Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Ignore this got people. Has the absolute most vanilla takes when it comes to sports. He thought Connor would knock out Khabib

It really doesn't get worse than Cry got, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This list can go on and on TBH. They are not glaring mistakes per se and just minor gripes, but how about the oddball signings of Andre Miller and Kevin Martin. And those subpar late '00 teams with Bogans, Blair, McDyess, Mason, Ratliff, Bonner, Kurt Thomas. Outside the Big 3, spurs have always had such a poor support squad. Players with so many weaknesses. Standing pat with current players and extending mediocrity with loyalty contracts for players well past their prime are clearly biting the Spurs in the ass. Now with the absence of Tim's greatness on the court as well as the departure of TP and retirement of Manu, I believe the FO will be and is being completely exposed for being inept. No one expects perfection but just some real dumbfk decisions. Not armchair quarterback retrospective regrets, but outright errors that are apparent to any half-wit. This team will be within .050 of .500, north or south. Playoffs seem unlikely, and that's a polite way of putting it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seriously if the spurs never chase lma in fa, and just focus retaining the bigs and build around kawhi, its not like they will fall off...

if they kept dedmon, simmons, lee, baynes and never chase lma/pau, is still a solid frontline rotation, ,just give them more freedom to chase their own offensive numbers,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot about chasing Andre Iquodala in free agency...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This list can go on and on TBH. They are not glaring mistakes per se and just minor gripes, but how about the oddball signings of Andre Miller and Kevin Martin. And those subpar late '00 teams with Bogans, Blair, McDyess, Mason, Ratliff, Bonner, Kurt Thomas. Outside the Big 3, spurs have always had such a poor support squad. Players with so many weaknesses. Standing pat with current players and extending mediocrity with loyalty contracts for players well past their prime are clearly biting the Spurs in the ass. Now with the absence of Tim's greatness on the court as well as the departure of TP and retirement of Manu, I believe the FO will be and is being completely exposed for being inept. No one expects perfection but just some real dumbfk decisions. Not armchair quarterback retrospective regrets, but outright errors that are apparent to any half-wit. This team will be within .050 of .500, north or south. Playoffs seem unlikely, and that's a polite way of putting it.
    Don't forget Pop said he should be fired when they got Dice and RJ if they didn't win that year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    getting rid of your perimeter players which made you a defensive beasts on the perimeter, not replacing them with same type of players with potential to improve

not bringing Hanga over when ur down 3 defensive perimeter players, dunno if it was money issue, but they had no issue giving gay, pau, patty, belli deals

lol giving decolo the shaft cause he didnt develop quick enough due to the backlog of pops favoritism players and vets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget Pop said he should be fired when they got Dice and RJ if they didn't win that year.
    remember the year they had gooden and fkn eddy curry? lmao front office wasting tims years.....u tell him t o do paycuts, but u go out sign trash surrounding him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any other Front Office would have gotten fired for the absolute -show of an offseason PATFO had this summer, tbh.

Just ignorance, dumbassery and negligence all around. A visceral display of ditachment from reality and a complete lack of understanding of what is needed to win in today's NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont blame the spurs for much.theyve always given out deals rose,rasho,jefferson,patty etc but i hated the way they handled the kawhi deal. You dont deal with a small market mentality when your giving up the best player in the trade

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When any front office decides to replace the pick-and-roll scoring big like David Lee AND the athletic defense of Dedmon by signing Joffrey Lauvergne to cover for both of them ... that's a front office that's underwater.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    When any front office decides to replace the pick-and-roll scoring big like David Lee AND the athletic defense of Dedmon by signing Joffrey Lauvergne to cover for both of them ... that's a front office that's underwater.
    Joffrey Lauvergne last year. Poeltl this year. That horrendous Gasol contract. This front office sure loves Euro scrub bigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really wonder if Pop just asked Kawhi if he wanted to be here and then folded his arms and said okay when he said no. He's very egotistical/stubborn and I don't think I can see him pushing too hard to keep him. Just wondering.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joffrey Lauvergne last year. Poeltl this year. That horrendous Gasol contract. This front office sure loves Euro scrub bigs.
    RC had Valenciunas above Kawhi on his draft board

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's be honest. This FO could've gotten a lot more out of the Big 3/Kawhi eras had they been a more competent front office. Not complaining, of course. 5 rings and 6 Finals are great, but they've built themselves an undeserving reputation in regards to roster construction.

