Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if that's true, the best teams are lot of players with this biotype, or they're offensive studs like Curry, cp3, Harden, Westbrook, etc ... I really do not see a scenario where Forbes can be a positive on the court (though cheering for him)
    I will have to disagree about guarding CP3, I think Apocalypse did a very good job in pre-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, i've been driving the "Forbes is trash" tour bus, but think that he can at least be passible as a starter playing spot minutes. He isn't a good defender, really can't and doesn't pass- with those flaws known, he can knock down 3's and play off of Aldridge and DDR drawing attention, that's something the Spurs need in the SL.

If Pop does start Forbes then it sounds like he is trying to balance out the SL and bench units. A bench unit of Mills, Beli, Gay*, Bertans, Gasol** is a very good bench all things considered- plenty of shooting, good cutters, passers and a one on one scorer.

*-I expect Gay to start but also play with the bench.
    **-Pop may start Poeltl in a Blair role, Gasol's skillset is better suited off the bench anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How strange is it, we called for this guy to be dropped. We were not impressed when he got a 2 year deal. Now he is a starter due to all these injuries. Imagine if we didn't resign him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the last game against the Magic the commentators for the magic said Apocalypse is shooting 27% this preseason, not from 3, but the entire field. I wanna be hopeful but Apocalypse isn’t giving me much reason to

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In the last game against the Magic the commentators for the magic said Apocalypse is shooting 27% this preseason, not from 3, but the entire field. I wanna be hopeful but Apocalypse isn’t giving me much reason to
    He raised it to 43% for the preseason while they spoke.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to show up in games cause he played like last year on offense and defense. For the Love of God don't be hanging your head after you miss a shot or blow a defensive assignment just get back to work and keep trying.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for as much as weird it can be, I have to admit that Forbes has been till now (pre season), together with Gay level of playing, the best surprise in preseason...(not we have something else to be glad of).
    He's still a bad defensive player, but his strenght (he improved his body in the summer) mekes him a more difficult player to guard...so, at least on offense, he looks like he can be a lot better. and for sure he's supposed to be the best shooter compared to Murray, White and (potentially) even Mills...
    that said, it has to be seen if he can play the point.
    He will, at least onn defense...and that's scary.
    On offense, he will share the ball with DDR...and that's scary only about the play-making/passing part, because otherwise his outside shooting is obviously the best quality near DDR...
    the reason for hoping is that the aformentioned added strenght could give him the chance (a la Donovan Mitc , to give an example) to be an offensive manace also going to the basket...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to show up in games cause he played like last year on offense and defense. For the Love of God don't be hanging your head after you miss a shot or blow a defensive assignment just get back to work and keep trying.
    He does have terrible body language tbh. Its like he gets down on himself when he misses shots. His role is a high volume 3pt shooter, by definition, he's going to miss more than he makes but he needs to have a Gary Neal level of irrational confidence instead of shaking his head every time he messes up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is funny that the one player I wanted to see moved is suddenly our starting PG. The irony! Now if he suddenly kicks ass, that will truly be the ironic part.

Next to DD we’ll be fine offensively...it’s that defense that’s going to be a huge challenge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perspective . I think Forbes offer more defensive potential th@n. Mills or Parker of yore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perspective . I think Forbes offer more defensive potential th@n. Mills or Parker of yore.
    Yep. Because DD is a good playmaker nobody thought Forbes would be playing pg. He is about the avg pg size. He is probably our best pg defender left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes will keep the defenses honest, so they can't pack it in around LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes will keep the defenses honest, so they can't pack it in around LMA.
    Forbes is a scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is a scrub.
    But so is mills, who.started many games over the years. And if it wasn't mills it was tosb Parker. Murray and white were both prospects with high upside. Forbes has less upside than either, but more than mills and parker. So while he's the worse option we have, he's no worse than last year or the year before. Pop will never have a true pg because he can't stand someone else calling plays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But so is mills, who.started many games over the years. And if it wasn't mills it was tosb Parker. Murray and white were both prospects with high upside. Forbes has less upside than either, but more than mills and parker. So while he's the worse option we have, he's no worse than last year or the year before. Pop will never have a true pg because he can't stand someone else calling plays.
    What if mills and forbes morph together to become a supwr scrub pg? Good idea huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if mills and forbes morph together to become a supwr scrub pg? Good idea huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Journalist : 'So Bryn, now you're probably gonna start... How do you feel about it ?'

Bryn : 'Well, I'm ready to take the chal...'

Fatty : 'Hey scrub, they call u Apocalypse on ST, lulz...'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the f*ck isn't White starting? Forbes is ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is injured with a tear in the plantar fascia of his foot. He's going to be out a few weeks. So the scrub is the starting PG, God help us!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is injured. Have you not been paying attention to the team now that Kawhi is gone?

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Journalist : 'So Bryn, now you're probably gonna start... How do you feel about it ?'

Bryn : 'Well, I'm ready to take the chal...'

Fatty : 'Hey scrub, they call u Apocalypse on ST, lulz...'
    ROFL

Thread Information