Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares? You don't look in the direction of the bench and mouth that when doesn't work out. I've also read that he barks back at Carey when he gives him the business for some of his stupid plays. The media actually tried to paint it out as a positive, like "look how fearless he is barking back at his HOF coach!".
    Agree but he is only 19. Link for that? If true that's surprising and not a good sign.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude is legit. They need to trade DSJ while they still can. The dude plays so dumb and isn't a fit with their new franchise player. It's better to get some shooters around Luka. Ironically DJ is a perfect fit for Doncic but he obviously has a beef with him. I expect that to end though the more that Luka dominates and proves himself. Dirk needs to be a player coach at this point in his career and just be constantly in Luka's ear and teaching him his move set. Tbh he's going to be a very dangerous player once he learns how to consistently get to the line the way he has been recently. Atlanta must feel beyond stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to trade DSJ while they still can. The dude plays so dumb and isn't a fit with their new franchise player. It's better to get some shooters around Luka.
    He's only 20 years old, and occasionally shows flashes that he could be really good, don't think it would a good idea to trade him now. Not convinced he isn't a fit, they played only what, 25 games together? IMO way to early to call for a trade. He just has to adjust to a different role. Before he got injured I think he was playing pretty good for a stretch of games. This game he was also playing well till the last minute or so.

Ironically DJ is a perfect fit for Doncic but he obviously has a beef with him. I expect that to end though the more that Luka dominates and proves himself.
    I thought that too for a while in the beginning but now I think it's not true. Like I think it was the Houston game where Luka sucked the whole game except the last 3 minutes and he said DJ kept encouraging him throughout the whole game telling him to keep his head up. But DJ isn't exactly a perfect fit, he would be if he also had at the very least a midrange shot. Like you said it would be better if Luka got some shooters around him, that includes the center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figured those “freeze out” rumors were BS, but there’s times where Deandre seems genuinely reluctant to give the ball to Luka.
    I'm watching the game right now. DeAndre would rather risk turning the ball over passing it to another guy than just giving it to Doncic after grabbed rebounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I figured those “freeze out” rumors were BS, but there’s times where Deandre seems genuinely reluctant to give the ball to Luka.
    so far their chemistry looked pretty good to me, as a matter of fact i think most of his success this season is due to doncic's passing, but it's starting to look like a real thing now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP's threads should stay at the border. That's what happens when you label a rookie a bust a couple weeks into the season like a dumbass

Expect OP to move the goalpost. This thread will eventually no longer be about Doncic not being a bust, but about any other potential shortcomings like playoff success, individual accolades etc.
    He switched it to the guy having an at ude atm but yeah. Basically he dont like em but he's not exactly sure why yet..still working on the reason

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The dude is legit. They need to trade DSJ while they still can. The dude plays so dumb and isn't a fit with their new franchise player. It's better to get some shooters around Luka. Ironically DJ is a perfect fit for Doncic but he obviously has a beef with him. I expect that to end though the more that Luka dominates and proves himself. Dirk needs to be a player coach at this point in his career and just be constantly in Luka's ear and teaching him his move set. Tbh he's going to be a very dangerous player once he learns how to consistently get to the line the way he has been recently. Atlanta must feel beyond stupid.
    Sacto too I know they did not wanna take ball out of Fox's hands ...but with fox speed and Luka's jumper that would have been one uva combo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Dirk can ring without TD, and all by himself, just like 2003 TD did. Manu without TD will be like Kobe without Shaq/Gasol.
    I remember people saying the same thing about the 2004 Olympics...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why is manu > dirk considered a take? i'd say it's a pretty captain obvious take, not sure what's controversial about it..

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Who cares? You don't look in the direction of the bench and mouth that when doesn't work out. I've also read that he barks back at Carey when he gives him the business for some of his stupid plays. The media actually tried to paint it out as a positive, like "look how fearless he is barking back at his HOF coach!".
    That's another reason I'm glad we didn't pick him--his at ude.

Here was a scouting report on him before the draft:

— Very immature

— Not mentally or emotionally prepared to play in NBA right now​

— En led

— Full of himself

— Not liked by teammates

http://arizonasports.com/story/15299...outing-report/

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL at that report. I remember it cause of that re Gambadaro wrote it. Whoever was following Real Madrid and Slovenian NT knew Doncic was beloved by his teammates and the coaching staff. so pretty much all the pointers the re wrote are false.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

(Video revised with new content)
    Last edited by Arcadian; 12-31-2018 at 05:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

(Video revised with new content)
    Id say no. He's probably in the top 10. We'll see at the end of the season.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Whatever makes you happy...

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Doncic is having the best rookie season since Timmy in 97-98.. even slightly better than 03-04 LeBron.

Cant think of anyone else since then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Doncic is having the best rookie season since Timmy in 97-98.. even slightly better than 03-04 LeBron.

Blake Griffin was a monster in his first season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake Griffin was a monster in his first season.
    True! Actually forgot about him for some reason.. his numbers were great.. but i think so far Doncic has been slightly better.

Griffin: 22.5-12.1-3.8 (.549 TS%) 38.0MPG, 105.5 ORtg 107.4 DRtg, 30-52 WL record.
    Doncic: 19.6-6.5-5.0 (.567 TS%) 32.5 MPG, 107.3 ORtg, 107.4 DRtg, 17-19 WL record.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Say whatever you need to say to rationalize it. Ayton/Bagley/Trae are all fine young players. Mavs fans are all very content with how the draft went, it’s Suns/Kings/Hawks fans who are autistic screeching about it
    I agree that he sounds butthurt but putting Ayton in the same class as Trae Young or Marvin Bagley. He’s averaging 17 and 11 (and he’s doing so at a ridiculous efficiency). If Doncic weren’t having such an unreal rookie season Ayton would be getting a lot more hype, Trae Young and Bagley are having pretty good but not spectacular rookie seasons.

The next few draft classes look like they’re going to suck ass, I wish the Suns sold out to somehow get Doncic and Ayton on the same team.
    Last edited by Will Hunting; 01-01-2019 at 12:46 PM.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    15-3 at home but 2-16 on the road.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I wasn’t meaning thay Ayton was on their level, he’s clearly ahead of them and could definitely end up being the best player in this draft. If Dallas had the top pick I would have wanted them to take Ayton over Doncic too tbh. It’s more what I’m seeing online where Suns/Kings/Hawks fans are all more interested in ting on Luka than rooting for their own guy.
    Yeah that’s re ed, it’s pretty dumb to dispute the fact Doncic is exceeding even the highest expectations people had for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I wasn’t meaning thay Ayton was on their level, he’s clearly ahead of them and could definitely end up being the best player in this draft. If Dallas had the top pick I would have wanted them to take Ayton over Doncic too tbh. It’s more what I’m seeing online where Suns/Kings/Hawks fans are all more interested in ting on Luka than rooting for their own guy.
    Luka is playing a little bit better than I expected. The only thing I'm pissed about is him being crazily overhyped, and also the fact that he is getting all the media attention/recognition with Ayton getting none. I'll admit, though, that perhaps one reason it got out of hand was due to the hot start by the Mavs. It will be interesting to see where both teams/players end up at the end of the year.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    The only thing I'm pissed about is him being crazily overhyped
    how is he getting crazily overhyped

just because ayton isnt getting as much attention doesnt mean lukas getting overhyped as opposed to ayton simply being underappreciated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Barnes in Dallas' long term plans? I want him on the Spurs, tbh.

Thread Information