San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clear message: TRADE DEROZAN.
    that’s not gonna happen bro, atleast for the next 2 years

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the starting backcourt is white and Murray, that means we have a backup back court combo of mills and Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the starting backcourt is white and Murray, that means we have a backup back court combo of mills and Forbes.

Neither mills/forbes should be starting though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither mills/forbes should be starting though
    I am just worried that with Mills, Forbes and Belli as our perimeter defenders when the SL sits, whatever advantage we build will be gone in a snap. Maybe we can try a small lineup of Mills, Forbes, DDR, Belli and Bertans
    Last edited by XDT76; 03-07-2019 at 04:43 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep,nothing special at disrupting passing lanes.You're absolutely right.

I'm not even gonna link you last years highlights,where he averaged 1.2 steals in 21 mins.Those are way too long.
    there are haters on both sides, and that's not going to change, just relax, it's a spurstalk tradition, only here you found people here saying that Demar was a better offensive player than Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am just worried that with Mills, Forbes and Belli as our perimeter defenders when the SL sits, whatever advantage we build will be gone in a snap. Maybe we can try a small lineup of Mills, Forbes, DDR, Belli and Bertans

Derozan won’t come off the bench..

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does Murray compare to Tony Allen?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White/Murray/DeRozan on defense; White/Murray/Forbes on offense, tbh.

You didn't answer my question. With Forbes/White/DeRozan on the floor, who's the SF?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't answer my question. With Forbes/White/DeRozan on the floor, who's the SF?
    According to the ESPN box score, it's Rudy Gay:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to the ESPN box score, it's Rudy Gay:
    LOL. I was waiting for him to say that. So if Gay is the SF, there's nothing to do but show two SG's on the floor and no PF.

Remember, his original argument was that we won't see White/Murray/DeRozan starting. The Spurs SL has been smaller than that for most of this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Murray becomes at least a respectable 3 point shooter, I don't see why him and White can't start alongside La and DDr. I love how White seems to be moving in slow motion yet is picking his spots so effortlessly, he is playing at a different pace then everyone and he has a great overall game. What a great find by the FO. Murray really needs that 3 point shot though and I'll chose to remain optimistic in thinking he can improve it and they both can be huge parts of the future and keep with the overall trend that the NBA is heading towards.

I understand that the bench defense would take a hit with both of them in the SL, but just keep in mind they aren't going to be playing the SL of other teams either so if they can be similar to the foreign legion of past, with good shooting and ball movement they should still at least put up numbers, and if not staggering minutes is always an option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. I was waiting for him to say that. So if Gay is the SF, there's nothing to do but show two SG's on the floor and no PF.

Remember, his original argument was that we won't see White/Murray/DeRozan starting. The Spurs SL has been smaller than that for most of this season.
    Mhh, where, when?

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray plays taller than he is... he's long (albeit lanky)... which is one of the reasons why he excels at rebounding...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there are haters on both sides, and that's not going to change, just relax, it's a spurstalk tradition, only here you found people here saying that Demar was a better offensive player than Kawhi

I don't think FkLA is necessarily a hater,and i'm not taking anyone's side in a non-existent,out of place argument like Murray vs White.
    I just saw a really BAD basketball take and i had to offer to my 2 cents on the matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was so excited to see Murray develop into a great player this year. That was literally the one thing i was looking forward to this year. But then his injury happened. Which guess what, has been a blessing in disguise for White. If Murray had never gotten hurt, do we ever find out that White is this good. Does he ever get the minutes that he deserves?

So anyways, it definitely not about White > Murray or Murray > White. Its can these 2 great defensive minded players play alongside each and make this team a legit defensive powerhouse again? And still bring the offensive game?

It will be very interesting to see what happens next year. I just hope both stay healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray plays taller than he is... he's long (albeit lanky)... which is one of the reasons why he excels at rebounding...
    How about White, Murray, Forbes, DeRozan and Aldridge?

An unathletic lineup gets quick pretty quick.

Let's face it, the Spurs have a ton of good choices going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mhh, where, when?
    Sorry, it was Skin27 who said that. You were the one who said, "White/Murray/Forbes on offense." and "Clear message: trade DeRozan".

After enough bad takes, my eyes begin to bleed and you guys start to blend together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about White, Murray, Forbes, DeRozan and Aldridge?

An unathletic lineup gets quick pretty quick.

Let's face it, the Spurs have a ton of good choices going forward.

IMO, DeRozan and Forbes on the floor together is a disaster, especially against starters. I just don't think a team can excel by trading buckets.

I watched Forbes on some plays last night, and he looked like one of those videos of a cat chasing a laser spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, it was Skin27 who said that. You were the one who said, "White/Murray/Forbes on offense." and "Clear message: trade DeRozan".

After enough bad takes, my eyes begin to bleed and you guys start to blend together.
    Seeing how you can't distinguish two different posters, I understand you not thinking trading DeRozan would be better for the Spurs in the long run, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, there's no question right now that White is the better player than Murray. White isn't good "for his age" or "shows signs of being good"... he's a high quality NBA starter. Murray isn't there yet, and if he doesn't get his jumper to at least TP levels, then he might never be.

but i still dont see this is a situation where we have to choose one. they can be the new manu/tp... stagger playing time, both effective in their own ways. i think there's potential for them to coexist as starters (and that would be a ferocious defensive backcourt), but its not going to work if derozan is on the team. so imo the white/murray discussion is a distraction from the real elephant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, there's no question right now that White is the better player than Murray. White isn't good "for his age" or "shows signs of being good"... he's a high quality NBA starter. Murray isn't there yet, and if he doesn't get his jumper to at least TP levels, then he might never be.

but i still dont see this is a situation where we have to choose one. they can be the new manu/tp... stagger playing time, both effective in their own ways. i think there's potential for them to coexist as starters (and that would be a ferocious defensive backcourt), but its not going to work if derozan is on the team. so imo the white/murray discussion is a distraction from the real elephant
    I could have easily made a thread with a le that reads: "I like the White/Murray combo for the future", but what's the fun in that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White's emergence at PG just makes it clear that the Spurs will need to start Murray at the 2 and use him as a combo guard.. Assuming Murray returns healthy, the Spurs need to unload DeRozan and get an additional young player/picks in return.. It makes no sense to have him on the roster at that price with our guard depth..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could have easily made a thread with a le that reads: "I like the White/Murray combo for the future", but what's the fun in that?
    you dont have to say they're equal. you can say white >> murray and still have murray on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you dont have to say they're equal. you can say white >> murray and still have murray on the team.
    Well, I said it in the OP:

FWIW, I like Murray and I think he will be part of our future. He just isn't better than White.
    But, as always, people only read the tle.

Thread Information