Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    This thing is going to be on $25 clearance at Walmart within a month I bet.
    I wonder if this abomination killed the market for retro consoles. Can't imagine retailers being happy with all that unsold stock or consumers being satisfied with the shoddy product. Sega's still planning on releasing a Megadrive classic next year...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if this abomination killed the market for retro consoles. Can't imagine retailers being happy with all that unsold stock or consumers being satisfied with the shoddy product. Sega's still planning on releasing a Megadrive classic next year...
    It was dead the second Nintendo announced they were done with them, as NES Classic and SNES Classic were the only two good ones ever made. Otherwise they have been cash grabs for crap quality hardware. Atari Flashback has been released 4-5 times and it has been every single time. Genesis Flashback has been even worse with garbage audio and terrible emulation every single time it has been released. And the controllers have been junk too. The Namco Blast machines have been horrible, advertising arcade games on the box and then being loaded with NES versions of the arcade games on the actual machines. Neo Geo Classic was stupid and the controller was crap. Commodore 64 Mini had a terrible game selection. And then Playstation Classic had a ridiculous price tag for horrible quality emulation.

Good riddance to the micro console if Nintendo is out of the picture. Nintendo is the only company who ever cared in the slightest about putting out a product people would enjoy using. And I still play the out of my SNES Classic because the controller is spot on and the emulation feels just like the real SNES (and with an NES Classic controller and dual booting into the NES Classic it feels like a real NES too). It's sad the NES/SNES Classic have been cancelled, because they're outstanding quality and worth every cent. If anyone is thinking about getting one do it ASAP because they're not going to be stocked again.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-27-2018 at 08:05 AM.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    finding out that both the NES and SNES Classics run Playstation games better than the PS Classic, was pretty funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would it be worth it then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would it be worth it then?
    Not really IMO. Check the video I posted above with the $15 used PS3 wrecking it on PS1 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wouldn't pay a penny to go back to ty ps1 games tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be in the same bins as those $5 and under dvd bins. Sony should've just skipped the PS1 and did a PS2 classic console. But...I'm going to guess they would've ed that one up too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be in the same bins as those $5 and under dvd bins. Sony should've just skipped the PS1 and did a PS2 classic console. But...I'm going to guess they would've ed that one up too.
    Nah a PS2 microconsole isn't doable via emulation on a $100 budget plus the games are about 5 times larger than PS1 so you're incurring a lot of extra expense on the flash memory too. You're only going to see PS2 emulation on the PC, PS4, and PS5. Not even the Switch would be powerful enough to run PS2 games well in emulation most likely. But anything can emulate PS1. My $35 Raspberry Pi blasts through PS1 games and I can turn on a lot of extra filters for improving image quality on it too. The PS1 Classic was the easy one to get right but Sony phoned it in the same way Sega did with the various Genesis Flashbacks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh i cant think of a single PS1 game where i'd be thinking "man i cant wait till i get the chance to replay that game"

edit: arite, ps1 spyro games were fun

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One way Sony could do a PS2 Classic is in two or three years use extremely low budget AMD Ryzen APUs on 7nm (should be reasonable to create an affordable Jaguar level IPC+clockspeed chip with less cores) and then sell the PS2 games on PSN. But I think they'd rather just have you buy a PS4/PS5 and buy the PS2 games on it just like Nintendo is doing now on the Switch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh i cant think of a single PS1 game where i'd be thinking "man i cant wait till i get the chance to replay that game"

edit: arite, ps1 spyro games were fun
    Damn man, not even Metal Gear Solid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn man, not even Metal Gear Solid?
    i dont think its aged well tbh

edit: to be fair, ps1 was the first console i owned, and i was ing terrible at gaming back then, so i probably didnt get the full experience. but i cant imagine sitting down and playing original mgs for a few hour without getting bored.
    Last edited by spurraider21; 12-28-2018 at 09:47 PM.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I replayed MGS two years ago and died so many times it was ridiculous. Maybe I just got tier at games as I got older, but Solid Snake controls like a tank, which made every gunfight a chore. The Hind D fight was a nightmare.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    THPS tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spyro, Medievil, Ape Escape, Parappa, Um Jammer Lammy, Syphon Filter, Castlevania...

Thread Information