Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those two picks we will likely have will both be in the 20s, and won't even net a late lottery pick, let alone some pick that will entice those teams to part with those players.

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those two picks we will likely have will both be in the 20s, and won't even net a late lottery pick, let alone some pick that will entice those teams to part with those players.
    logically speaking you never know... if they are early 20's you can conceivably get into the mid to late teens. Gobert was picked right before we picked late in the first. Jimmy, Jokic, etc... Teams get desperate it's fair to say and the players I mentioned are on teams stacked with wings. Mikal I don't even think has played this year and Justin is on the Kings, nuff said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bridges isn't for sale. He might be part of a package for them to buy someone else, but they aren't looking to turn him into pieces this soon after trading two picks to get him. The Kings need Justin Jackson too much to move him without getting a better SF back. They do have Bjelica though, and I think he's significantly more gettable.

Josh Jackson is interesting. The Suns seem to be ready to move on, but I don't know if they'd be willing to trade him for parts. Like in next year's draft, I could see him going for teens pick. The Spurs could have such a pick then. But I doubt they can convince Phoenix that their pick is worth that now. MAYBE they'd be willing to go Anderson and Jackson for Mills, Gasol and the pick. But with them having Chandler on the roster already, I'm not too confident. Chandler and Jackson for Pau and picks? Maybe. It's at least salary-neutral. It's not even a little bad from the Spurs' perspective, because Jackson is a good prospect at a position of need, and the team avoids having to pay Gasol's guarantee and gets a chance at having another legit defensive center to mentor Poeltl. Just a hard-sell for a Phoenix team that already has an extra pick coming and prospects out the wahzoo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This season with current injuries:
    47-49 wins

With Walker and White back:
    50-52 wins

with Murray:
    55-58 wins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bridges isn't for sale. He might be part of a package for them to buy someone else, but they aren't looking to turn him into pieces this soon after trading two picks to get him. The Kings need Justin Jackson too much to move him without getting a better SF back. They do have Bjelica though, and I think he's significantly more gettable.

Josh Jackson is interesting. The Suns seem to be ready to move on, but I don't know if they'd be willing to trade him for parts. Like in next year's draft, I could see him going for teens pick. The Spurs could have such a pick then. But I doubt they can convince Phoenix that their pick is worth that now. MAYBE they'd be willing to go Anderson and Jackson for Mills, Gasol and the pick. But with them having Chandler on the roster already, I'm not too confident. Chandler and Jackson for Pau and picks? Maybe. It's at least salary-neutral. It's not even a little bad from the Spurs' perspective, because Jackson is a good prospect at a position of need, and the team avoids having to pay Gasol's guarantee and gets a chance at having another legit defensive center to mentor Poeltl. Just a hard-sell for a Phoenix team that already has an extra pick coming and prospects out the wahzoo.
    My point about Josh Jackson and Mikal was that they have a plethora of wings, so in that sense I imagine someone is available. As for Justin, I figured it's the Kings... But all this trade for player would be strictly draft time scenarios.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would much rather move Patty than Pau. Patty is a tier version of Forbes and redundant when White returns. Pau is still useful off the bench and a credible replacement for LMA when he sits misses games.

Is there a market for Patty and a pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all duckers who say "trade Mills and Gasol" for anything other than an equally toxic contract are tripping. You can't trade under performing veterans for mid career players! Try Pau/ Mills plus both firsts and you takes would be realistic. Pau sucks, but he can play positive minutes and the best replacement for him is poetl your small ball. Mills sucks but has moral value and the best replacement is to throw him to the deep bench. You don't need trades to improve the team.

Now whether there iis an SF prospect worth one or two first round picks is relevant, Pau and Mills are salary filler only
    Da fuq is moral value?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marquese Chris and Dragan Bender about to be free agents next season. Houston and Phoenix decided not to pick up their option. I think both are intriguing prospects with potential. They could strive here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Da fuq is moral value?
    Towel waving

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't hate Bender. Spurs have no need for him, though. He's a stretch-five with some perimeter skill, but I'd rather just play a stretch-four. Almost every highlight you see of him is a three, but he only shoots 34 percent there.
    Last edited by Chinook; 10-30-2018 at 07:37 PM.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Would much rather move Patty than Pau. Patty is a tier version of Forbes and redundant when White returns. Pau is still useful off the bench and a credible replacement for LMA when he sits misses games.

