Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And I really don't get why I'm the only one on this forum (in particular, but also in general) who still likes Gasol for 20-24 minutes a game.
    You're not. He's still a very effective player. There are groups here that want a youth movement, groups mad about his salary, and those that just want to dis Pau for trolling or various agendas.

Dude is the only player on the team that has a legit chance at a triple double when rolling, at least until DJ gets better at passing.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Teague+Butler+Patton for Murray+Walker+Gasol
    Pop wouldn't give up Murray but this works on ESPN trade checker. I don't think Pop wants to give up Murray and Walker for a Butler rental would need Jimmy to sign extension. For Minny not a bad trade both Murray and Walker have a ton of potential on cap friendly contracts.

I think Buford would do it and Pop would probably say no.

I would not want to give up Walker and Murray though, if Spurs can get Butler and not give them up that helps this team a ton.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    so apparently KAT and wiggins don’t wanna play with butler... and butler doesn’t wanna be in minny... and thibs doesn’t wanna be in minny without butler

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    wolves media day is monday

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets have a ton of 1 year contracts, like Lakers, which Sean Marks, Nets GM, could use to trade for Butler, get his bird rights, and then make a play for KL and/or Kyrie in the summer. YES sports network is one of the sports networks that Disney has to sell and YES, with the Yankees and Nets, could possibly buy themselves autonomy to go head to head with MSG in NYC. Wolves take the one year contracts because they will come off their books when KAT becomes a restricted FA.

From Spurs perspective, Gasol has to be a part of the deal, but LW4 is the only young player I make available, with the draft picks. I'd rather the Spurs passed and develop their own. If you wanted Jimmy Butler you should have drafted him instead of Cojo years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not. He's still a very effective player. There are groups here that want a youth movement, groups mad about his salary, and those that just want to dis Pau for trolling or various agendas.

Dude is the only player on the team that has a legit chance at a triple double when rolling, at least until DJ gets better at passing.
    I like Gasol just fine but 20-24 minutes is a bit high for him.

I think Pop will start him and play him for the first 7 minutes of each half with LMA and then go small with Bertans or Gay for the rest of the half. He'd still play around 20 mpg but the offense tends to be much better when it's LMA or Pau at center and not both playing together.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It just seems like players who aren't up for top endorsement money are angling for the biggest NBA salary in a big market tbh.

those players. Not worth trying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard Butler shagged KAT's girlfriend, which obviously played a part in their rift. We don't want this overrated prima donna. The Spurs obviously went for culture this summer which is obvious by trading our cancer for DDR whom by all accounts from Raptors fans is one of the nicest dudes on earth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard Butler shagged KAT's girlfriend, which obviously played a part in their rift. We don't want this overrated prima donna. The Spurs obviously went for culture this summer which is obvious by trading our cancer for DDR whom by all accounts from Raptors fans is one of the nicest dudes on earth.
    Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Butler pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the Spurs' FO want to invite another disgruntled, en led, spoiled player into the fold? One year rental is great, but does acquiring Butler push the Spurs back into elite status? Not so sure. Losing Pau would leave us pretty thin up front and the Spurs would have to bundle a lot more than Gasol to get that deal done.

I've always been a fan of Butler, but these guys demanding trades and holding their team and coaches hostage in the process just pisses me off. I lose respect for someone who is willing to say F' You to an entire organization and city, screwing both in the process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would see if the Wolves would be interested on taking DeRozan. A DeRozan/Butler pairing on the wings would be an awful fit, specially with Murray at PG. We would be the worst 3 pt shooting team on the league.
    Agree.

I am not sold on Derozan. I realize he's now a Spur and after his depressive outburst and he has come around to be engaged and also he's very unlikely to be traded bc the Spurs just traded for him and dude might go into a deep depression considering his history... but I consider Butler to fit in better considering he's impactufl defensively and has played as a SF, which Demar is not (dude has played as a guard and has to be hidden on defense, even getting benched in the playoffs bc he's that awful)...

