San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018...-loaded-games/

lmao everybody and their mother releasing classic consoles now

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thing will be worthless if they can't get licenses to all the Konami games like Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, and Suikoden I & II. Also Final Fantasy VII but no Final Fantasy IX? Be nice if they put Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on it too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018...-loaded-games/

lmao everybody and their mother releasing classic consoles now
    So this is a Playstation TV minus the Vita and PSP support but sold for the same price?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one Sony should have done is a PS2 Classic with a microSD card slot and then put the entire PS2 library up for sale on PSN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    power cord sold seperately
    including that steaming POS Jumping Flash

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thing will be worthless if they can't get licenses to all the Konami games like Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, and Suikoden I & II. Also Final Fantasy VII but no Final Fantasy IX? Be nice if they put Persona 2: Eternal Punishment on it too.
    Suikoden and FF9 are the GOAT PS1 JRPGs but makes zero sense for them to be on the 20 list.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the original, non dual shock control pads. PASS.

No MGS, no Spyro. More PASS. Muh RetroPie is a better option for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone remember that nba game that was like virtual 3d on the ps...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the original, non dual shock control pads. PASS.

No MGS, no Spyro. More PASS. Muh RetroPie is a better option for me.
    RetroPie is awesome for PS1 once you get it configured, but I remember having to jump through a lot of hoops to enable the digital pad for some games and the DualShock for others. Some games absolutely would not work with my 360 controller configured as a DualShock (I think the Bust A Move games as well as Mega Man X series for example) while others won't work at all with the digital gamepad (eg Ape Escape). A huge pain in the ass to setup, but the Pi 3B is an outstanding box for running PSX games once you do. Especially with the filters you can add that seriously clean up the image. Though nothing touches running ePSXe from a PC. Man that has ridiculous filters and with the release of the Ryzen 2200G and 2400G you can build some pretty small PCs capable of running PSP, Dreamcast, N64, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, and even PS3 emulation now.

Also no way this system will have any Spyro games with that remaster collection launching in November.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RetroPie is awesome for PS1 once you get it configured, but I remember having to jump through a lot of hoops to enable the digital pad for some games and the DualShock for others. Some games absolutely would not work with my 360 controller configured as a DualShock (I think the Bust A Move games as well as Mega Man X series for example) while others won't work at all with the digital gamepad (eg Ape Escape). A huge pain in the ass to setup, but the Pi 3B is an outstanding box for running PSX games once you do. Especially with the filters you can add that seriously clean up the image. Though nothing touches running ePSXe from a PC. Man that has ridiculous filters and with the release of the Ryzen 2200G and 2400G you can build some pretty small PCs capable of running PSP, Dreamcast, N64, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, and even PS3 emulation now.

Also no way this system will have any Spyro games with that remaster collection launching in November.
    I use some knockoff PS3 remotes I got off Amazon for like ten bucks each. I couldn't find any cheap 360 ones. The wireless setup on these knock offs is sketch at best so bought super long charge cables.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MGS looks great on my PS3. No reason to go back to inferior technology post cartridge era when it can easily be ported to updated consoles.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I still have a working PS1 (along with NES and Sega)

Hindsight PS1 was kinda meh graphics wise. PS2 was a huge leap, maybe the boxy 1st generation design adds to the nostalgia. Personally I've tried to bust out PS1 for fun and eye sore. NES and Sega still hold up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09...-coming-to-ps4

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Lol @ leg lock 0:45. What did they do to this once great sport

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Epic Intro

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one Sony should have done is a PS2 Classic with a microSD card slot and then put the entire PS2 library up for sale on PSN.
    i'd be all over that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont they already have a store wherein you can buy classic games? Sony acting desperate like they need the money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd be all over that
    Though if they did a PS2 Classic it would probably have to be the original chips shrunk on a 14nm node. I imagine that would be significantly cheaper to produce than cpus strong enough to emulate PS2 well. You'd probably need a cpu around as strong as say an early 2010's Core i3 or a current gen Pentium to emulate PS2. But I think that's what they did with the PS3 systems they use to run Playstation Now; eg CELL and RSX on 28 nm (Super Slims and Slims were on 45 nm lithography).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont they already have a store wherein you can buy classic games? Sony acting desperate like they need the money.
    Nintendo did too back when they released the NES Classic. These things are going to print money for Sony if they have the right games on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMFAOOOO

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing will ever top the original PS1 start up imo from a nostalgic perspective

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing will ever top the original PS1 start up imo from a nostalgic perspective
    3DO baby!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    legacy of kain soul reaver or bust, imo

Thread Information