Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Modern day millennial way of doing banking type stuff?
    Paypal has asked friends I know for their banks user and pass. It ended up ok.

Your internet security skills have any thoughts on this?

Here is a for-instance.
    Robinhood dot com
    Check them out. Free (or super low) stock trading. No commissions. For real.
    Not brand new, but fairly new. (BTW you get one free stock for signing up.)
    In the sign up process they want you to tie your financial ins ution into their system. Duh, only way they can make the buy and sell happen. You can sign up without tying in bank just to look/see. But if you want to have them buy and sell stocks or some Bitcoins, you have to tie in bank. Ok, so instead of just asking for your routing and account #s, they want your banks user and password. Well for f's sake they then have direct access to your account.

Or is that just way it's done with some places today (Paypal?). Therefore don't freak out over Robinhood dot com?

I will add that Paypal has (of course) a way to talk to a live person on phone, or direct email.
    Robinhood only has a FAQ page with drop down box. No person(s) to email, no phone calls.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So am I supposed to spend time doing this instead of planking? wtf

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Your group home director should continue handling your finances.

Planks yes you should continue!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    although I get your point.
    I gave FantasyPros the username/password to my CBS fantasy account so I could use their app.
    But now I'm super concerned that they might start trading or benching players on my team.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Cal Bears
    Don't know much about the actuality of it, but in this day and age pretty sure platforms like Robinhood or PayPal have contracts drawn up with Banks to use their third party API's to validate the username and pass without it being exposed to Robinhood and PayPal so they can withdraw funds from your account with your permission.

If you're entering your user name and password on some random form without any SSI or an interface that does not have your banks credentials on it then beware.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Don't know much about the actuality of it, but in this day and age pretty sure platforms like Robinhood or PayPal have contracts drawn up with Banks to use their third party API's to validate the username and pass without it being exposed to Robinhood and PayPal so they can withdraw funds from your account with your permission.

If you're entering your user name and password on some random form without any SSI or an interface that does not have your banks credentials on it then beware.
    10-4.
    Bank teller mngr tells me Venmo is also asking for ones own banks user / passer.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Your group home director should continue handling your finances.

Planks yes you should continue!
    Bend over, I'll in give ya a plank.

Thread Information