Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    You just know he really wanted to rank Struggle Wilson #1, but it would have been too obvious.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    In my opinion.

1.Aaron Rodgers
    2.Tom Brady
    3.Joe Montana
    4.Peyton Manning
    5.Drew Brees
    6.Dan Marino
    7.John Elway
    8.Big Ben
    9.Brett Favre
    10.Philip Rivers

The old timers played a different game, really don't belong.
    sheesh, you really don’t know about football, do ya little guy~~~

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    In my opinion.

1.Aaron Rodgers
    2.Tom Brady
    3.Joe Montana
    4.Peyton Manning
    5.Drew Brees
    6.Dan Marino
    7.John Elway
    8.Big Ben
    9.Brett Favre
    10.Philip Rivers

The old timers played a different game, really don't belong.
    Bruh, this is pathetic.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    sheesh, you really don’t know about football, do ya little guy~~~
    Lol!!!

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Andrew with the legendary bads par the course

Brady won in two different eras multiple times.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Brady got bailed out 5 out of 5 times...

The first 3 rings - all the defense and special teams... one year they would have lost if not for a stupid rule that has long been overturned... they also won that game on a first possession OT field goal, which has been overturned by the league as well in 2011.

2014 - Brady was solid, but let's not act like Darrell Bevell and Co. didn't take Seattle's 2nd straight le from the jaws of victory.

2016 - Brady wasn't even that good most of the game. Threw a crushing pick 6 which would have been ball game against most teams. Sure, his stats were great in the 4th quarter, but he shouldn't have even had that kind of chance. The Falcons' HC and OC flat out blew it multiple times.

Rodgers? 1/1. 2010 - Defeated Big Ben in a shootout when Big Ben was good and the Steelers' defense was still quite good.

Foles? Definitely 1/1. Took town Tommy boy in a shootout. You can argue Brandon Graham's play, but the Pats weren't in scoring position yet, and let's not act like the Eagles defense did a damn thing before that.

Peyton Manning? 1/2. 2006 - Yes, Colts defense was average at best, and the Bears had a monster defense. 2015 - Definitely NO.

Eli Manning? I'll also give him 1/2.

2007 - no... he had a few moments, but most of his best moments were chucking 50/50 balls downfield and the receiver making a miracle catch. The defense, especially the pass rush, was legendary.

2011 - yes... this time, he was the difference in the final drive to beat NE, orchestrating and making beautiful throws, and the defense wasn't nearly as good as the 2007 version. He also had taken down a 15-1 Rodgers in a shootout earlier in the playoffs.

Post Count
    2014 - Brady was solid, but let's not act like Struggle Wilson didn't take Seattle's 2nd straight le from the jaws of victory.
    FIFY

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Wilson didn't change the play at the LOS -- Carroll confirmed that one came from upstairs. The idea was to run on 3rd down if it didn't work, and if they didn't punch it in they could still call timeout and decide what to do on 4th.

I'm still heartbroken over that one.

Post Count
    Peyton Manning? 1/2. 2006 - Yes, Colts defense was average at best, and the Bears had a monster defense.
    That's a joke, right? The 2006 Colts' defense held its opponents to only 16.3 PPG in the playoffs while Peyton put up a putrid TD-INT ratio and the worst playoff passer rating of any Super Bowl winning QB. He was 100% carried that season.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That's a joke, right? The 2006 Colts' defense held its opponents to only 16.3 PPG in the playoffs while Peyton put up a putrid TD-INT ratio and the worst playoff passer rating of any Super Bowl winning QB. He was 100% carried that season.
    PPG is a terrible stat to measure defenses, tbh... Addai was pretty awesome w/ball control, but he was definitely not carried...

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    The first 3 rings - all the defense and special teams... one year they would have lost if not for a stupid rule that has long been overturned
    rule aside, it wasn't even a tuck.

yes the rule was stupid but they ed up the call on top of it

but brady is the goat. ive seen him do it way too many times to harp on one or two moments. i mean, they're a tyree catch and edelman drop away from 2 more SB's and it really works both ways. they also would have been heavy favorites in 08 and still won 11 games with cassel. imagine brady was there....

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    As a Packers fan I have trouble putting Rodgers above Brady. The ring count makes it pretty difficult. In a vacuum Rodgers is probably the better more talented guy, but we can’t play the the what if game.

Brady 5
    Rodgers just the 1

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    As a Packers fan I have trouble putting Rodgers above Brady. The ring count makes it pretty difficult. In a vacuum Rodgers is probably the better more talented guy, but we can’t play the the what if game.