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Agree.

I am not sold on Derozan. I realize he's now a Spur and after his depressive outburst and he has come around to be engaged and also he's very unlikely to be traded bc the Spurs just traded for him and dude might go into a deep depression considering his history... but I consider Butler to fit in better considering he's impactufl defensively and has played as a SF, which Demar is not (dude has played as a guard and has to be hidden on defense, even getting benched in the playoffs bc he's that awful)...
    Not going to happen and you know it. Spurs would not trade DeMar for a Butler rental. Trust me the T-wolves would take that and run. Spurs are lucky to have DeMar here and I don't think a Butler/DeMar backcourt would not work it would. Spurs don't have anything for Minny other than Pau and maybe Walker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree.

You have gotta be crazy to want Butler. Butler is a toxic lockeroom guy who is very Hollywood. He definitely would bolt after this this season to go to LA or NYC. I just don't get why in the blue would you want to go through another year of drama after what happened last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not going to happen and you know it. Spurs would not trade DeMar for a Butler rental. Trust me the T-wolves would take that and run. Spurs are lucky to have DeMar here and I don't think a Butler/DeMar backcourt would not work it would. Spurs don't have anything for Minny other than Pau and maybe Walker.
    yea I know it's not happening... like so many other deals proposed here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have gotta be crazy to want Butler. Butler is a toxic lockeroom guy who is very Hollywood. He definitely would bolt after this this season to go to LA or NYC. I just don't get why in the blue would you want to go through another year of drama after what happened last year.
    I am quite fine if they want to rebuild... but they want to contend or remain compe ive. If he bolts, he bolts. Kiwi bolted and everyone thought he was the perfect Spur before this past season. You aren't getting another Timmy Duncan, have to make do with what you can find out there to be traded... or rebuild the old fashioned way tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am quite fine if they want to rebuild... but they want to contend or remain compe ive. If he bolts, he bolts. Kiwi bolted and everyone thought he was the perfect Spur before this past season. You aren't getting another Timmy Duncan, have to make do with what you can find out there to be traded... or rebuild the old fashioned way tbh.
    Don't be stupid this not about finding a Duncan like player. You don't willingly trade for guys who are cancers. Butler is a ing cancer. They are reports that he slept with KAT's girlfriend granted I know you are going to bring up Tony Parker. The point is this guy has low character and has been hated in both Chicago and Minnesota by his teammates. I'm sorry I'm not interested in having divas.

Also the Spurs are not going to be a contender even if they trade Demar for Butler. Right now it's about just being a 50 win team and exposing the young guys to a winning culture. The goal is that one of the young guys can eventually become a superstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be stupid this not about finding a Duncan like player. You don't willingly trade for guys who are cancers. Butler is a ing cancer. They are reports that he slept with KAT's girlfriend granted I know you are going to bring up Tony Parker. The point is this guy has low character and has been hated in both Chicago and Minnesota by his teammates. I'm sorry I'm not interested in having divas.

Also the Spurs are not going to be a contender even if they trade Demar for Butler. Right now it's about just being a 50 win team and exposing the young guys to a winning culture. The goal is that one of the young guys can eventually become a superstar.
    Lol ok you wouldn’t trade for him.

I think he’s a better player than Derozan and I would.

Neither of us will make this call so what’s your problem?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol ok you wouldn’t trade for him.

I think he’s a better player than Derozan and I would.

