Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yuck. Huestis is older than JSimms was when he caught on here, and has shown far less. I hope he's a training camp casualty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    garbage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he played against Metu before on different schools.. But yeah not a big deal signing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do the do you think they can get that deep into the bench?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​Lebron James?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys whom they drafted and let toil in the d-league. A PG to give them a bit of depth at their weakest position. A wing with size. If Eubanks is just Costello 2.0 then it's a waste. It's not that he can't end up being a good player and contributor this season. But it makes little sense to upgrade his contract before the pre-season. There's a lot to be said about keeping a two-way slot open and seeing if someone decent gets cut in camp.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they were good enough to be on a 15 man roster, they would be.
    What I am saying is, is that they're not even good enough to be on a 17 man roster. The Spurs are signing players no-one else wants to those two-way roster spots.

Also, you keep trashing Heustis, but I am sure that I read he wanted to leave OKC and go somewhere where he can expand on his game. He even said he'd take less money to go somewhere where he can become a better player. Don't remember where I read it or maybe I watched it, but he's better than those scrubs you're defending. He might not make every team's 17 man roster, but he's been in the NBA and is a lot more closer to making a roster, especially in the 16th or 17th spot than these two-way contracts the Spurs keep signing are.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree to a two-way deal per Shams.
    As per SI https://www.si.com/nba/nba-draft-201...ings-big-board

92. DREW EUBANKS, C, OREGON STATE | JUNIOR

Height: 6'10" | Weight: 250 | Age: 21 | Last: NR
    Stats: 13.2 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 1.7 BPG

An athletic, low-usage dive man, Eubanks put together a solid couple of seasons for the Beavers and opted to forgo his senior year. He‘s unlikely to be drafted, but has the tools to be an effective finisher and rebounder in the G League or overseas. Eubanks has no jump shooting component to his game, and that coupled with limited defensive versatility and average rim protection makes it harder to envision him fitting neatly into a role on a winning team. In the best case scenario, he eventually slots into a backup role and lives off his own hustle on the floor.

If I understand contemporary terms, dive men are big men like Capela who rebound and catch lobs or rely on athleticism to score. The San Antonio front office also seems to love his hustle, similar to Matt Costello. Eubanks taking up the first two-way slot (guaranteed) still gives Blossomgame a small window of opportunity, but he has compe ion in Huestis and Pondexter. I hope Blossomgame doesn't take it personally. He's a consistent three-point shot away from cracking the fringes of an NBA roster.

EDIT: Apparently this is what a dive man normally does:
    https://medium.com/the-basketball-dictionary/dive-6baf356529cf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that Eubanks had no potential. He was an eager shot-blocker in the summer league, and his much younger than someone like Brimah. It's just that he was already locked for a TC spot. My best guess for why PATFO upgraded him is because another team offered a two-way contract, and Eubanks/his representation asked to be let out of their deal to pursue the guaranteed money. But I would have called his bluff or just let him go if that was the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys whom they drafted and let toil in the d-league. A PG to give them a bit of depth at their weakest position. A wing with size. If Eubanks is just Costello 2.0 then it's a waste. It's not that he can't end up being a good player and contributor this season. But it makes little sense to upgrade his contract before the pre-season. There's a lot to be said about keeping a two-way slot open and seeing if someone decent gets cut in camp.
    They have a two way slot open. It's possible that Huestis could end up with the other one, but with his non-existent offensive skills, it's far from likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that Eubanks had no potential. He was an eager shot-blocker in the summer league, and his much younger than someone like Brimah. It's just that he was already locked for a TC spot. My best guess for why PATFO upgraded him is because another team offered a two-way contract, and Eubanks/his representation asked to be let out of their deal to pursue the guaranteed money. But I would have called his bluff or just let him go if that was the case.
    You'd have criticized them for doing that, letting an athletic young big get away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd have criticized them for doing that, letting an athletic young big get away.
    No I wouldn't. They have Metu and Poeltl. Why do you think I'd be obsessed with them having another one?

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I wouldn't. They have Metu and Poeltl. Why do you think I'd be obsessed with them having another one?
    yo I think we can agree this is a move that barely moves the needle whether they sign Brimah or Huestis or Malik Newman. The front office probably thought he was their kind of guy and they can just waive him if he sucks. Some of the more tenured fans want Blossomgame and I'd love for him to get a fair shake but the front office likely had a closer look and took a pass, at least this season. We've mostly been limited to highlight videos we forget about the raw aspects of their game. For a sop re at summer league he did okay, nothing spectacular.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huestis > this caucasoid scrub

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I tend to concurr that it seems like the Spurs passed on Blossomgame and that they mostly seem set on their full roster, barring someone completely failing in preseason and getting cut prior to the start of the season (not unheard of...)

Thread Information