Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad he can't even make plays for himself when it matters most....
    You have to stop this , bro.

DeMar already made plays "when it matters most" last game.

If you talk about playoffs, we have a whole season before.
    Anyway, I've posted that DD will have the best years of his career this year in the season AND postseason because I truly believe it. Raptors is a frenetic team and DeMar fits a lot better into an "old school" team like the Spurs.

You can wish the best for Kawhi in Toronto and still root for DeMar as Spur.

I never liked LMA's -I loved how Tiago killed him in playoffs- or Rudy's empty stats but last year I was rooting for both guys as crazy.

Seriously, just relax and enjoy this new season.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 10-18-2018 at 07:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. But he also thought this was gonna be HIS team then Kawhi was fantastic finished as MVP top 2/3 candiddate that year and the next.

That's why LMA asked Pop to play more minutes, to get more touches, it wasnt just not being compatible together, there was some of LMA ego there. He never handled well that younger, more talented guys stole the show
    I think he was fine until he felt he got completely scapegoated after the GS series when Kawhi went down. His stock went down and he would've lost tens of millions on his next contract. That's not what he signed up for. Pop even admitted he tried to change him which was a mistake in a way. You can improve him but you can't change him.

He is easily one of my favorite players and should go down as a Spurs legend if he ends up winning a le or consistently going to WCFs. He is a complete top 10 player now. When hes mor scoring he rebounds and defends at a high level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he was fine until he felt he got completely scapegoated after the GS series when Kawhi went down. His stock went down and he would've lost tens of millions on his next contract. That's not what he signed up for. Pop even admitted he tried to change him which was a mistake in a way. You can improve him but you can't change him.

He is easily one of my favorite players and should go down as a Spurs legend if he ends up winning a le or consistently going to WCFs. He is a complete top 10 player now. When hes mor scoring he rebounds and defends at a high level.
    I have to admit LMA never was exactly one of my favorite players but I guess it's more a thing about style of game and positions. NBA has become a perimeter-oriented league for a reason and I enjoy more to watch perimeter players or bigs with 3-point range than LMA.

Just a thing of styles. But I still root for LMA since his Day 1 as Spur.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks decent as a combo, but they badly need gay healthy. With Gay healthy they can limit forbes and mills by playing derozan more guard minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. But he also thought this was gonna be HIS team then Kawhi was fantastic finished as MVP top 2/3 candiddate that year and the next.

That's why LMA asked Pop to play more minutes, to get more touches, it wasnt just not being compatible together, there was some of LMA ego there. He never handled well that younger, more talented guys stole the show
    I don't think LMA really cared about the MVP stuff but more so was angry he couldn't be a 20 point scorer with Kawhi. Just being real their games didn't compliment each other and LMA suffered the most from that with reduced touches and lowered scoring which resulted in LMA not going to the all-star game. LMA had jealousy issues with Lillard but I don't think that was the case with Kawhi. it got to the point where LMA wanted to rejoin Lillard since his stats didn't suffer when he played with Lillard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only saw the highlights and didnt see the combo much. Hope it becomes more obvious as the season progresses. My only concern is that Derozan has no reliable 3pt shot and defenders can quickly recover to where Derozan is whenever Aldridge is double teamed in the post
    That's why we get Beli, Patty and Bryn there. When LMA gets double, instead of DD trying to attack the rim because he doesn't have range, he will pass to the open guy at the 3-point line. A perfect play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to stop this , bro.

DeMar already made plays "when it matters most" last game.

If you talk about playoffs, we have a whole season before.
    Anyway, I've posted that DD will have the best years of his career this year in the season AND postseason because I truly believe it. Raptors is a frenetic team and DeMar fits a lot better into an "old school" team like the Spurs.

You can wish the best for Kawhi in Toronto and still root for DeMar as Spur.

I never liked LMA's -I loved how Tiago killed him in playoffs- or Rudy's empty stats but last year I was rooting for both guys as crazy.

Seriously, just relax and enjoy this new season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think LMA really cared about the MVP stuff but more so was angry he couldn't be a 20 point scorer with Kawhi. Just being real their games didn't compliment each other and LMA suffered the most from that with reduced touches and lowered scoring which resulted in LMA not going to the all-star game. LMA had jealousy issues with Lillard but I don't think that was the case with Kawhi. it got to the point where LMA wanted to rejoin Lillard since his stats didn't suffer when he played with Lillard.
    Again, I agree on their games weren't compatibles.

Both players gets their mid-range shots at the same spots on court, but also it was Pop's system that didn't allow him to be a 20-pts guy. There weren't enough pace/possessions to give both guys 18 FGAs per game.

