Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second game today and he looked sharp attacking the paint.

7 Assist and 8 pts in just 12 minutes.

Looks like a high tier 20-22min rotation player.

If he was going to get 20 mins per game anyway, he would have been a better backup than mills.

Really run the floor well and got guys involved with smart passess.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm happy for Parker's relative success, but this move-- signing a 36 year old PG clearly in decline, for 2 years-- kinda shows why the Hornets are an average franchise and why the Spurs (by not signing him) are a successful franchise. The Spurs have lost Duncan, Leonard, Ginobili, and Parker in the last two years and are STILL better than Charlotte. That's saying a lot.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 10-03-2018 at 12:33 AM.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bold OP, tbh...

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I'm happy for Parker's relative success, but this move-- signing a 36 year old PG clearly in decline, for 2 years-- kinda shows why the Hornets are an average franchise and why the Spurs (by not signing him) are a successful franchise. The Spurs have lost Duncan, Leonard, Ginobili, and Parker in the last two years and are STILL better than Charlotte. That's saying a lot.
    Yeah, signing Parker to be the 10th man off the bench is why Charlotte is an average franchise. You nailed it. Anyways, It's not like they're paying him 50M over the next 4 year to be an elite towel waiver.

And after you get a load of Forbes, midway through the season, you'll be begging for Parker.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 10-03-2018 at 01:17 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, signing Parker to be the 10th man off the bench is why Charlotte is an average franchise. You nailed it. Anyways, It's not like they're paying him 50M over the next 4 year to be an elite towel waiver.
    Cute use of an emoji.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And after you get a load of Forbes, midway through the season, you'll be begging for Parker.
    Jesus Christ.....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All silliness aside,Parker at this point is still a better PG/scorer than Mills will be at ANY point.Mills contract is truly befuddling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i hope he has a good season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All silliness aside,Parker at this point is still a better PG/scorer than Mills will be at ANY point.Mills contract is truly befuddling
    Simply not true. Mills is a much better 3pt shooter, had an overall better eFG% and TS%, a better OBPM, higher OWS, and a higher ORtg. It wasn't really close.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...02&idx=players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong forum, tbh. Mods, can we move this to HornetsTalk or NBA forum please...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simply not true. Mills is a much better 3pt shooter, had an overall better eFG% and TS%, a better OBPM, higher OWS, and a higher ORtg. It wasn't really close.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...02&idx=players
    Cherry picking stats from Parker coming off a serious injury with hardly any playing time....umm yeah suuuurrreee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because 12 min defines players. Plenty of clutch 3's Mills hit last years within 12 min. Good for Parker but it was obviously time to move on.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When will he sleep MJs wife ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many salty illegals in here

Cant sleep at night knowing their idol will never have superior stats or more individual accomplishments than MVParker...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given that White is the best and maybe only PG on the roster, we'll miss Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When will he sleep MJs wife ?
    When will MJ sleep with MJ's wife?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given that White is the best and maybe only PG on the roster, we'll miss Parker.
    This. His experience will be missed. Even last year when he was a s of his old self, you could still see the offense stabilize and run much smoother with him at the point. I hate seeing his decline, but even TP at 20% is a better facilitator and offensive quarterback than our current group.

This season's success rests on guys like White and Murray being able to mature into that role and fill that void.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. His experience will be missed. Even last year when he was a s of his old self, you could still see the offense stabilize and run much smoother with him at the point. I hate seeing his decline, but even TP at 20% is a better facilitator and offensive quarterback than our current group.

This season's success rests on guys like White and Murray being able to mature into that role and fill that void.
    I look at it this way: the Spurs were not winning a championship with or without Parker, so why not let Murray & White get more minutes to see how much they can grow? I'm a big Parker fan, but at a certain point you just have to admit that a 36 year old PG with a few years of declining efficiency already is not a wise investment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, now that I think about, he was coming back for a major injury last season and that may have affected his performance throughout the season. This season, with a full off-season and training camp under his belt, who knows, maybe he'll have a great season.
    Last edited by Ice009; 10-03-2018 at 11:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to TP, Spurs offered him same amount of money so they were willing to re-sign him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to TP, Spurs offered him same amount of money so they were willing to re-sign him.

True-- Parker said that in an interview, and said the Spurs specified that they wanted him in a role as a mentor to the younger PGS. Parker declined because he still wanted more playing time, which I totally understand... but I still think the Spurs are making the right decision.

Thread Information