Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs need to build their team around this guy. And that means trading away guys like Wes Matthews and Dennis Smith Jr and getting more shooters and rebounders and 6'8" floor runners. And less 5'6" Puerto Rican shooting guards and 44 year old has beens

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, what's so special about this guy? I don't see it.

Those awkward little runners and depending on defensive breakdowns to get wide open threes isn't going to make him a star. Overrated courtvision/playmaking. On defense, he can't even stay in front of post-Achilles Gay.
    its pretty sad for the NBA that a one trick pony is doing this to the ''superior'' athletes.

I believe in love Corporal_Upham's Avatar
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Stupid be@ner
    Takes one to know one...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A UTSA be@ner got. That's as bad as it gets. There are people that were turned away from the caravan that have higher social standing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, what's so special about this guy? I don't see it.

Those awkward little runners and depending on defensive breakdowns to get wide open threes isn't going to make him a star. Overrated courtvision/playmaking. On defense, he can't even stay in front of post-Achilles Gay.
    Careful, next thing you know he'll have back-to-back MVPs and be a three-time champion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its pretty sad for the NBA that a one trick pony is doing this to the ''superior'' athletes.
    Doing what exactly? Making some awkward runners? Making wide open threes due to defensive breakdowns by the opposition?

I don't see anything that screams all-star much less franchise guy. He's not athletic, he can't get his own shot whenever he wants, to me he's not the great playmaker he was made out to be, he'll never be a good defender. Putting up some raw numbers on a bad team doesn't make you the next big thing. The way he gets those numbers matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Careful, next thing you know he'll have back-to-back MVPs and be a three-time champion.
    Yeah, and you won't be fat as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its amazing that he put up 31 points and I feel like his performance was still underwhelming. He'll be scary good on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can people explain in detail how he'll be scary/special?

He's like KAT in the sense that he's always being overrated and automatically being called "special" with little supporting evidence.

I believe in love Corporal_Upham's Avatar
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Impossible, since quite literally, DMC is the elephant in the room.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    holy this guy sucks

just lol at anybody that thought this chunky, unathletic white boy was going to be some kind of star

What a ty thread. Congrats son!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Doing what exactly? Making some awkward runners? Making wide open threes due to defensive breakdowns by the opposition?

I don't see anything that screams all-star much less franchise guy. He's not athletic, he can't get his own shot whenever he wants, to me he's not the great playmaker he was made out to be, he'll never be a good defender. Putting up some raw numbers on a bad team doesn't make you the next big thing. The way he gets those numbers matters.
    So you expected him to be utterly dominant at 19? That’s the dumbest you’ve said in this thread

He’s playing great...for a rookie. Some of his highlight plays aren’t that impressive but twitter still masturbates furiously to anything Luka does. He turns the ball over way too much. He’s also ONLY 19 YEARS OLD and hasn’t even done a proper offseason of training. Dallas literally told him to do nothing but rest until the season started.

He’s still putting up these numbers as a doughy 19 year old. Once he drops 15 pounds, gets training to improve his explosiveness, and gets a year of NBA experience, his ceiling gets even higher. I’m sorry your franchise is trending downward in a big way, no need to talk about another team’s future just to cope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can people explain in detail how he'll be scary/special?

He's like KAT in the sense that he's always being overrated and automatically being called "special" with little supporting evidence.
    Simply put, he's already more skilled than any player born after 95. I understand the question about the upside, but i'd argue that we don't really know how much more skilled can he get, simply because there was nobody as skilled at that age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hurr durr your fat

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Best rookie perimeter player since Kevin Durant.

Luka Godcic taking over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor FKLA. this thread is gonna get bumped for years to come tbh.

Expect it to get bumped every time Luka takes a on the Spurs. With our current backcourt that will probably be pretty ing often

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you expected him to be utterly dominant at 19? That’s the dumbest you’ve said in this thread

He’s playing great...for a rookie. Some of his highlight plays aren’t that impressive but twitter still masturbates furiously to anything Luka does. He turns the ball over way too much. He’s also ONLY 19 YEARS OLD and hasn’t even done a proper offseason of training. Dallas literally told him to do nothing but rest until the season started.

He’s still putting up these numbers as a doughy 19 year old. Once he drops 15 pounds, gets training to improve his explosiveness, and gets a year of NBA experience, his ceiling gets even higher. I’m sorry your franchise is trending downward in a big way, no need to talk about another team’s future just to cope.
    I'm not really bashing him for not being all that at 19, I'm just saying I don't see anything that would warrant predictions that he'll be a franchise guy in his prime. I don't think it's that hard to tell early on either. Tatum, Simmons, Mitc , etc you could see it right away.

I agree that transforming his body could do wonders for his athleticism or lack thereof but that's not a given. Some guys just never put that work in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not really bashing him for not being all that at 19, I'm just saying I don't see anything that would warrant predictions that he'll be a franchise guy in his prime. I don't think it's that hard to tell early on either. Tatum, Simmons, Mitc , etc you could see it right away.

I agree that transforming his body could do wonders for his athleticism or lack thereof but that's not a given. Some guys just never put that work in.
    ^Prime example

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the morbidly obese poster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs ain't but will still finish better than Dallas
    And the Lakers.

And since the league doesnt care about compe ion, that's a championship season.

We've had championship seasons every year since the league was last somewhat not predictable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a dummy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many accounts do you have?

Veteran
    My Team