Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Bryce Harper was a phone call from Nationals ownership away from being an Astro. Would that of gotten them over the Red Sox this past postseason?
    Harper sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    BRAVES DAY

Welcome back McCann and welcome aboard Donaldson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dodgers' Kenley Jansen 'ready for spring training' after second heart surgery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dodgers' Kenley Jansen 'ready for spring training' after second heart surgery
    Get well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Harper will be a Dodger:

Advantages Dodgers have over Phils: Still a contending team (Harper hasn't been past the NLDS), warm weather climate, glam appeal. I'm all for the gamble. Busts in baseball can't set franchises back decades like they do in the NBA. Don't know if MVP Harper is ever returning, though. They seemed to figure him out last season. Dodgers also don't need more strikeout/homerun players. But Bryce can indeed hit for average, potentially.

Robz4000

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Harper will be a Dodger:

Advantages Dodgers have over Phils: Still a contending team (Harper hasn't been past the NLDS), warm weather climate, glam appeal. I'm all for the gamble. Busts in baseball can't set franchises back decades like they do in the NBA. Don't know if MVP Harper is ever returning, though. They seemed to figure him out last season. Dodgers also don't need more strikeout/homerun players. But Bryce can indeed hit for average, potentially.

Robz4000
    Would just be another loser to add to a franchise that already likes to choke. He'd make sense for the Phillies since he prolly makes them a legit playoff team while they have plenty of youth/potential in the pipeline to where Philly won't need Harper to be the best player on the team to contend.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Phillies will likely get Harper or Trout. As a rival, I'll settle for Harper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would just be another loser to add to a franchise that already likes to choke. He'd make sense for the Phillies since he prolly makes them a legit playoff team while they have plenty of youth/potential in the pipeline to where Philly won't need Harper to be the best player on the team to contend.
    Yeah, don't really want him when I further looked into his stats this season, especially defensively. An abysmal -3.2 DWAR and -25 defensive runs saved, good for an overall 1.3 WAR. Puig had a 2.7 WAR this season. Bryce seems to be a reputation player at this point, getting chased by clubs because they hope he'll revert back to his Barry Bonds-level season where he was feared like no other. Pitching is outpacing hitting, so that ain't happening. I want a Lorenzo Cain type player, speed, contact, low K-rate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White Sox have the advantage since KB and Harper are butt buddies, imo.

I'm glad that Cubbies are not seriously chasing him. He's basically a slightly better offensive version of Schwarbs and I don't think the upgrade is worth spending s ing out 30 mil +

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Braves coming for the NL

1 starting pitcher away. Maybe reliever

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

yes

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Gotta sign Nelson Cruz now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Harvey to the Angels as projected starter.

Wtf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dodgers traded Kemp, Puig, and Wood to the Reds for Homer Bailey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dodgers traded Kemp, Puig, and Wood to the Reds for Homer Bailey.
    Freeing up space I guess to pursue a name. Looks like Harper might be Chicago bound. Huge hole in RF now (maybe they have faith in Verdugo). Puig is criminally underrated. 2.7 WAR in the 125 games, shuts down the running game with his arm, .830 OPS and seems to step up in the playoffs. Harper had like a 1.5 WAR this year and is a terrible defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Harvey to the Angels as projected starter.

Wtf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old but new news.

Angels agreed to terms with RHP Cam Bedrosian,

Nice signing, Fabbs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Padres finally spend some money.
    Instead they massively overspend on that bag Machado.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Machado. At least it was an FA signing and they didn't lose anyone in a re ed trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Machado. At least it was an FA signing and they didn't lose anyone in a re ed trade.
    Finally the stove got turned on. , long wait for anything to happen. He can be a got, but still an exceptional talent. Just have to hope he doesn't get contract lazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dads also got the most loaded farm system in baseball right now. Future is bright, Robz4000

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-padr...manny-machado/

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Once again with baseball ownership, stupidity wins out. It only takes one team to be stupid though.

Look at all the big 9+ contracts over the past decade or so to position players. How did A-Rod’s last few years of his contract work out for the Yankees? Look at the corpses of Pujols and Miggy as they wind down their longterm deals. Cano already got traded with his stupid deal. Stanton got traded what a year or two after signing for 13 seasons.

Owners should never go over 7 years. And even that is too long should the player get injured considering these are guaranteed contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again with baseball ownership, stupidity wins out. It only takes one team to be stupid though.

Look at all the big 9+ contracts over the past decade or so to position players. How did A-Rod’s last few years of his contract work out for the Yankees? Look at the corpses of Pujols and Miggy as they wind down their longterm deals. Cano already got traded with his stupid deal. Stanton got traded what a year or two after signing for 13 seasons.

Owners should never go over 7 years. And even that is too long should the player get injured considering these are guaranteed contracts.
    I agree. Production for hitters tanks after 30 in general. I think what throws a monkey wrench into all of this is the players union, though. If owners got tightfisted and started to refuse long term contracts, we'd probably see a strike.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Bryce Harper is the most overrated player of this generation and I can't wait to see who's gonna throw 320M at him.

The Nats have a better outfielder than Bryce on their own team. Juan Soto is better. I'm not kidding.

Thread Information