Fortunately, Pop has changed this season. It's pretty clear -w/o White and Murray to share the ball- that he will let LMA/DD to have as many touches as they want...We saw it in preseason and yesterday.

About to rejoin Lillard, LMA felt all the pressure to perform in playoffs on an elite team, a pressure and criticism that he never got in Portland. I guess, he wanted to return to a safe place, to his comfort zone

One Bad Ass MoFo SouthTexasRancher's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps the underrated aspect of the acquisition... Is the seemingly great chemistry DeMar and LaMarcus are showing on-court in game 1. Their games mesh very well...
    They looked like they had been playing together for several seasons. Anyone who had a fear about both being on the floor together should feel better after last night. Rudy Gay also played well with all 3 on the court at the same time. Last night was a good game 1 for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching Kawhi “Lamarcus combo was like watching a couple of invalids try to plug in a fridge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar & LMA already have more chemistry than Kawhi & LMA ever had.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    If you look closely at LMA's career you wouldn't say he's a beta. Demar either. Both might not be top 5 talent but they have alpha/beta qualites which is the best to have. Big 3 showed those same traits.
    You mean his postseason shrinkage career?

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    If you look closely at LMA's career you wouldn't say he's a beta. Demar either. Both might not be top 5 talent but they have alpha/beta qualites which is the best to have. Big 3 showed those same traits.
    quite insulting to compare all-time great legends like tim duncan to mental midgets like aldridge and derozan. there's a reason those two have a reputation for shrinking in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    quite insulting to compare all-time great legends like tim duncan to mental midgets like aldridge and derozan. there's a reason those two have a reputation for shrinking in the playoffs.
    LMA had done relatively good considering the talent against him and his supporting cast. I've seen him throw up multiple 40 pt games in playoffs. The fact he has lead his teams to good positions in the stacked West as the bonafide leader of his team is good enough for me to not call him a beta. Give him 2 of the big 3 from pre 2014 he probably wins a championship as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only LMA but the rest of the team, the way Demar facilitates. I’m liking him play combo guard. What this team needs is an excellent 3nD and hopefully Walker can fill that role quick. Murray’s defense and rebounding is great but he can’t space up Demar and LMA, not yet. Even White fits better on paper with the first team. I love Murray’s potential but that’s it, potential. It makes me wonder if Spurs should package him to land a Davis or a Greek Freak... hmm 🤔

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only LMA but the rest of the team, the way Demar facilitates. I’m liking him play combo guard. What this team needs is an excellent 3nD and hopefully Walker can fill that role quick. Murray’s defense and rebounding is great but he can’t space up Demar and LMA, not yet. Even White fits better on paper with the first team. I love Murray’s potential but that’s it, potential. It makes me wonder if Spurs should package him to land a Davis or a Greek Freak... hmm 🤔

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him and a first-round pick of course

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him and a first-round pick of course
    now it makes sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now it makes sense
    (We use blue for sarcasm here, btb. I know RGM uses that for their mod judgements, but Kori and timvp don't really give warnings and use regular text when they do.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Produced a win today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's being rated fairly, considering how much people underrate those guys separately. DeRozan/Gasol is the most underrated aspect in my opinion. If there's a way to rejuvenate Gasol offensively, it's going to come from him playing with DeMar.
    THIS! I couldn't agree more. Gasol is playing really well for us this year. And so is Rudy Gay. Am so happy to see those two playing well. LaMarcus has missed quite a few open shots, that's shots he usually makes or he made last year. But you see, this is not a contract year for him is still not in Basket Ball shape. Which is why Pop plays him heavy minutes. OK, he plays defense, I will give you that he competes, but it would be nice if he was in shape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would be the PROS and CONS offensively speaking?

DeMar is a master ballhandler with a plethora of moves inside, LMA one of the remaining bigs with a post up play alongside his mid-range game.

I see it as the breadwinner of this teams offense come playoff time. ( Their two man game. PNR or PNP )

What would you do as an opposing team?

DeMar doesn't have a decent 3PT shot, so this kinda crams the space in which both he and LMA can operate...
    What else...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would be the PROS and CONS offensively speaking?

DeMar is a master ballhandler with a plethora of moves inside, LMA one of the remaining bigs with a post up play alongside his mid-range game.

I see it as the breadwinner of this teams offense come playoff time. ( Their two man game. PNR or PNP )

What would you do as an opposing team?

DeMar doesn't have a decent 3PT shot, so this kinda crams the space in which both he and LMA can operate...
    What else...
    Demar and Aldridge pick and pop game opens up our shooters. Gay, Forbes, Mills, White, and Davis just gotta make their shots.

Thread Information