Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I will say this was impressed by him last night despite the loss last night but ...
    But some observations:

1. I love the way Doncic is able to blow by dudes like Siakam, Green etc. who are quicker than him. His range, smarts and footwork allow him to beat his man consistently even without screens to get on a big.
    2. Dude not only has the harden stepback and between the legs in to the step back ... but he also pulls off the lob off the PNR to Powell/Jordan like Harden to Capela or Faried
    3. His defense is trash but he fights for rebounds and has the smarts to be a good help defender
    4. his vision is even better than I initially thought. I know amb was trying to downplay it when i made Bird comparisons but i see some of bird and some of Harden. HE is more fluid an athlete than Dirk in his prime and a much beter passer than Dirk. (and yes he is more fluid than Bird too) he even had a dunk in transition last night, where I thought he left from to far out and sneak dunked it ...
    5. Dude should be an all-star. I know somw will argue Lebron had similar impact and did not make it his rookie year (along with plenty others) and mavs have not been a godo team but hard pressed to tell me Russ shoting as bad as he is on the year, Klay also been bad for stretches or Jamal Murray deserve a spot over Doncic.

He takes some bad shots, sure ... but so does harden.
    Kid is legit.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    ^He better be more fluid than Bird and Dirk, he is considerably shorter. Dirk was incredibly fluid and mobile for a legit 7-footer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    played like and still got a tripple double.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    His shooting numbers are probably gonna drop even more. Say what you will about DSJ & Barnes, but they were able to creat their own shot, now Luka is the only guy who can do that. Defenses will focus him even harder. I hope they aren’t serious about keeping Porzingis out until next year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    His shooting numbers are probably gonna drop even more. Say what you will about DSJ & Barnes, but they were able to creat their own shot, now Luka is the only guy who can do that. Defenses will focus him even harder. I hope they aren’t serious about keeping Porzingis out until next year.
    he takes some bad shots. Sometimes they are hero shots and sometimes trying to draw a foul he wont get.
    But as long as he doesnt fall in to a habit he can't get out of once KP is (if) healthy and Mavs pursue better talent via trades ...
    I think its fine to let him experiment ...he is not killing a playoff run or hurting the devleopment of a fellow young stud.
    His development is more important than anyone else on the roster anyway.

They key is nurturing his creativity but in film study pointing out "the right play" or better shot so that when the Mavs do make the playoff with a better cast he doesnt fall in love with the "hero stuff".

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    “lucked out”

They did their homework and gave up significant assets to get him. They didn’t draft someone because his daddy kept yelling about it to the media
    They also weren't the only team trying to get him. The Clippers were trying to move up for him, and so were the Bulls, Knicks, Nuggets, and Magic. Everyone knew how great Doncic was going to be - it wasn't luck.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he wouldn't take at least 5 bad shots per game it would be better. He also pretty much creates all of his shots and are against a defender. And with all the last second shots from behind the half court line its no wonder his shooting % is low.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    trail blazer loss is a non-issue

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Luka has a rag-tag roster. Everyone decent traded away and Barea out all year now. Amazing the Mavs are still winning games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka has a rag-tag roster. Everyone decent traded away and Barea out all year now. Amazing the Mavs are still winning games.
    He'll be the best player in the world next year tbh. Might be already fwiw..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he takes some bad shots. Sometimes they are hero shots and sometimes trying to draw a foul he wont get.
    But as long as he doesnt fall in to a habit he can't get out of once KP is (if) healthy and Mavs pursue better talent via trades ...
    I think its fine to let him experiment ...he is not killing a playoff run or hurting the devleopment of a fellow young stud.
    His development is more important than anyone else on the roster anyway.

They key is nurturing his creativity but in film study pointing out "the right play" or better shot so that when the Mavs do make the playoff with a better cast he doesnt fall in love with the "hero stuff".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The kid is special, really really special.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP

Still one of the dumbest takes in recent memory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White making the entire 2018 draft class his personal es.

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    But how does a point guard shoot 11% from the free throw line?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But how does a point guard shoot 11% from the free throw line?
    He is injured. got Karlisle fails to recognise that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is injured. got Karlisle fails to recognise that.
    A knee injury shouldn't make you go 1/9 from the line, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A knee injury shouldn't make you go 1/9 from the line, tbh.
    I bet Doncic doesn't want to go talk to the ol' ball coach after det one!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka "White's son" Donutcic tbh

Thread Information