Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly what is up with this body language from him every time Teague gets past him or gets fouled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pathetic. This guy won't win you games.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he knows that he doesn’t possess the skills or strength to play defense against a decent PG so he has no other reaction than to clap his hands and rack up fouls. This dude is gonna foul out most nights, and its not like he hits shots when it matters during real games anyway that would make his presence on the floor some what worth while. I know the Spurs are treating this as a sink or swim situation but if this PG isn’t figured out by Christmas time they are really gonna have a hard time making it into the playoffs this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks frustrated , there were some bogus calls against him too. He wasn't even that bad on Teague, he contested most of those, and some the rotations were slow in the paint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is Forbes contract year, he is gaining or losing millions based on whether he can improve on defense and hit shots. I don't know, I'm sure pop can see whatever we see and that shouldn't be an issue. Hard to imagine bigger stakes for him. Will see how it goes when he gets the impossible assignments like Curry and Westbrook.
    Last edited by K...; 10-19-2018 at 03:26 PM.

I make love to pressure. CapitalEmm's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s always been this way, he gets all pouty when something doesn’t go his way.

He’s mentally soft and has a loser mentality.
    Last edited by CapitalEmm; 10-19-2018 at 03:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    : as long as he makes his shots during practice then he can do whatever he wants during actual games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks frustrated , there were some bogus calls against him too. He wasn't even that bad on Teague, he contested most of those, and some the rotations were slow in the paint.
    He's like this every game, though. He pouts when he blows an assignment, or misses shots, or gets bad calls.

I understand that that he is trying his best and is showing genuine frustration, but opponents feed off of that.

It's like guys in pickup ball who constantly berate themselves and have no confidence. People don't want to play with guys like that, they want to play against them.
    Last edited by Dex; 10-19-2018 at 03:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't seem like there's any even attempt by PATFO to consider anyone else off the waiver wire. I mean seriously, any available PG out there should automatically be better than Forbes. He is THAT atrocious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is very hard on himself. Reminds me of the guy playing tennis who yells at himself when he hits a ball long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is Forbes contract year, he is gaining or losing millions based on whether he can improve on defense and hit shots. I don't know, I'm sure pop can see whatever we see and that shouldn't be an issue. Hard to imagine bigger stakes for him. Will see how it goes when he gets the impossible assignments like Curry and Westbrook.
    I think he got a 2 year deal iirc. I don't know if both years are guaranteed though.
    ----------------------------------
    FWIW I thought Patty was even worse than Forbes on his so called defense, but Bryn was deflated every time. I guess it's going to be part of the experience of watching him play. Same as some guys yell or make gestures after dunks or 3s or what not. But in Bryn's case is the frustration body language.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP never complained but about fathead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s always been this way, he gets all pouty when something doesn’t go his way.

He’s mentally soft and has a loser mentality.
    Pretty much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is hard on himself that's for sure. Can be both good and bad depending on how fast he processes and compartmentalizes those emotions. On the plus side though it shows he knows he can do better!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is a mental midget & he's a midget on the court in today's league as well. All we can hope is he hits his open 3's, cuz he ain't good for anything else. It was funny listening to the TWolves broadcast saying that he is a good defender. Lmao. Generally speaking Spur founded players are so overrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is very emotional when he plays. He was very loud during his summer-league run, good or bad. Bryn wears his heart on his sleeve, which isn't normal for Spurs, but I think it's a reason why Pop seems to love him. He plays hard and practices hard. You want guys like that on the team. Too bad he just doesn't have the physical attributes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP never complained but about fathead.
    No right...
    now this lez cares about 1 on 1 defense.. LoL

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You guys have lost your minds over Bryn Forbes.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes actually tied for the 2nd best DBPM with Aldridge last game with a 2.2....

Should tell you all about "advanced" stats and how much they overrate scrubs like Forbes and Fathead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, tbh, I don't mind Forbes getting mad when he makes a mistake on defense. As the great Avery Johnson once said, it's easier to tame a lion than to hype up a pussycat.

I only mind when Forbes hangs his head after missing a shot and doesn't get back on defense. Or when he gets mad at missing a free throw and then passes up the next open jumper. To his credit, I didn't see that in the first game of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes actually tied for the 2nd best DBPM with Aldridge last game with a 2.2....

Should tell you all about "advanced" stats and how much they overrate scrubs like Forbes and Fathead.
    Those "advanced" stats also made The King of Scrubs Bonner look like he was Wilt Chamberlain tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb thread is dumb.

Worry about something much? Do you need tospeak to your doctor about ulcerative colitis, SAG?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, tbh, I don't mind Forbes getting mad when he makes a mistake on defense. As the great Avery Johnson once said, it's easier to tame a lion than to hype up a pussycat.

I only mind when Forbes hangs his head after missing a shot and doesn't get back on defense. Or when he gets mad at missing a free throw and then passes up the next open jumper. To his credit, I didn't see that in the first game of the season.
    lol I could imagine Avery in his Cajun accent saying that. And yes I agree, those reactions are pretty normal for someone who expects a lot out of themself. Better than some reaction than a Harden/Melo-esque who gives a reaction.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those "advanced" stats also made The King of Scrubs Bonner look like he was Wilt Chamberlain tbh.
    Kyle Anderson and Matt Bonner both owe the $30M+ they've made to the virgin neckbeards that are behind those stats tbh. Grizzlies fans already hate vending machine head about as much as they hate Parsons ....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since it has become an issue I think we all look for that. Surprisingly, in the first game I think he did a better job of not hanging his head after mistakes. Got mad, clapped his hands, but didn't hang his head as much. 1/82. Lets see where this goes. His defense can improve, but he is a work in progress like most of the new guys.
    This all being said, Lillard is going to light him up on Saturday. I hope he keeps moving and makes his shots to keep the pressure on Lillard.

Thread Information