My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Story posting soon: The Houston Rockets are making a renewed bid to acquire Minnesota All-Star Jimmy Butler, including four future first-round draft picks in their most recent trade offer, league sources tell ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Story posting soon: The Houston Rockets are making a renewed bid to acquire Minnesota All-Star Jimmy Butler, including four future first-round draft picks in their most recent trade offer, league sources tell ESPN.
    Hard to imagine they'd offer this without having communicated with Jimmy first, right? That's a ton of 1sts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see Olbermann got out of the basement

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First couple would be pretty worthless since they'd be late 20s picks but since they have to stagger them (can't trade picks away in back to back years) the third or fourth one might be pretty decent. I'd still want more if I'm Minnesota though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First couple would be pretty worthless since they'd be late 20s picks but since they have to stagger them (can't trade picks away in back to back years) the third or fourth one might be pretty decent. I'd still want more if I'm Minnesota though.
    Didnt know about them being late 20's or being staggered. Makes sense thanks

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF? Rockets getting fleeced 4 times harder than the Cowturds in the Amari Cooper trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf is morey pulling all t he 1st round picks from...

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    1st Round picks for contending teams is nearly worthless. Morey playing chess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even so, a core of 29yo Harden and Butler, 33yo Chris Paul is on the verge of TOSB status. I subscribe to the notion that last season was their best chance at eliminating GS. The window is still there but it's getting narrower and will close altogether by the end of the decade.

On the other hand, I admire Morey going all in as soon as his superstar expresses the tiniest dissatisfaction. We've all seen Harden and wilt in front of cameras whenever faced with adversity so that ing must multiply hundredfold when he's at the locker room or in Morey's office. Star pulls an early hammy because the season isn't as cruise control as last year? Get more star help, keep the franchise centerpiece's workload within his lazy comfort zone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't football. Those picks are worthless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2019 pick is worthless. Rox won't be contenders past 2020 so the latter three picks have value. This is how Morey will try to soft sell the offer to the Minny owner and president, not to Thibs. Thibs' job security and role as a decision maker won't hold past the decade. There's some synchronicity of timetables between the two franchises there. High chance Morey pulls it off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thing is, Houston is over the luxury threshold, so they can't make this trade work without sending some salaries back. It'll have to be some players plus 4 picks...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure I see the T-Wolves getting a better deal anywhere, tbh.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    This isn't football. Those picks are worthless
    Not true. The smart teams understand the value of young talent on cheap contracts.

Also, CP0 and Butler are two of the most injury-prone players in the league. CP0 is getting old and Butler has already been run into the ground by Thibs. That alone makes trading four unprotected first-round picks idiotic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thibs won't do it because he hates young players and sucks at development.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true. The smart teams understand the value of young talent on cheap contracts.

Also, CP0 and Butler are two of the most injury-prone players in the league. CP0 is getting old and Butler has already been run into the ground by Thibs. That alone makes trading four unprotected first-round picks idiotic.
    How would that even look? Can you trade 2 first round picks in a row? Would they have to spread it out til like 2025 or something? Also Houston hasn't picked in the top 10 since like Yao Ming and Dantoni's system is tailor made to win regular season games so it could be a risk for the wolves. And also there aren't really any winners coming out of college anymore. Just a bunch of 1 and done losers

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Jim Buss >>>> Morey tbh:

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    So the real question is does Minny want to screw up the West and make it harder for Golden State to advance to Finals. The T-Wolves are going nowhere, maybe a 1st round exit that's it even with Butler. If I was Minny I'd take this deal and move on from Butler.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Who's gonna offer more for Butler? This situation is just as bad or worse than the Kawhi saga.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Butler+Paul+Harden+Melo = a team with an explosive atmosphere.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's gonna offer more for Butler? This situation is just as bad or worse than the Kawhi saga.
    No it isn't, Butler is actually playing.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Rox sign Butler they should just ing waive Melo.

I like the CP3-Harden-Butler-PJ-Capela lineup.. reckon that gets them back to the WCF against GS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ i mean trade for Butler not sign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 looks like he's on his last legs though.. each hamstring tear will take some of his quickness and athleticism away not to mention just flat out getting older... he's what.. 33 already and will be turning 34 during the playoffs this season.. another reason to go all out for Butler if you are Morey.

Plus Rox are a big enough market to re-build through Free Agency once CP3 and Harden are gone.

Thread Information