Neither of us will make this call so what’s your problem?
    DeMar literally does everything better than Jimmy Butler. Like there's nothing I can think of that Butler does better than Demar. One guy led his team to the 1st seed in the east was beloved by his teammates and was a leader while the other guy (Butler) barely made the playoffs, was a hated by all his teammates, and was the worst leader you can ask for. Frankly, saying Butler is better than Demar is insulting and flat out wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar literally does everything better than Jimmy Butler. Like there's nothing I can think of that Butler does better than Demar. One guy led his team to the 1st seed in the east was beloved by his teammates and was a leader while the other guy (Butler) barely made the playoffs, was a hated by all his teammates, and was the worst leader you can ask for. Frankly, saying Butler is better than Demar is insulting and flat out wrong.
    that's you.
    Demar has lately been in much better teams. The Wolves were horrible b4 Jimmy played there, they were clearly so much worse without him. The Bulls are the laughinstock of the East. Even their fans hate their FO. I am not crazy about Jimmy, but even less about Demar frankly. Maybe he changes my opinion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's you.
    Demar has lately been in much better teams. The Wolves were horrible b4 Jimmy played there, they were clearly so much worse without him. The Bulls are the laughinstock of the East. Even their fans hate their FO. I am not crazy about Jimmy, but even less about Demar frankly. Maybe he changes my opinion.
    I agree with him. DeMar is better on offense. He’s a better teammate and also something that’s very important that he’s better than is durability. Availability is sometimes the best ability.

But yeah Jimmy would wreck chemistry. I don’t see him getting along with hardly any team he goes to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A second round pick, don't want.

He doesn't move the needle enough. Can't have three max guys and not be contenders. That team still isn't beating Golden State. Would rather develop our young guys for the future tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, not desperate enough to be interested at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's you.
    The Bulls were clearly tanking last year. But Butler just had another knee injury. He only played in 59 games last year and has so much wear and tear from playing under Thibs that the idea of signing him to a 5 year max scares me. Demar is under a really good contract (same as LMA) and it's shorter so we can move on from him sooner if need be. Raptors talent wasn't really that special last year tbh, but their chemistry and camaraderie was so good that they finished with a higher record than 3 teams with equal or more talent. And Demar was a big reason for that.
    Butler doesn't mentor anyone young and is notorious for causing drama with youth in the locker room. I mean you know you're a bad leader when Rajon Rondo looks like a good one compared to you. He has had no playoff success to speak of either (it's sad when Demar has more playoff success than you). WE are better off this year with Demar since history suggests that he will play in almost every single regular season game, he will play well during those regular season, he is a good teammate/ team player, and will cost the Spurs less money and prospects (DJ or Walker).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bulls were clearly tanking last year. But Butler just had another knee injury. He only played in 59 games last year and has so much wear and tear from playing under Thibs that the idea of signing him to a 5 year max scares me. Demar is under a really good contract (same as LMA) and it's shorter so we can move on from him sooner if need be. Raptors talent wasn't really that special last year tbh, but their chemistry and camaraderie was so good that they finished with a higher record than 3 teams with equal or more talent. And Demar was a big reason for that.
    Butler doesn't mentor anyone young and is notorious for causing drama with youth in the locker room. I mean you know you're a bad leader when Rajon Rondo looks like a good one compared to you. He has had no playoff success to speak of either (it's sad when Demar has more playoff success than you). WE are better off this year with Demar since history suggests that he will play in almost every single regular season game, he will play well during those regular season, he is a good teammate/ team player, and will cost the Spurs less money and prospects (DJ or Walker).
    That's a good point about his knee. I forgot about Thibs running him into the ground and him coming back from that injury pressing for the playoffs.

Raptors also played in the East. Demar is a good teammate but he's not that great of a player IMO. He can score and that's pretty much it. I am just not a fan of his, but perhaps he wins me over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a good point about his knee. I forgot about Thibs running him into the ground and him coming back from that injury pressing for the playoffs.

Raptors also played in the East. Demar is a good teammate but he's not that great of a player IMO. He can score and that's pretty much it. I am just not a fan of his, but perhaps he wins me over.
    DeMar averaged over 5 assists per game last year. You didn’t know that. You didn’t know about Butlers fragility. It’s pretty clear that you just have no idea what your talking about.

Thread Information