Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not much of a hero take really. Raptors were a 58 win team who added a top 3 player in the league. Only the posters who are notoriously bad really disagreed (i.e., Hater. My guy DMC also disagreed, but he's contrarian about everything).
    timvp thought the Warriors were going to steamroll any East team because of the bye WCF they had vs the Blazers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not much of a hero take really. Raptors were a 58 win team who added a top 3 player in the league. Only the posters who are notoriously bad really disagreed (i.e., Hater. My guy DMC also disagreed, but he's contrarian about everything).
    Also, my take is from very early on the regular season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FAP with a really lukewarm "prediction" here "in the event these 2 teams meet in the Finals, one of the two will win"

Way to go out on a limb, giving yourself two outs in a 50-50 "prediction" FAP just can't help himself though, he gotta bump this thread and perform self-fellatio for predicting nothing at all.
    now jerking himself off over it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, my take is from very early on the regular season.
    They were a 59 win team last season and significantly upgraded obviously by sending DeFrozen our way for Uncle Dennis's nephew. Stands to reason they were going to be a top 2 EC team and contender.

I agree, though, that people are too quick to claim the Warriors as invincible.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    good call OP.

i had the raps winning it all before the season started.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now jerking himself off over it
    What's the point of being so good at this basketball analysis thing if you can't rub it all over the faces of the lesser minds, tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, "The Warriors are a better team without Durant." "They play so beautifully."
    "Green is a God who walks the earth."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, "The Warriors are a better team without Durant." "They play so beautifully."
    "Green is a God who walks the earth."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the point of being so good at this basketball analysis thing if you can't rub it all over the faces of the lesser minds, tbh?
    Can't remember, but were you on the Tony or Microwave side in the debate in those days? Lesser minds (the helmet crew) upstairs thought he would actually make a competent NBA starting PG and was the proverbial missing piece (in terms of role). We obviously saw how terrible Patty is when he's too far out from his limited bench player role as a sparkplug, who hasn't sparked much in the past couple of years.

The Patty vs. Tony situation is a good litmus test here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because it was a half-assed take.

they "could win" but i still think the warriors will win. so either way you're right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't remember, but were you on the Tony or Microwave side in the debate in those days? Lesser minds (the helmet crew) upstairs thought he would actually make a competent NBA starting PG and was the proverbial missing piece (in terms of role). We obviously saw how terrible Patty is when he's too far out from his limited bench player role as a sparkplug, who hasn't sparked much in the past couple of years.

I was on the Manu at PG side, tbh.

But if I had to choose between Mills and post 2014 Tony, I preferred Mills because he was at least a 3pt threat. Metrics supported my choice, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Let me tell you how this thread is gonna end:

If Raps win: "I told you so."

If Dubs win: "I said the Warriors were favorites."

FAP playing both sides of the fence and trying to pass it off as bball knowledge. Shameless really
    Last edited by Bynumite; 05-30-2019 at 11:11 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    the point of patty starting, for me, was so that the ball would be kawhi's hands more. period. people laughed at the time cause they thought kawhi wouldn't be able to handle the ball

i was fine shipping out tony and patty. never thought patty would be an all star or part of the next big three. but could shoot the 3 better than tony.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren't the Warriors missing a key player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was on the Manu at PG side, tbh.

But if I had to choose between Mills and post 2014 Tony, I preferred Mills because he was at least a 3pt threat. Metrics supported my choice, tbh.
    But then who runs the offense? Pop wasn't going to start Manu. I even argued to those who insisted on starting Patty that for it to work, he needs Manu running point. Pop wasn't going that, and for good reason, since Manu plus Patty was a good spark off the bench. The Spurs painted themselves into a corner with Parker, so best thing to do was to support him and hope he found a gear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because it was a half-assed take.

they "could win" but i still think the warriors will win. so either way you're right.
    If the Warriors win this series easily, I won't be right. If the Raptors would have lost before making the finals (except vs the Bucks, who I also think would have given the Warriors a very tough series and probably win it all vs a Durantless Warriors) I wouldn't have been right either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But then who runs the offense? Pop wasn't going to start Manu. I even argued to those who insisted on starting Patty that for it to work, he needs Manu running point. Pop wasn't going that, and for good reason, since Manu plus Patty was a good spark off the bench. The Spurs painted themselves into a corner with Parker, so best thing to do was to support him and hope he found a gear.
    The same guy that is running the offense for the team with a 1-0 lead on the NBA finals. The, arguably, best player in the World.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the point of patty starting, for me, was so that the ball would be kawhi's hands more. period. people laughed at the time cause they thought kawhi wouldn't be able to handle the ball

i was fine shipping out tony and patty. never thought patty would be an all star or part of the next big three. but could shoot the 3 better than tony.
    Kawhi can't run the offense like a PG. As I said in my reply to DAF, you would've needed to start Manu as the PG if you were going to start Patty. Problem is, that would've killed the bench. We'd have Tony plus Green coming in. Patty and Manu's units had really good numbers, so you wouldn't want to split those two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aren't the Warriors missing a key player?
    Yeah, but somehow folks were still saying the Warriors were going to win easily.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but somehow folks were still saying the Warriors were going to win easily.
    Durant matters against Lebron-led teams, these Raptors and Bucks..that's pretty much it, which is part of the reason it's so sad that he went there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same guy that is running the offense for the team with a 1-0 lead on the NBA finals. The, arguably, best player in the World.
    Lowry still dominates touches, meaning he's the primary ball handler and set up man.

https://stats.nba.com/players/touche...nType=Playoffs

I should've been more clear that running the offense doesn't necessarily mean being the main ball handler or set up man. Tim Duncan in the 4 down days "ran the offense" but didn't set it up as a PG would by dribbling into the front court and calling the set. Patty was best parking himself behind the 3 point line somewhere and waiting for something to develop where he could get an open shot.

Parker was actually quite good at ball handling and setting up, especially with the way he probed offenses. Much more effective than Patty. His problem was always passivity, settling too much for that 18 footer instead of relentlessly attacking the rim every time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FAP with a really lukewarm "prediction" here "in the event these 2 teams meet in the Finals, one of the two will win"

Way to go out on a limb, giving yourself two outs in a 50-50 "prediction" FAP just can't help himself though, he gotta bump this thread and perform self-fellatio for predicting nothing at all.
    Right even in his bump the got wouldn’t commit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I picked the Raptors to win it all in the preseason. Believe me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bunch of butthurt lesser minders, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bunch of butthurt lesser minders, tbh.
    Your next take, "Messi may or may not win the Copa America"

Thread Information