Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offer everything except Walker, Murray, Derozan, LMA. Not a believer in these youngsters, but they're all we have for the future I guess.
    Yeah, LMA and DDR would probably never be on the table. Spurs, assuming that their is mutual interest, would certainly want to form a new big 3.

If Butler tells Minnesota he wants out before the start of the season, then I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being Gasol, Walker and the Spurs and Toronto's 1st round picks for Butler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't trade DeRozan for Butler. DeRozan fits the timeline with Aldridge better, and he fills a more important role for the offense. I don't disagree that that would be a problematic perimeter group, though. The biggest draw-back to this trade is that they'd have little time to develop chemistry before the club had to make a decision on sinking a ton of money into keeping it together. Given enough time and a willingness to make it work, I think the three could fit together. But I wouldn't expect it to work much better than OKC's trio did last season.
    Butler is a considerable better player than DeRozan, tbh.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Getting Butler would cost us one of LMA or Derozan. Like Minny really wants to help the Spurs assemble a new big 3 of LMA, Derozan and Butler. They will trade him East or to Lakers probably. If your Spurs FO you try to land Jimmy if possible without giving up LMA and Derozan but it's unlikely they would do a deal without one of them included.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd move LMA for butler tbh. LMA is a good player and all but his style sucks in the playoffs. Maybe not his style but just him in general.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rwolves-season

Assuming this ends up in a trade, and that PATFO could outbid other teams, where is your red line?

Is one year of Butler (and Bird rights) worth Murray and/or Walker plus unprotected picks? Is it worth taking on Dieng's contract, which is so bad that it makes Patty's deal seem reasonable?

Is a core of DeRozan, Butler and Aldridge good enough to beat the Warriors? If not, how close is it (like an injury away or a complete roster overhaul)?
    with Pop? yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bingo. With Pop, even this current hole of a squad has some type of a shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler is a considerable better player than DeRozan, tbh.
    He's also a china doll of the highest order. In 6 seasons, he's only played 70 or more twice. He's also a rental.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting Butler would cost us one of LMA or Derozan. Like Minny really wants to help the Spurs assemble a new big 3 of LMA, Derozan and Butler. They will trade him East or to Lakers probably. If your Spurs FO you try to land Jimmy if possible without giving up LMA and Derozan but it's unlikely they would do a deal without one of them included.
    Why on earth would you trade either of our All NBA players for a rental?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's also a china doll of the highest order. In 6 seasons, he's only played 70 or more twice. He's also a rental.
    It doesn't have to be a rental, tbh. Butler has expressed some kind of interest on joining SA. I'm sure he wouldn't be too quick on dismissing the idea of signing with us long term. Trading for him would make signing him a lot more possible, that's for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't have to be a rental, tbh. Butler has expressed some kind of interest on joining SA. I'm sure he wouldn't be too quick on dismissing the idea of signing with us long term. Trading for him would make signing him a lot more possible, that's for sure.
    Unless he does an extend and trade, he HAS to be considered a rental, and appropriate resources sent out in exchange. You don't send out good young pieces HOPING that he'll re-sign.

If he let's it be know that he wants a trade, the offers they will receive will be rental level, from everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Butler requests a trade, he'll give Minny a list of teams that he is amenable to- probably the Lakers, Knicks and Spurs. It's not quite an assurance that he'll stay but if they were able to trade for him, then he'd likely only consider signing with the Lakers and Knicks and they don't have two other All-stars, Pop and most importantly his bird rights.

His injury history is a concern but throwing out his rookie year, he's missed 75 games in six seasons or about 12.5 games. That's about 68 games played per season. That's not iron man level but it's not like he's Orlando version of Grant Hill either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still wondering what the trade was when they were pitching that diva whiny worm to stay with us if it was indeed Kembra or something else cause I truly do not think this team is terrible a another solid piece under pops system would make us compete. Especially if we not giving up the farm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray
    DDR
    Butler
    Bertans
    LMA

Mills
    White
    Belinelli
    Gay
    Poeltl

That's a of a rotation. If it means giving up Gasol, Walker, and potentially both the Spurs and Raptor's picks- or at least the better of the two picks, then I am all in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If/when, I doubt the Timberwolves trade Butler to a Western Conference team or for a package headlined by an unestablished player or pick. Similar to the Spurs, expect their goal to be to remain as compe ive as possible.

The 76ers would probably be the favorites. If they receive some level of confidence in his re-signing, they can offer what they did for Leonard: Saric, Covington, Heat '21 1st.