Brady 5
    Rodgers just the 1
    yeah... GOAT rankings need to be a combination of talent and resume

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    rule aside, it wasn't even a tuck.

yes the rule was stupid but they ed up the call on top of it

but brady is the goat. ive seen him do it way too many times to harp on one or two moments. i mean, they're a tyree catch and edelman drop away from 2 more SB's and it really works both ways. they also would have been heavy favorites in 08 and still won 11 games with cassel. imagine brady was there....
    Welker dropped it in '11, not Edelman. Edelman was playing backup slot corner/gadget receiver that year.

The Cassel 11-5 year just furthers the pro-Belichick SysTom argument, IMO.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Brady 5
    Rodgers just the 1
    While the Pats haven't had much in defensive talent since around 2009, they still have a defensive guru in Belichick... the Packers have had next to nothing on defense, both on and off the field, throughout Rodgers' era.

exhibit A: today: 34 year old Adrian Peterson has almost 90 yards and 2 touchdowns in 1 half against that tragic defense. Redskins have 28 points at halftime. Sheesh.

& don't forget how they gave up 200 rushing yards to Krapernick in the playoffs two years in a row

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Rodgers ain’t even better than Brees.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Rodgers ain’t even better than Brees.
    do you really believe that?

No shame in losing to FitzMAGIC, but the offense was terrible against a poor Browns defense, and they almost lost at home to Tyrod ing Taylor.....

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    do you really believe that?

No shame in losing to FitzMAGIC, but the offense was terrible against a poor Browns defense, and they almost lost at home to Tyrod ing Taylor.....
    What does one game have to do anything? And Brees wasn’t even in that bad against Cleveland and he’s been flawless against Tampa and Atlanta.

But I’m talking about career wise. Brees has been better.

Doesn't matter, because Mahomes is gonna smoke all these scrubs.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What does one game have to do anything? And Brees wasn’t even in that bad against Cleveland and he’s been flawless against Tampa and Atlanta.

brees is amazingly consistent and pretty damn great and has the better resume,but Rodgers at his best is better than Brees better than Brady.
    but uf you stacking careers, of course, Bress is more accomplished.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count

Take off your black and gold glasses. Of course his career numbers are higher, he has been in the league longer. Your out of your ing mind though if you think Brees will finish ahead of Rodgers on any all time list outside the city of New Orleans tbh.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Take off your black and gold glasses. Of course his career numbers are higher, he has been in the league longer. Your out of your ing mind though if you think Brees will finish ahead of Rodgers on any all time list outside the city of New Orleans tbh.
    Rodgers won’t be durable enough long-term to catch Brees. Pretty much has an injury every year. And Brees has had even less to work with than Rodgers who has choked numerous times at home in the playoffs while Brees routinely carved up top defenses on the road in playoff games only to have his defense blow it.

Post Count
    Brees routinely carved up top defenses on the road in playoff games only to have his defense blow it.
    This literally sounds like a synopsis of Rodgers' career.

This literally sounds like a synopsis of Rodgers' career.
    Godgers

09- loss to Zona in the WC
    10- SB
    11- loss to Giants, divisional
    12- loss to kaepernick in divisional
    13- loss to kaepernick in WC
    14- chokes to the Seahawks(Dez caught it), NFCCG
    15- loses to the Cardinlols again in divisional
    16- actually a good year, but loses to the choker Falcons in the NFCCG
    17- no playoffs, injured

Breesus

06- loss to Bears, NFCCG
    07- missed POs
    08- missed POs
    09- wins SB
    10- loss to Seattle, WC
    11- lose to Niners in divisional
    12- miss POs
    13- lose to Seattle in divisional
    14- missed POs
    15- missed POs
    16- missed POs
    17- lose in divisional to Minny

Honestly, my real question is how does everyone on McCarthy endlessly but Payton gets a pass?
    Last edited by Bill_Brasky; 09-25-2018 at 07:16 AM.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Rodgers won’t be durable enough long-term to catch Brees. Pretty much has an injury every year. And Brees has had even less to work with than Rodgers who has choked numerous times at home in the playoffs while Brees routinely carved up top defenses on the road in playoff games only to have his defense blow it.
    Choked in the playoffs as opposed to missing the playoffs 6 ing times since 06
    The only year I will somewhat put on Rodgers was NFC championship against Seattle, the biggest issue there was fat s terrible second half playcalling though tbh.
    Rodgers has missed the playoff 1 ing time, his first year starting.

Rodgers Peak is better, Rodgers averages across his career are better, just stop.

More with less is a joke, you have seen how pathetic the Packers were both times Rodgers went down for long durations of time right?

Will let you live in your fantasy land where Brees is somehow better though.

Thread Information