The Big 3/Kawhi and Pop before he stopped caring were enough to carry bad rosters to 50 wins a season every year, and make you forget those bad contracts and bad draft picks. Unfortunately, Tim eventually had to go and we saw where it went from there starting with the awful loyalty deals to Pau and Mills. Those loyalty deals usually work with cerebral, all time greats, but not your scrubs of the world. Poor, poor, pooooor decisions and everyone here who understood where the NBA was trending knew it.

In the end though, nothing will change until Pop and his glorified secretary RC are gone. Expect more loyalty deals, expect guys like Patty and Gasol to retire here, and expect PATFO to remain content with just being a middle of the road team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, to add to the list of mistakes:

Trading Kawhi and DG to the Raptors, thus needing a wing, while they have OG, Miles, Powell, Wright, Brown, and Richardson...but instead you get the worst big on their roster, 7ft Peter Peckerwood Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, to add to the list of mistakes:

Trading Kawhi and DG to the Raptors, thus needing a wing, while they have OG, Miles, Powell, Wright, Brown, and Richardson...but instead you get the worst big on their roster, 7ft Peter Peckerwood Poeltl.
    dont forget siakam

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont forget siakam
    I preferred him if you had to take a big, but the point was doubling down on Forbes and not finding an adequate replacement on the wing after losing Green, Manu, and Anderson was a bad move. No Belinelli wasn't enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bump. Feel free to add on to this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Pop was asked if Bryn Forbes reminds him any of Gary Neal.
    Pop: "No. ... He reminds me of Steph Curry.”

“Brandon is a guy who can guard a lot of positions and bring physicality,” Spurs assistant coach Ime Udoka said. “You can put him on a lot of guys. Bigger guys, smaller guys, he’s pretty versatile in that sense. We’re looking for some of the same things from him that Jonathon Simmons brought last year.

"Who has been the biggest surprise outside of DeMar and LaMarcus? Ime Udoka: Bryn Forbes. Bryn has been great. He showed a nice progression between last year and summer league and all those things, but you never know until you’re put in that position playing major minutes and obviously starting. He got forced into a starting role, and he’s been great. He’s not a natural point guard and never played the position in his career so for him to come out and somewhat run the team and try to hold us together with the new group that we have, it’s been great. He’s playing great defense and working extremely hard. Playing a new position with a young guy out there, you never know. So, he’s been great."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Pop was asked if Bryn Forbes reminds him any of Gary Neal.
    Pop: "No. ... He reminds me of Steph Curry.”

“Brandon is a guy who can guard a lot of positions and bring physicality,” Spurs assistant coach Ime Udoka said. “You can put him on a lot of guys. Bigger guys, smaller guys, he’s pretty versatile in that sense. We’re looking for some of the same things from him that Jonathon Simmons brought last year.

"Who has been the biggest surprise outside of DeMar and LaMarcus? Ime Udoka: Bryn Forbes. Bryn has been great. He showed a nice progression between last year and summer league and all those things, but you never know until you’re put in that position playing major minutes and obviously starting. He got forced into a starting role, and he’s been great. He’s not a natural point guard and never played the position in his career so for him to come out and somewhat run the team and try to hold us together with the new group that we have, it’s been great. He’s playing great defense and working extremely hard. Playing a new position with a young guy out there, you never know. So, he’s been great."
    forbes and mills numbers are near identical .talk about a dynamic defensive duo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau Gasol was an insane waste of money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well apparently they expected their best player to play through a degree of pain and not be a complete and total pussy. Shame on them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well apparently they expected their best player to play through a degree of pain and not be a complete and total pussy. Shame on them.
    I did not understand the relationship of Kawhi's situation with the mistakes of the front office,Are you saying that Kawhi should play and hide the faults of the front office in the assembly of the roster? because what's in question here are the errors of the front office, and these errors have nothing to do with what the team is doing on the court (even because the complaints already existed when Kawhi was playing)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did not understand the relationship of Kawhi's situation with the mistakes of the front office,Are you saying that Kawhi should play and hide the faults of the front office in the assembly of the roster? because what's in question here are the errors of the front office, and these errors have nothing to do with what the team is doing on the court (even because the complaints already existed when Kawhi was playing)
    Who are we comparing the FO to exactly? You have a list of teams that are knocking it out of the park without a top end franchise level player? Everyone looks good when you have that guy. Spurs have been up there with some of the best teams ever in terms of building around that guy. Just a few years ago they were in the WCF and had a huge lead in game 1 against the mighty Warriors.. They even played well last year through all the drama surrounding that dip .. This year we are mediocre and a tear down is needed.

Thread Information