My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    5th round pick for Josh Gordon

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Broncos
    Post Count
    No question Gordon has a pro bowl year now.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    So now that he's quit on the Browns, is he actually going to play football or just be the receiver version of Albert Haynesworth?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    the receiver version of Albert Haynesworth?
    You probably forget because of how bad he was, but that would be Chad Ochocinco , it was even the same year they had Haynesworth.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    This trade definitely gets what they need at receiver, still need to address the ty oline / ty secondary with Malcolm Butler gone.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    This trade definitely gets what they need at receiver, still need to address the ty oline / ty secondary with Malcolm Butler gone.
    And the ty linebackers aside from Hightower.

Hopefully this means we never see another Cordarelle Patterson sweep for a 2 yard gain.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    They probably ran all these Patterson trick plays in practice to great results, but forgot that most NFL defenses aren’t full of the the unathletic dip s that NE has.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    And the ty linebackers aside from Hightower.
    At some point I accepted the fact (probably around when Jamie Collins was traded....if not him then Chandler Jones) that Belichick has bought into the hype around his ability to “coach em up” and has decided he doesn’t need to invest in talent at linebacker or defensive end.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    surprised this wasn't started by boston pancake talkin about how great tommy o-brady is gonna do

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    david boston tbh

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    lol browns. ramsay vs gordon will be interesting

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    This trade definitely gets what they need at receiver
    Josh Gordon has played 11 games in the last three-plus seasons. If he can get on the field and stay there, good for the Pats. But I wouldn't count on him just yet.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Josh Gordon has played 11 games in the last three-plus seasons. If he can get on the field and stay there, good for the Pats. But I wouldn't count on him just yet.
    Yeah, this is far from a slam dunk like the Moss trade. It’s exciting because of the potential, but it’s more likely to fail than it is to succeed.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I should have clarified that I don’t think they needed much at receiver. With Gronk/Edelman/Hogan they just need one threat on the outside that can take what’s given to him, not saying he needs to play at a pro bowl level.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Nice pickup

Looks like we'll be playing you guys in the Super Bowl.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    implying goodell hasn't decided to just not drug test him now

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    implying goodell hasn't decided to just not drug test him now
    You mean like how he didn’t drug test Edelman...?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You mean like how he didn’t drug test Edelman...?
    playing the long game

My Team
    Cleveland Browns
    Post Count
    I should have clarified that I don’t think they needed much at receiver. With Gronk/Edelman/Hogan they just need one threat on the outside that can take what’s given to him, not saying he needs to play at a pro bowl level.
    They just need him suited up and on the field. As long as he's out there he has to be accounted for even if he doesn't know WTF is going on.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't believe Gordon really moves the needle. Brady needs good route runners all over the field to succeed (hence Edelman, Hogan, Amendola, Welker, etc) and Gordon is a low awareness, low route running stud athlete. He might be an upgrade over Dorsett but neither is that great at doing what Brady wants.

Patriots made the deal because Belichick and Co. remember how Gordon went for over 200+ yards in Foxborough in 2013. Browns nearly won that game and should have, if not for a bogus onside kick at the very end and then a REALLY bogus interference in the endzone call that had the Kraft+Goodell love affair written all over it. And/or the refs had the Patriots in the spread and wanted to save face and money.

Thread Information