Sure, there's no star in it, but the Timberwolves are already paying Wiggins, aka the poor man's DeRozan, to be that, so they might as well give him the usage and surrounding pieces to give him the best chance of doing so. They also still have Teague, a prime, league average starter. So unlike the Spurs, they don't need a featured offensive perimeter player in return to remain compe ive.

Even if the two things I said at the beginning didn't apply, I doubt the Timberwolves would be interested in either DeRozan (rich man's version, but 6 years older than Wiggins and negative overlap) or Murray/Walker (too much uncertainty for either to be the centerpiece for a top 10-15 player)

I don't even think the Spurs would be interested in doing either DeRozan (clearly inferior, but Spurs material, durable, signed for 2-3 seasons and no championship ceiling either way) or Murray/Walker (A Butler/Aldridge/DeRozan core would be ill-fitting, likely have chemistry issues and he'd probably walk).

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Why on earth would you trade either of our All NBA players for a rental?
    I wouldn't just saying that's probably in reality what it's gonna take to get Butler to Spurs even if he is a rental. Minny will probably trade him East. If Spurs can keep their duo of DeMar and LaMarcus and just trade Pau, Patty, Walker or something for Butler I am all for it. Do not want to give up DeMar and LaMarcus for a Jimmy Butler rental.

One Bad Ass MoFo SouthTexasRancher's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This could have been done when we had KaWhitter but, it'd be hard to make numbers match now without giving up too many players. But, if Minny was willing to take Mills and Gasol and one of DM, DW, or LW4 plus a draft pick. If they would take Dejounte then Derrick could move into DJ's spot. With 4 talented players on the starting unit I think DW could end up doing quite well as a starting PG. But, with Patty and Manu gone in this scenario I don't think Pop would be very comfortable without an experienced ball handler. This is especially so with guys like DD, LMA and RG on the team now, Pop has to make a strong run for trophy #6 in the next couple of years. Adding Butler would or should get us much closer except we don't have a true PG to direct the team. Bottom line is I doubt PATFO will do anything at this point especially when you look at the salary situation. But, I'd love to have Butler or Porter.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone and any picks except lma and ddr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This could have been done when we had KaWhitter but, it'd be hard to make numbers match now without giving up too many players. But, if Minny was willing to take Mills and Gasol and one of DM, DW, or LW4 plus a draft pick. If they would take Dejounte then Derrick could move into DJ's spot. With 4 talented players on the starting unit I think DW could end up doing quite well as a starting PG. But, with Patty and Manu gone in this scenario I don't think Pop would be very comfortable without an experienced ball handler. This is especially so with guys like DD, LMA and RG on the team now, Pop has to make a strong run for trophy #6 in the next couple of years. Adding Butler would or should get us much closer except we don't have a true PG to direct the team. Bottom line is I doubt PATFO will do anything at this point especially when you look at the salary situation. But, I'd love to have Butler or Porter.
    Gasol for Butler should work straight up. Butler is only making $20 million this season. Mills and Gasol together would be around $28 million.

Probably Gasol, LW4, and the better of the two 1st rounder's would be the outline of potential trade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy stat I didn't know, the Timberwolves have the lowest win % in NBA history, even lower then the Clips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was Paul George, I'll try and pull the trigger. But Butler doesn't fit with the current makeup of this team. He needs to ball just as much as DD, and both are not great outside shooters to fit along with another. Besides, I think a healthy Gay gives 80% of Butler for a third of the cost. I would like the Spurs to try and nab Middleton if we are going to give up on our youth.
    Agreed. Having two wings, who are both below average three point shooters will clog the lane even more, and mess up the spacing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's his health? Wasn't he hurt last season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How's his health? Wasn't he hurt last season?
    Tore his meniscus then chose the surgery route to return ASAP.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks like someone hasn’t seen their ratings for ‘potential’ on 2k19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised if GS didn't disintegrate next summer. They basically asked Klay to take a $75M haircut by signing an extension instead of playing out his contract for a new one. He refused. Durant also seems to be fence sitting. I think if Klay bolts, and the Lakers seem VERY interested, that Durant will also leave (NYK?). That drops GS back into the pack again.
    This. I think this could be the last year of the GS run, but the Lakers may be a pain in the ass again depending on LeBron's health and who they get to join him. Rockets will be around but their window is short and no D'Antoni team will ever triumph in the end. Spurs could be in the thick of things again in as little as 2 years if PATFO make the right moves. Pop may even stick around longer than we think.

Thread Information