Is there a market for Patty and a pick?
    I don't know. Is there a market for those untoughable scrubs in philly.... Saric, Fultz and Covington.?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the Cavs are exploring options for Kyle Korver. He is old as but fills a glaring hole with the lack of three point shooting on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the Cavs are exploring options for Kyle Korver. He is old as but fills a glaring hole with the lack of three point shooting on the roster.
    That would be like adding another pylon to the defensive turnstile. Spurs need a legit 3 and D player instead of just "3".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the real problem is that this team won't move Mills before the deadline, especially now that Dejounte is out for the season. If they decide to move Mills in the offseason they most likely would need to take some salary back which s us big time in free agency. The smartest move would be to trade him for an expiring, so we can sign some free agents. Spurs basically can't sign anybody with Mills on the roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Phoenix potential trade partnership is interesting, expecially if, like it seems, they're valueing Ariza, Bridges and Warren more than Jackson. They already gave up on Bender and Chandler is not going to be re-signed.
    Mills and Pau for the three of them works on nba trade machine...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the real problem is that this team won't move Mills before the deadline, especially now that Dejounte is out for the season. If they decide to move Mills in the offseason they most likely would need to take some salary back which s us big time in free agency. The smartest move would be to trade him for an expiring, so we can sign some free agents. Spurs basically can't sign anybody with Mills on the roster.
    I'm pretty sure PATFO considers Mills untouchable in any trade talks LMAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all duckers who say "trade Mills and Gasol" for anything other than an equally toxic contract are tripping. You can't trade under performing veterans for mid career players! Try Pau/ Mills plus both firsts and you takes would be realistic. Pau sucks, but he can play positive minutes and the best replacement for him is poetl your small ball. Mills sucks but has moral value and the best replacement is to throw him to the deep bench. You don't need trades to improve the team.

Now whether there iis an SF prospect worth one or two first round picks is relevant, Pau and Mills are salary filler only
    You are being too rational for this forum.

But you are right... part of the reason why these threads turn into the ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marquese Chris and Dragan Bender about to be free agents next season. Houston and Phoenix decided not to pick up their option. I think both are intriguing prospects with potential. They could strive here
    Bender's PER last years was 7.1, and that was playing all 82 games, 25 minutes per game. That's like d-league bad. Criss will never play here, because he's a ing idiot. I was reading a blurb on why their GM got fired before the season, and both of these misses with high draft picks were listed as likely reasons. There's a reason that year 4 options sometimes don't get picked up, and that reason isn't that the player or players "are intriguing prospects with potential". The options don't get picked up because after two seasons, they are determined by their drafting team(s) to be top 10 pick busts.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there aren't really any good SF free agents next summer are there?
    It'd never happen since Pop loves these guys, but I'd trade Pau/Mills for Batum once White comes back. Batum's deal is pretty bad, could Spurs even get a draft pick out of it?

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. And maybe his 3-point shooting alone would entice the Suns to take him. Ultimately, however, I think we are playing games on fantasy trades; PATFO not gonna do anything except possibly replace Q-Pon with a buy-out.
    I could see Pop making a deal for his favorite player in Hill he just loved the guy you have to remember that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -With the Lakers: Gasol for Caldwell-Pope and Beasley.
    Gasol has money owed after this season, while Beasley and KCP are UFA's. The Lakers have no incentive to take on Gasol when they could sign a big around the buyout deadline (i.e. Tyson Chandler)

-With the Hawks: Gasol and a pick (or Bertans, Murray or White) for Kent Bazemore.
    While Gasol and a pick make since for Bazemore, in theory, Bazemore is a small SG who can really only defend guards. He is also owed $19 million next season. That's a lot for a player that doesn't address our biggest issue on the wing, a defensive SF. After this season Murray is extension eligible, Gay needs to be re-signed that team could easily hit $140,000,000- way deep into the tax.

-With the Suns: Gasol and a pick (or Bertans, Murray or White) for Trevor Ariza.
    Why trade an asset(s) for a player that is probable to get waived in February? Especially a pick, or two of our last the 1st rounders or Bertans.

-With the Nets: Gasol and a pick (or Bertans, Murray or White) for DeMarre Carroll or Allen Crabbe or Jared Dudley.
    Carroll is a player I want on the Spurs but trading for him probably doesn't make since unless it's Gasol and two 2nd's (2019 and 2020) for Carroll.

It gives the Spurs his bird rights, so they can re-sign him without touching the MLE, addresses their wing situation, gets them out of paying Gasol $6.7 million next year or $2.3 million for the next three seasons (if stretched and waived)

The likely rotation in that scenario would be:

Forbes, DDR, Carrol, Bertans, LMA
    Mills, White, Beli, Gay, Poeltl

closing unit: Forbes/Mills, DDR, Carroll, Gay, LMA

Carroll may be brought out and possibly signed but it makes more since to trade for him if the Spurs are interested in getting help on the wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Pop making a deal for his favorite player in Hill he just loved the guy you have to remember that.
    Hill could be a buy-out candidate. No one is picking up that $18,000,000 team option for next season

Not sure how he would fit into the guard rotation though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol for Bazemore straight-up makes sense. Spurs adding a pick would be insane. Pau's a better player on a better contract. Bazemore has a chance to be a better fit. Only way I add a pick is if Mills for Dedmon is part of the deal. I actually like the player, but he makes a f'ton while not being better than I hope Lonnie is by next year. He can defend threes, though. He has good length and good enough instincts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rose scores 50.... damn it... weren't the Spurs trying to pick him up last year???

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/s...t-spurs-passed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol for Bazemore straight-up makes sense. Spurs adding a pick would be insane. Pau's a better player on a better contract. Bazemore has a chance to be a better fit. Only way I add a pick is if Mills for Dedmon is part of the deal. I actually like the player, but he makes a f'ton while not being better than I hope Lonnie is by next year. He can defend threes, though. He has good length and good enough instincts.
    Can Bazemore actually defend SFs? Admittedly, I have hardly watched him but based on what i've heard, he doesn't have the size to defend 3's .

Thread Information