Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the mistake in losing Kawhi was how Pop treated LMA after his first year. Not that I think there is any personal issues with the two, but Pop always talked about "Kawhi being the new face of the franchise" and then after LMA complained after his initial season, Pop seemed to give in to LMA. My guess is that didn't sit well with Kawhi's group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ether and napalm from the heavens. Serious post of the year candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the ultra compe ors Pop had in the big 3 just led him to assume great players want to lead and be great. But Kawhi never wanted to lead or "be the face" of the franchise/Spurs. I don't think Pop and RC and gang tried hard enough to get to know Kawhi. Yeah he's a mute weirdo but I think he's shy and sensitive and who knows Pop couldve been rubbing him the wrong way for a long time and was not insightful enough to pick up on Kawhi's dissatisfaction. Also the lifer spurs may have alienated him. Short term guys like Rudy and LMA probably caught in the middle. Bottom line is the Spurs fell apart on Pop and RC's watch. Their job is to find and keep the best players possible. They messed up an incredible thing with Kawhi. No one gets everything right. They drafted fine, can't complain about that. But the contracts they gave out were plainly poor. They let have made bad personnel decisions, we can all list a dozen Spurs with significant liability/limitation who got extensive burn in last 5 to 8 years. Spurs lucked out with Tim. Anyone will tell you that. Spurs are out of luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple of things are legit gripes but most of it is dumb . Armchair GMs will love it though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014/2015: not coming into the season with a real mindset and purpose of going after the back to back, not using the off season trying to re shape or bring addition to team like they could and should... pop and co going throw the motions that summer and during all season, being so soft and naive about the game and about winning caused us what should have been another le, and also caused real bad momentum and setup, still for years after...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweet.

Let’s do these Breakdowns for all other teams not named the Warriors...

Hindsight 20/20 BS. Honestly surprised OP didn’t go back to 04’ or in the 6-7 year gap between 07-14’

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly think OP has never watched the Spurs before. I mean half of those mess ups aren't even mess ups. Duncan was injured so he didnt play that much. Patty was getting torched by Austin Rivers and shot horribly against the Clippers. So did Tony but it wasn't a mistake to not play patty more. I mean for goodness sake that's the year that Doc became a grandpa bc Austin is forever Patty's daddy. Jocic was 50 pounds overweight maybe even 70. I wouldn't have drafted him either. And our starting point guard is Dejounte who is injured and our back up point guard is Derrick white who is also injured. So yeah we are forced to play mills andForbes. Also we did go after chris Paul so idk what you're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest mistakes Pop made since championship
    Signed Pau Gasoft
    Resigned patty mills to a 4 year deal. I dnt care about the amount if cash, it's the amount of years that matter.
    Not adjust to the same ing play that the clippers ran on us the entire series!!!
    And not being Phil Jackson and getting fined 100k for the antics the refs got away with in game 1 of OKC so that game 5 antics never would have happened.
    Not shutting down Kawhi for the year bc his back stabbing group went and cried to the media that pop didnt have his best interest bc Kawhi just wasn't healthy and yet the spurs say he is. Shut him down for the year *and I know it was made who refused to let that happen) and we dont go through this mud slinging drama

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2014/2015: not coming into the season with a real mindset and purpose of going after the back to back, not using the off season trying to re shape or bring addition to team like they could and should... pop and co going throw the motions that summer and during all season, being so soft and naive about the game and about winning caused us what should have been another le, and also caused real bad momentum and setup, still for years after...
    this is another major Pop flaw. Running back the same group instead of trying to get better. Same can be said for last season when they came off a WCF loss vs. Dubs and thought they should run back the same group by adding Gay, Lauvergne, BP3 for Simmons, Lee, Dedmon instead of a roster overhaul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest mistakes Pop made since championship
    Signed Pau Gasoft
    Resigned patty mills to a 4 year deal. I dnt care about the amount if cash, it's the amount of years that matter.
    Not adjust to the same ing play that the clippers ran on us the entire series!!!
    And not being Phil Jackson and getting fined 100k for the antics the refs got away with in game 1 of OKC so that game 5 antics never would have happened.
    Not shutting down Kawhi for the year bc his back stabbing group went and cried to the media that pop didnt have his best interest bc Kawhi just wasn't healthy and yet the spurs say he is. Shut him down for the year *and I know it was made who refused to let that happen) and we dont go through this mud slinging drama
    It was Game 2 against OKC. Game 1 was a historic Spurs blow-out win. See, I watch the Spurs

and for the CP0 thing:

