Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    lol and for anyone to act like defense was remotely played in the 80s when the offensive numbers were even more ridiculous than they are now, and the lack of effort was utterly pathetic. the only difference was intentional flagrant fouls were given out more often then, not because they were "tough" but because there was not much penalty to do so, nor much penalty to fight over it. today it's massive fines and suspensions.

oh how dare these players not sacrifice $100k of their own money they earned so I can see some more pointless flagrant fouls and fights

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you understand what caused the change in the rules?

Because the game got so stale and boring the league was losing money...

The Hand Check Rule came along in 2004-2005. Well..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_on...6.5%20to%204.9.
    "In a down economy, after losing $100 million[13] on the NBA in 2000-2001, NBC was projecting a $200-million loss in 2001-2002.[14] The NBA also saw its NBC ratings[15] for the regular season fall from 4.3 in 1999 to 3.0 in 2000. Meanwhile, and the playoff ratings[16] dipped from 6.5 to 4.9."

I love the Spurs but in 2003 the ratings were a disaster for a finals that was defensive minded. Fans were sick of watching playoff games with the final score 77-75.. It's boring. The league changed it's rules to grow.. Fans were asking for offense.. You give the people what they want..
    Yea, it's a money grab. It really doesn't matter why it got soft. The point is that it did.

Side note: 680, 682; the slob's having a rough day.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Yea, it's a money grab. It really doesn't matter why it got soft. The point is that it did.

lol mono in your head rent free

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you understand what caused the change in the rules?

Because the game got so stale and boring the league was losing money...

The Hand Check Rule came along in 2004-2005. Well..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_on...6.5%20to%204.9.
    "In a down economy, after losing $100 million[13] on the NBA in 2000-2001, NBC was projecting a $200-million loss in 2001-2002.[14] The NBA also saw its NBC ratings[15] for the regular season fall from 4.3 in 1999 to 3.0 in 2000. Meanwhile, and the playoff ratings[16] dipped from 6.5 to 4.9."

I love the Spurs but in 2003 the ratings were a disaster for a finals that was defensive minded. Fans were sick of watching playoff games with the final score 77-75.. It's boring. The league changed it's rules to grow.. Fans were asking for offense.. You give the people what they want..
    This, tbh. It's a business, and the Spurs and Pistons always single-handedly destroyed it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was wrong. He's already better than I ever thought he was going to be and only 21.

Still not sure if he's a LeGOAT/Duncan type of guy. Probably more in the Kobe/Dirk range. Still amazing though.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I was wrong. He's already better than I ever thought he was going to be and only 21.

Still not sure if he's a LeGOAT/Duncan type of guy. Probably more in the Kobe/Dirk range. Still amazing though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over. Ill show you .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hespect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not ting on Luka tbh, he has been very impressive
    But Bird also delivered his first 2 seasons
    Bird was 23 his first NBA season.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../birdla01.html

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

he already better than duncan at the same age/nba experience

duncan just a privileged bob mcadoo

luka career trajectory is lebron minus the pussy gene

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but Luka already had professional experience when he got here

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    but Luka already had professional experience when he got here
    in birds day NCAA >>>>>>> any league other than NBA

today euroleague >> NCAA

so they both had experience playing in the second best league in the world prior to joining the NBA

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bull . I was watching him every time Kawhi gut up on him. He was ting his pants and calling for three screens. Bird would have no problem perfecting a crossover step-back for today's game. You're mighty stupid if you think otherwise.
    You are mighty stupid if you cant appreciate how Special Doncic is. I love the 80s grew up on magic and Bird ...doesnt mean i cant appreciate how Steph Bron Luka have evolved the game. Yes its softer but also more skilled. Bird had extraoridinary skill for 1984 ...he would still be great in 2020 but not extraordinary. Same with MJ and Magic.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 08-25-2020 at 07:44 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And Bird aint eating as much against a locked in Kawhi either ...stop it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We should NOT downgrade legacies based on what the rules used to be in 1992..

The game changed because the fans asked for the change.. Nobody in the league mandated this in good times. The fans were changing the channel.. You seriously would rather watch a 77-75 playoff game? No thanks.. Same thing in the NFL..

Teams used to run the ball, and eat up the clock. Win games 13-10.. Wake me up..

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are mighty stupid if you cant appreciate how Special Doncic is.
    I appreciate that he's not doing anything Harden, Curry, Lillard, etc. weren't already doing. Not telling you to not be a fan if he's who you want to back.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Bird aint eating as much against a locked in Kawhi either ...stop it
    Kawhi would be just another victim, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a waste to not get Bird into the NBA sooner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

True true

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Kiwi would son Bird on the other end & break his ribs unlike Rodman/Pippen. Dude couldn’t even check James Worthy.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Side comment, but watching some of these older clips, I can really see a lot of stylistic similarities between Bird and Dirk. Bird had better vision and was a better ball handler, but scoring wise they resemble each other a lot.

Luka's game is much more different though, a mix of Manu and Harden for me.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Side comment, but watching some of these older clips, I can really see a lot of stylistic similarities between Bird and Dirk. Bird had better vision and was a better ball handler, but scoring wise they resemble each other a lot.

Luka's game is much more different though, a mix of Manu and Harden for me.
    I can see why you'd think that. Truth is Bird has both of their games. Bird could've developed the crossover step-back 3 just like today's players; but that's not how the game was played back then.

IMO, he did under utilize the three; but hard to argue with his efficiency numbers. Antoine Walker (Celtics) had that game that many wish Bird had exemplified. Ironically, Bird said he needed to get on the block and punish teams much more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kiwi would son Bird on the other end & break his ribs unlike Rodman/Pippen. Dude couldn’t even check James Worthy.
    Worthy was quicker than Kawhi WTF are you on lol

Thread Information