Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by ace3g; 09-22-2018 at 11:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t see Ace’s posts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t see Ace’s posts
    This is the second one of his in a couple of days I haven't been able to see. For those that can see it, what is it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even with Manu gone where exactly are the minutes for Walker?

I see all six of these guards playing in front of him. And realistically even one of these six won't see many minutes.

Murray
    Mills
    Forbes
    DeRozan
    White
    Belinelli

Barring injury Walker may not see 41 games if we believe Popovoch to favor his vets.
    I'm not complaining it's good to be so deep but Walker's potential can be very high.
    Well the general makeup of the team, I would assume DD is playing SF the vast majority. I see Walker as 4th in PG behind Murray, Mills, and White. And 5th in SG rotation behind Mills, Beli, Forbes, and White. It's not all dim as Mills and White will split both guard positions. For example, losing Murray for a game would mean Mills and White are splitting the 48 mins, leaving Beli and Forbes to play the SG. By that alone, should grant Walker minutes.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This is the second one of his in a couple of days I haven't been able to see. For those that can see it, what is it?
    Deleted tweet from Murray.

One Bad Ass MoFo SouthTexasRancher's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to get it on!

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    What the is an Exhibit 10 contract, and can I get one?
    https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/9/28/...-an-exhibit-10

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deleted tweet from Murray.
    Thanks. Any idea what the tweet was about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. Any idea what the tweet was about?
    It was the pic of TD wearing #93 in practice setting a pick for Murray on Forbes and Murray asking in the tweet whether or not TD should suit up for another season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was the pic of TD wearing #93 in practice setting a pick for Murray on Forbes and Murray asking in the tweet whether or not TD should suit up for another season.
    Thanks. I would have liked to have seen that. I wonder if TD has been showing these young guys up a little bit in practice even at his current age?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thankfully we might actually get to talk basketball again soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. I would have liked to have seen that. I wonder if TD has been showing these young guys up a little bit in practice even at his current age?

Last picture here

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. TD still looks like he is in good shape. I wonder how his knees are feeling now that he's had a couple of years away from Basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. TD still looks like he is in good shape. I wonder how his knees are feeling now that he's had a couple of years away from Basketball.
    They probably feel fine, now that they’re not taking a daily beating. The condition, however, is degenerative, and would flare with increased usage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already got tickets for the first preseason game
    You should post some Game Grades or something, since its likely the first game won't be televised and/or will be hard to watch!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense to take a look at White, but he's like a younger, more athletic Cunningham: A big wing/PF more so than a SF.

Pondexter probably doesn't have the lateral quicks to hang anymore; Huestis is unplayable offensively and Blossomgame probably is too.

Even with Manu gone where exactly are the minutes for Walker?

I see all six of these guards playing in front of him. And realistically even one of these six won't see many minutes.

Murray
    Mills
    Forbes
    DeRozan
    White
    Belinelli

Barring injury Walker may not see 41 games if we believe Popovoch to favor his vets.
    I'm not complaining it's good to be so deep but Walker's potential can be very high.
    Those 6 aren't playing all 82 games and there's numerous, recent examples of fringe and non rotation players playing well over 1,000 minutes in a season on this team.

Considering Walker is probably their best prospect in 7 years, this is probably their worst team in a long time, their biggest need is a 3 and D wing and he's probably the closest thing they have to one, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up playing a lot more than it may appear on the surface.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have no idea what’s going on with the 2 way deals anymore. Is it possible they are up for grabs among several guy still or no? There’s been 3 guys reported to have the 2 way deals (or some bad reporting).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs signed three second-rounders this year and entertained signing a fourth. Easily a first at least in recent history for the club.
    I think they need bodies abd aren’t getting old ringchasers anymore... nor should they at this point.

Question, curious who is the 4th?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD definitely in the house at 42. Legends are few and far between like Tim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have no idea what’s going on with the 2 way deals anymore. Is it possible they are up for grabs among several guy still or no? There’s been 3 guys reported to have the 2 way deals (or some bad reporting).
    As I’ve seen it, there is 1 two way deal signed, and a couple of exhibit 10deals, which CAN become two way contracts, but don’t have to. Since there is one two way signed, there are only two possibilities among the exhibit 10deals: either zero or one of them will convert. They can’t convert more, and they aren’t required to add a second one, although they probably will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense to take a look at White, but he's like a younger, more athletic Cunningham: A big wing/PF more so than a SF.

Pondexter probably doesn't have the lateral quicks to hang anymore; Huestis is unplayable offensively and Blossomgame probably is too.

Those 6 aren't playing all 82 games and there's numerous, recent examples of fringe and non rotation players playing well over 1,000 minutes in a season on this team.

Considering Walker is probably their best prospect in 7 years, this is probably their worst team in a long time, their biggest need is a 3 and D wing and he's probably the closest thing they have to one, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up playing a lot more than it may appear on the surface.
    I dont think they want him interrupting his progress with 3 and D concepts. Rookies play less for a reason. He has to learn the playbook first. He will play in the D league. Cunningham, Gay, DeRozan, and others will play the 3 while Murray, White, Mills, and Belli fill out the 1 and 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I’ve seen it, there is 1 two way deal signed, and a couple of exhibit 10deals, which CAN become two way contracts, but don’t have to. Since there is one two way signed, there are only two possibilities among the exhibit 10deals: either zero or one of them will convert. They can’t convert more, and they aren’t required to add a second one, although they probably will.
    Thanks that answers the question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am excited about the upcoming season. If we learned anything from the last few years is that the healthiest team wins the West. And we have some durable players in our roster this year, like DeMar and Marco, and we lost players that missed one out every 4 games they played. Also, we have a team that is more athletic and can make the three. So, if healthy. I like our chances of making the second round of the playoffs. And if one of Bertans, DJ, and Lonnie plays like a bordeline all-star we will be contenders. Again, if health is on our side.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am excited about the upcoming season. If we learned anything from the last few years is that the healthiest team wins the West. And we have some durable players in our roster this year, like DeMar and Marco, and we lost players that missed one out every 4 games they played. Also, we have a team that is more athletic and can make the three. So, if healthy. I like our chances of making the second round of the playoffs. And if one of Bertans, DJ, and Lonnie plays like a bordeline all-star we will be contenders. Again, if health is on our side.
    Good point. Spurs have a bias for players that are durable.

The #15 slot is up for grabs for a SF, those in the running and ranked by most likey:

Heustis - Elite 6'7" defender, NBA experience, a poor man's Kawhi Leonard with good wingspan. Can't shoot. Stanford graduate.
    Pondexter - Capable 6'6" all around player 3 years ago, injury plagued, jury still out if recovered to full form. Lots of NBA experience. Standout citizen.
    Blossomgame - Bulky 6'7" player but with short arms. Improved shooting from 3 point range. No NBA experience.
    Okaro White - Extremely thin 6'8" player, can shoot but with questionable form. Doesn't appear to have great vertical. Played lots of years in Europe. Some NBA experience.

The 15th man is that guy who is used only in emergencies and is a positive influence while warming the bench. My bet is on Heustis making that spot.

Thread Information