Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off copurse the press wanted to bury him and say he is done....

I mean for the miniumum, He looks good now. Why not?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It's funny because the Spurs could actually use Rose in the lineup now. He looks really good so far and I think some of his playing in the past was due to lack of confidence, most of it was mental. I hope he stays strong all season and has a good season for Minny!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny because the Spurs could actually use Rose in the lineup now. He looks really good so far and I think some of his playing in the past was due to lack of confidence, most of it was mental. I hope he stays strong all season and has a good season for Minny!
    Showed up in the playoffs last year. Could have used him against GSW. I hope he was not turned down for some bs progressive reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yea. Looks dumb once you lose your 2 PGs in a span of a week.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, PATFO has been pretty dumb at acquiring free agents on the cheap.

They aren't willing to take talent over personality.

C'mon, look at these guys, Cunningham and Pondexter. These two both have lead feet and can't create a shot for themselves even if their lives depended on it.

Cunningham sucks big time. In offense he's not at the right spot. For example, he takes shots with his feet on the 3 point line. He can't defend anyone because he's too slow and can actually barely jump!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yea. Looks dumb once you lose your 2 PGs in a span of a week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, PATFO has been pretty dumb at acquiring free agents on the cheap.

They aren't willing to take talent over personality.
    What did Rose do that Diaw did not do? Doesn't Patty have/.had multiple gf's?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way the Spurs could have foreseen Murray, White, and Walker all going down, so this is revisionist history.

Still, he probably would've deserve a spot over Forbes, but you know....... Forbes earned his chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Rose dropped 50 against a good team.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    And Rose dropped 50 against a good team.
    As I said in another thread washed up players don't score 50 in an NBA game. Rose still has plenty left in the tank he may even be getting better. I think most of his decline is more mental a confidence thing. Hope he stays healthy he is playing great this season.

Spurs passed on him and it was a mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rose looked like another Iverson or Melo, a former star aging into being decrepit who didn't grasp how to play a role. We'll see if Rose keeps it up. Historically he's always been a bonehead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rose looked like another Iverson or Melo, a former star aging into being decrepit who didn't grasp how to play a role. We'll see if Rose keeps it up. Historically he's always been a bonehead.
    Historical bonehead?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs passing on him is only a mistake in hindsight because our PG rotation is decimated. Just because dude has one outburst doesn't mean he's back to form. Even Terrence Ross / Corey brewer had 50 pt games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs passing on him is only a mistake in hindsight because our PG rotation is decimated. Just because dude has one outburst doesn't mean he's back to form. Even Terrence Ross / Corey brewer had 50 pt games
    Yeah, but he was willing to play for the minimum that could had been offered for him.

Disagree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thing about Rose was he was always a spectacular athlete with terrific natural and one-on-one ability and good PG skills, but he never really understood how to play basketball beyond what he was immediately doing. This is characteristic of John Calipari recruits, by the way. Every once in a while, you'll get a John Wall who gets taught how to play the actual game itself or teaches himself. When Rose got hurt, it took away tons of his capabilities because he didn't really understand the NBA game much. Look at his stint in New York. He was terrible. He'd never survive on a team where he'd have to learn a system and understand it. Not bashing him on a personal level, just no basketball sense. If that's changed, then great. But I don't see why the Spurs would have ever looked his way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thing about Rose was he was always a spectacular athlete with terrific natural and one-on-one ability and good PG skills, but he never really understood how to play basketball beyond what he was immediately doing. This is characteristic of John Calipari recruits, by the way. Every once in a while, you'll get a John Wall who gets taught how to play the actual game itself or teaches himself. When Rose got hurt, it took away tons of his capabilities because he didn't really understand the NBA game much. Look at his stint in New York. He was terrible. He'd never survive on a team where he'd have to learn a system and understand it. Not bashing him on a personal level, just no basketball sense. If that's changed, then great. But I don't see why the Spurs would have ever looked his way.
    As an attempt it would had been worth to see what he got and if he could feast on opposing benches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As an attempt it would had been worth to see what he got and if he could feast on opposing benches.
    Like I said, by all appearances he looked like another Iverson or Melo. Either completely unwilling to come off the bench or just blowing up teams' chances. Rose absolutely sucked on the Knicks. He sucked on the ing Knicks so hard they didn't resign him. Why do you think the Spurs would have given him a chance?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said, by all appearances he looked like another Iverson or Melo. Either completely unwilling to come off the bench or just blowing up teams' chances. Rose absolutely sucked on the Knicks. He sucked on the ing Knicks so hard they didn't resign him. Why do you think the Spurs would have given him a chance?
    The man was not acting like Melo in in Minnesota.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Rose got in his only 50 point game for the rest of his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The man was not acting like Melo in in Minnesota.
    Are you re ed? Maybe something changed. In NYK he was so ty they didn't resign him. The Spurs weren't going to sign that guy. Rose has a thing with his buddy Thibs. That's it. Anywhere else he's probably the same player. He still may be the same ty player the Knicks didn't want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you re ed? Maybe something changed. In NYK he was so ty they didn't resign him. The Spurs weren't going to sign that guy. Rose has a thing with his buddy Thibs. That's it. Anywhere else he's probably the same player. He still may be the same ty player the Knicks didn't want.
    Would Minnesota fans say he got minutes he did not deserve from Thibs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rose needs the ball to effective. I'm sure he would be a good fit in limited minutes but I wouldn't give him the keys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO had an opportunity to get an ex-MVP (29 years old) for the minimum. They should have done the deal like they've done deals for washed up players like McGrady, Stoudamire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sample size.

Plus we were already stuck with untradeable Patty , all indications were Murray was the starting PG moving forward.

Thread Information