Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Decided to go out for a birthday last night and steak sounded good. Closest place was Saltgrass. I've probably been to a Saltgrass maybe twice before and I thought I remembered it being pretty good.

So three of us went last night and everyone's steak was undercooked by at least one level.

I the 12 oz Strip. The steak came in two separate pieces with the narrow end pushed up against the main piece. And that narrow part was 100% fat and gristle. All the food tasted just OK.

For dessert, I had the brownie thing which is a chocolate chip cookie cooked in a skillet with a brownie and ice cream on top. The cookie and brownie were so cold that the ice cream wasn't even melting. The cookie part was so under cooked that it was still in mix form. Like just a bunch of sawdust.

I don't expect anything like you'd get from a top steakhouse but for what they charge, I'd at least like to get something better than Golden Corral.

0/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Saltgrass is okay if I'm going to order a burger, shrimp, salad, some kind of chicken dish, etc. But I have a real hard time paying what they charge for a steak when I can get equal or better quality from cheaper restaurants or my own grill.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    I’m at the point that unless it’s a high end steak place (Fleming’s, Morton’s, etc) I won’t eat it. I can make steaks at home that taste infinitely better than salt grass or outback or any of those other chains.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Saltgrass is okay if I'm going to order a burger, shrimp, salad, some kind of chicken dish, etc. But I have a real hard time paying what they charge for a steak when I can get equal or better quality from cheaper restaurants or my own grill.
    My bad....you basically said the same thing as I did....sorry about that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    order your steaks from allen bros. and make sure to get a box of the 8 oz burgers.

very expensive, but worth it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I knew salt grass had been going downhill but damn. I'd get the manager involved on that

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Wingstop 7/10

Ordered the lemon pepper wings all flats to be cooked well done/extra crispy.

Also had some fries with cayenne and cheese. Really good.

I hate their bathroom brown paper towel roll napkin system. Buy some perforated paper towels you cheap s.

Name
    Frank Dux
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If I'm gonna go to a place like Salt Grass or Outback or any of those places, I'm gonna go order prime rib, for a few reasons. 1) It's delicious. 2) It is expensive as to make one at home. 3) They are really easy to make so even the tiest cook should be able to serve one up that tastes good.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Wingstop 7/10

Ordered the lemon pepper wings all flats to be cooked well done/extra crispy.

Also had some fries with cayenne and cheese. Really good.

I hate their bathroom brown paper towel roll napkin system. Buy some perforated paper towels you cheap s.
    Ewww I don't like these paper towels they're too rough for me

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    It's not the roughness of the towels. It's the annoyance of the tearing

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The wife and I recently went to walkons. I cook my own steaks at home. Got a freezer full of 2” thick strips and ribeyes. But we wanted a break from cooking and a good top shelf margarita. Of course I couldn’t help my self and ordered the Cajun ribeye. I’ll be damned if they cooked it perfectly medium. It was so tender and a good 12 ounces. The baked potato and green beans were delicious as well. My wife was satisfied with the chicken she ordered. The margarita was damn good too! I liked the atmosphere and all the TVs. 10/10 will go back!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I like WalkOns too. Some of the best fried pickles around.

Haven't tried the steak yet.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Farmer Boys. A level or two above Whataburger for anyone ever out in California or whatever other states they're in.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Walk Ons is pretty good.. I even liked their fried oysters and I hate oysters

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You people eat some ing bull

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jay and Diane's Horseshoe Grill in Canyon Lake. Very good burgers and sides, and a great amount of food for what you pay.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Piranha Sushi (Austin)....6 out of 10.

Better than HEB sushi by a mile but certainly nothing special. Also, their squid was super fishy smelling and tasting....didn’t take more than a bite.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Crafthouse Kitchen and Tap in San Marcos. Had the Smoked Brisket Grilled Cheese. It was above average from a bar food/bistro standpoint. Fries were really good...better than I've had at most places such as this. Washed it down with a Karbach Hop Delusion, which is always excellent on tap. Good atmosphere, diverse menu and tap selection. I'll be back for sure.

8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Los Palapas on Friday. Waiting on the kids to finish an event. Ordered Tortilla soup......it was lukewarm and just aaaaaaight. I make better at the crib. Sopaipillas for desert. Damned delicious. They salvaged the meal, 7/10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Los Palapas on Friday. Waiting on the kids to finish an event. Ordered Tortilla soup......it was lukewarm and just aaaaaaight. I make better at the crib. Sopaipillas for desert. Damned delicious. They salvaged the meal, 7/10.
    Chachos >

Too bad they hire exclusively ex-cons

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Golden State Warriors
    I even can't remember the name of that hole... It's situated on the road between Houston and San Antonio. The most horrible burgers ever, but the booze is cheap. The only thing that made me insane is those roaches in the restroom... They were just huge! I don't think I would order something there if I saw those ugly creatures earlier... Just disgusting...

Thread Information