My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes not even top 10 in most list.

NBA.com has him 20 or something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably went to the wrong country knowing Jabari.
    Hope it wasn't Latvia!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope it wasn't Latvia!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If patty Mills continues to be on this team forget mvp, DeRozan will be put on suicide watch due to patty’s mean girls behavior, he knew what he was doing smh

Gonna need a larger sample size for this theory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is mostly correct, except Jokic should be bench and Aldridge and Paul on the fringe.

Even if Aldridge gets back to 85-90% of last season, this team won't be good enough to get 2 and DeRozan has the motivation that Aldridge had last season, plus the narrative going for him.

Also keep in mind, if Jokic, Green, Davis or Gobert is injured, the spot goes to whoever has the next most votes, which will probably be Paul or George.

As ever, Thompson doesn't deserve it, but will inevitably make it it because he's a Warrior (funny how that never applied to Ginobili and Parker simultaneously making it).
    Forgot about Jokic; which would definitely make it harder for Aldridge to make it, considering that he would have to beat out Green, Golbert, Towns and Jokic for one of the three bench front court spots. There is also the added fact that every all star game since at least 1998 has at least two new all-stars. He may lose out to Golbert and Jokic, especially if Utah and Denver are solidly in the playoff picture.

I do however tend to think that "the whole team isn't good enough to have to all-stars," line of thinking is a bit overstated.

Spurs in 16-17 and the Rockets last season were well on their way to winning 60+ games but both teams only had 1 all-star. Sometimes really good teams get 4, other times its 1, or maybe two (think 05-06 and 15-16 Spurs)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot about Jokic; which would definitely make it harder for Aldridge to make it, considering that he would have to beat out Green, Golbert, Towns and Jokic for one of the three bench front court spots. There is also the added fact that every all star game since at least 1998 has at least two new all-stars. He may lose out to Golbert and Jokic, especially if Utah and Denver are solidly in the playoff picture.

I do however tend to think that "the whole team isn't good enough to have to all-stars," line of thinking is a bit overstated.

Spurs in 16-17 and the Rockets last season were well on their way to winning 60+ games but both teams only had 1 all-star. Sometimes really good teams get 4, other times its 1, or maybe two (think 05-06 and 15-16 Spurs)

You're right, 2 can make it from a non elite team (Butler and Towns just did last season), but the margin for error is slim to none at that point.

Thread Information