https://clutchpoints.com/chris-paul-...g-enough-push/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was Game 2 against OKC. Game 1 was a historic Spurs blow-out win. See, I watch the Spurs
    My mistake... But still the amount of wrong in your post is shocking. It devalues your premise which isn't a bad one per se.
    Another mistake was keeping Bobo after the championship. The dude had no drive left after that and his play suffered because of his lack of motivation. But then again Pop does need his drinking buddy which today is Patty Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wasn't the mistake, Bobo back then was a key component to beating the Warriors by posting up Harrison Barnes. I think the David West signing was the main reason for his loss of motivation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobo was big for us in 2012-14, but by 2015 he had the infamous wine picture and clearly wasn't working out in the off-season. He arrived fat and out of shape and we all were saying just wait until the playoffs and Bobo will show out bc he is our new Robert Horry. And he never did. He got dominated by the eskimo twins Blake and DJ and then him and David Worst got dominated by OKC the next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Above all though I just hate injuries. We were all set to be the 2 seed this year tbh. We finally had athleticism and length to go along with shooting. Everyone else besides the Warriors suck in the west and have major flaws. I think we were the one team (besides the warriors) that didn't.
    Houston has no defense. OKC still has chuckbrook. Jazz and Pelicans have no real offensive threat besides their #1 guy. Lakers have no defense and no shooting. Sota has in-house drama. Blazers peaked last year. I thought it was obvious we were going to the conference finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of these are hindsight complaints. Like lol you're going to bring up Jokic? Come on. Some legit points but most of this list is trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lot of good points tbh. Sure, I complain about it a bunch today but I excuse Pop/RC for a bunch of different reasons, mainly:

a) I said that I'd be content after 2014 and I am tbh, 20 years of dominance for a small market team is insane. I basically forgive Pop for not giving a anymore, don't blame him....
    b) Timmy pretty much carried the franchise and Pop/RC always got way too much credit for having the best franchies player of all time fall into their laps
    c) Kawhi ended up being the biggest got in sports history which you really can't put on RC/Pop....

My biggest issues were the thank you contracts given out to TP, Patty, and Pau and not blowing it up after it was clear Nephew was a huge got tbh. The rebuild being set back by 3-5 years because of the Derozan trade is pretty inexcusable tbh.....

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    its egregious that u left out one of the most horrible coaching/personnel decisions in spurs history..............playing dice over blair............& trying to turn a tenacious feared double double machine into a jump shooting dice clone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lot of good points tbh. Sure, I complain about it a bunch today but I excuse Pop/RC for a bunch of different reasons, mainly:

a) I said that I'd be content after 2014 and I am tbh, 20 years of dominance for a small market team is insane. I basically forgive Pop for not giving a anymore, don't blame him....
    b) Timmy pretty much carried the franchise and Pop/RC always got way too much credit for having the best franchies player of all time fall into their laps
    c) Kawhi ended up being the biggest got in sports history which you really can't put on RC/Pop....

My biggest issues were the thank you contracts given out to TP, Patty, and Pau and not blowing it up after it was clear Nephew was a huge got tbh. The rebuild being set back by 3-5 years because of the Derozan trade is pretty inexcusable tbh.....
    the TP deal was awful at the time but still didnt prevent us from landing aldridge for max. honestly if kawhi doesnt pull his we're likely WCF last year and nobody is really complaining...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its egregious that u left out one of the most horrible coaching/personnel decisions in spurs history..............playing dice over blair............& trying to turn a tenacious feared double double machine into a jump shooting dice clone
    man stfu already with this dejuan Blair . I used to think you were a troll but you legit have a man crush on that fat loser

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the TP deal was awful at the time but still didnt prevent us from landing aldridge for max. honestly if kawhi doesnt pull his we're likely WCF last year and nobody is really complaining...
    Yeah, again I'm not too broken up about the moves, I get it. The injuries to Dejounte and Lonnie really ed the team, can't do much about that (though I was a big proponent of packing Dejounte for another star to pair with Derozan/LMA but whatevs)...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it says since 2014 in the thread le. Otherwise I would've mentioned signing Richard Jefferson and letting Matt Bonner start.

And I know the drafting is basically a long shot since they always got low picks and did pretty well recently. I just thought to still bring it up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta admit tho, the Cunningham and Quincy signings were stupid AF, anybody with half a brain knew those were ing re ed. Not signing a PG during White's injury is also absolutely inexcusable considering how horrible Bryn and Patty are tbh

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    it says since 2014 in the thread le. Otherwise I would've mentioned signing Richard Jefferson and letting Matt Bonner start.

And I know the drafting is basically a long shot since they always got low picks and did pretty well recently. I just thought to still bring it up
    sorry wrong year.........great op welcome

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last couple of years it's hard to know if they drafted well or not. It will depend on how players recover from injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta admit tho, the Cunningham and Quincy signings were stupid AF, anybody with half a brain knew those were ing re ed. Not signing a PG during White's injury is also absolutely inexcusable considering how horrible Bryn and Patty are tbh
    signing patty and forbes in consecutive summers made no sense...

Thread Information