Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone who actually knows the game of basketball realizes how trash kahwi fg percentage is.. avg 27 on 24 shots ... but they say he is a top 3 player. He will get his stats but only because he is taking a crazy amount of shots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just hoping for that career ending injury.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One can only hope .

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    you realize derozan plays for the spurs right? the kobe disciple that's kinda infamous for his chucking. stones and glass houses and all that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The actual point is that he's not really playing that well and still averaging 27.5 ppg. He looks pretty rusty. If his leg/quad is healed, then he could totally start dominating the NBA once he gets into form/rhythm. He also needs to get his NBA conditioning up and his body used to playing NBA games again. So yeah, if his leg is alright, then it's probably just a matter of time before he starts dominating again.

That's pretty much my observation from these first two games. He hasn't looked great, but he's still scoring. If his leg is OK, and it's just rust, then darn, he could really have a dominant season once he get's going. The Raptors also have a lot of defensive potential. They could end up being a very, very good team overall. I think he's elevated the play of others around him. No, he's still not a play-maker, but by that I mean he seems to give the other guys on the team confidence from just his presence alone. Guys just seem to be playing better/more confident with him around. Ibaka seems to have turned back the clock to his OKC days (not sure if that will last, but he's looking good).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His leg and quad were never injured....he hijacked the Spurs and stole 20m

this guy to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you, he was worth his contract every year minus 1.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The actual point is that he's not really playing that well and still averaging 27.5 ppg. He looks pretty rusty. If his leg/quad is healed, then he could totally start dominating the NBA once he gets into form/rhythm. He also needs to get his NBA conditioning up and his body used to playing NBA games again. So yeah, if his leg is alright, then it's probably just a matter of time before he starts dominating again.

That's pretty much my observation from these first two games. He hasn't looked great, but he's still scoring. If his leg is OK, and it's just rust, then darn, he could really have a dominant season once he get's going. The Raptors also have a lot of defensive potential. They could end up being a very, very good team overall. I think he's elevated the play of others around him. No, he's still not a play-maker, but by that I mean he seems to give the other guys on the team confidence from just his presence alone. Guys just seem to be playing better/more confident with him around. Ibaka seems to have turned back the clock to his OKC days (not sure if that will last, but he's looking good).
    Didn't the Raps have the best record in the league last year? So I'm not about to argue that he made his team mates better.

Ibaka made a major difference in this game. What motivated Ibaka? Who knows. Green also played really well offensively, perhaps a contract year is motivational?

I agree that Leonard is still rusty. You can see how slow his legs moves.

What probably is motivating this team is that they see that they likely will make it to the finals. There's no LeBron in the east and they just beat the best team.

If Kawhi gets back to his old form and Ibaka is playing like this, then that's a guarantee to make it to the finals.

It is interesting though that in Kawhi's interview, he mentioned Lowry a ton of times. He's motivated for someone else to be the leader and perhaps that was his real problem with the Spurs. Leonard could never shoulder that leadership role. He doesn't have the emotional-IQ to motivate other players. , it's in fact weird that Danny Green was the guy who spoke to the crowd in opening day. Green, the player who never played a game as a Raptor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't the Raps have the best record in the league last year? So I'm not about to argue that he made his team mates better.

Ibaka made a major difference in this game. What motivated Ibaka? Who knows. Green also played really well offensively, perhaps a contract year is motivational?

What probably is motivating this team is that they see that they likely will make it to the finals. There's no LeBron in the east and they just beat the best team.

If Kawhi gets back to his old form and Ibaka is playing like this, then that's a guarantee to make it to the finals.

It is interesting though that in Kawhi's interview, he mentioned Lowry a ton of times. He's motivated for someone else to be the leader and perhaps that was his real problem with the Spurs. Leonard could never shoulder that leadership role. He doesn't have the emotional-IQ to motivate other players. , it's in fact weird that Danny Green was the guy who spoke to the crowd in opening day. Green, the player who never played a game as a Raptor.
    maybe you're right about this, Kawhi is the second best player in the world, but he is still the quitter who stole the spurs

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a Raptor now. Can we please stop the new threads?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing great I am impressed. But once he gets a hangnail he may be out 6 months..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurfans still butthurt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone who actually knows the game of basketball realizes how trash kahwi fg percentage is.. avg 27 on 24 shots ... but they say he is a top 3 player. He will get his stats but only because he is taking a crazy amount of shots
    he couldn't buy a bucket in the first half.. then absolutely dominated boston without even trying hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ibaka is the easy bet for having a great season, given how well he fits with DG and KL. He's getting a ton of time on his open jumpers and defensively, it's not even worth speaking about..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This whole thing has turned some of you into sh!tty people.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His leg and quad were never injured....he hijacked the Spurs and stole 20m

this guy to
    100% accurate!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not another Kawhitter thread. He’s no longer a Spur

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should've paid him. He's looking damn good. Despite his FG%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nevermind the raps are resting kawhi, he's still hasn't recovered

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should've paid him. He's looking damn good. Despite his FG%.
    Wth are you talking about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.nba.com/article/2018/10/2...ght-vs-wizards

LOL he played ONE GAME and they have to give him a break. ing China doll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He and his uncle are grifters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you, he was worth his contract every year minus 1.
    And that year he ed his own team for no reason, so he could send back the dough.

Thread Information