Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russ <3 fans talking about unplayable offensive players smh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did people forget how bad Dejounte Murray's offense is just because he hasn't played in a minute?

I don't think White has the mentality to be a star, he's way too passive and probably too old to change that, but Murray? He has miles to go just to become a playable offensive piece .
    Dude put up 21 shots on his third playoffs game, I don't think aggressiveness will be an issue going forward as he gets more and more comfortable. If Pop ever gives White the "forget about about the big 3, you are the big 1" speech, he will answer the call.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. DAF is starting to get to Chinook and dabom level of player evaluators....
    Wait, so you think Murray > White?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurfan talking about two PGs in the bottom half of league wide starting PGs instead of how to get a top 15 or even top 5 point guard like the team had the last three rings they won..
    Since both White and Murray are still young and developing, you need to take those stats with a grain of salt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is White's first playoff series. He'd probably do better if Pop had played him last season instead of sending him to the G-League. Murray will make a leap, I'm sure. We need them both, this team doesn't even have 5 good players to start right now, so I don't understand the discussion. The back up PG will always be, Patty "I throw the ball out of bounds in the last posession" Mills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... We need them both, this team doesn't even have 5 good players to start right now, so I don't understand the discussion. ...
    The White v Murray bit is easy to understand. It's junior high school girls arguing about whose boyfriend is cuter. That is all it is.

Lotsa little girls here.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, so you think Murray > White?
    Yes.

Murray only got his ass torched once last year and it was a fluke game by Lonzo. Other than that, he put some masterpieces together on that end of the floor. White otoh seems to get exploded on quite often and has become a norm. His advanced defensive stats are average as if you don't believe the eye test.

Instagram baller was a raw 20 year old coming in to the league so of course he was going to be a mess offensively. It also didn't help that he had to share his minutes with Fathead and a non contract year Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.

Murray only got his ass torched once last year and it was a fluke game by Lonzo. Other than that, he put some masterpieces together on that end of the floor. White otoh seems to get exploded on quite often and has become a norm. His advanced defensive stats are average as if you don't believe the eye test.

Instagram baller was a raw 20 year old coming in to the league so of course he was going to be a mess offensively. It also didn't help that he had to share his minutes with Fathead and a non contract year Green.
    Even if anything you said in terms of defense is true (it isn't), what about offense? What about Murray being a token starter, on the playoffs, that only played the first 6 minutes of each half?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team goes as D-White goes, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad we have both. Dejounte should be the starter when he returns and he still has all star potential. White will be our Manu leading the bench.
    To DAF86:

Ive just come to accept you and I have different eyes for these things. I was where you are at years ago. Maybe if you take this seriously, in a few years your eye for these things will develop. In comparison, objective knows his . This guy has great insights and really pays attention to detail.
    lol son. You should have taken the advice of the guy that knows better. Maybe, if you take this seriously, in a few years your eye for these things will develop, and you can get to where I'm at.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know you have no ing argument when you have to resort to bringing up rebounding and athleticism in a discussion about who's the better PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol son. You should have taken the advice of the guy that knows better. Maybe, if you take this seriously, in a few years your eye for these things will develop, and you can get to where I'm at.
    I am just laughing at my ass off that you did this... Glad you ignored the next line of that post. The post was mostly about how our young core would fit in, and as you can see, I was a big believer in White to compare him to a great player in Manu. That's so weird that a few posters NOW are posting how similar he is to Manu, isn't it? When I called it a year earlier? Are you becoming obssessed with me now?

I'm mature enough to admit when I'm wrong and acknowledged my eye develops over the years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has a lot of flaws in his basic basketball skills. He has potential but will really have to work on ball handling, BBIQ , shooting including layups, etc. This is what happens when someone is superior in high school and then rushed into the NBA,

White is a different story. He worked his way up through higher levels until he got to the NBA. He is still too passive on offense sometimes, but can play both ends of the court pretty well. Right now I would rather see him on the floor than Murray if it comes to that choice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Murray but let’s all be real he is not a PG and never will be he needs to be moved over to SG pretty much full time next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 years later and it is crystal clear now. White >>> Murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am just laughing at my ass off that you did this... Glad you ignored the next line of that post. The post was mostly about how our young core would fit in, and as you can see, I was a big believer in White to compare him to a great player in Manu. That's so weird that a few posters NOW are posting how similar he is to Manu, isn't it? When I called it a year earlier? Are you becoming obssessed with me now?

I'm mature enough to admit when I'm wrong and acknowledged my eye develops over the years.
    But I thought you were a master player evaluator and I'm years away from getting to your level. How is it possible that years ago I was better at evaluating players than you?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IM still going to say that if murray learns to play within him self he will be the better player. When he is not y but still has confidence he is a good player. If he gets to down and loses confidence then he plays timid it shows. I am glad they are both on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s going on his 4th (5th) year in the system and people still keep talking about his “potential.” While guys like Derrick and even the rookie Keldon are finding their niche in the NBA. At what point with Murray do we stop giving him a pass for coming off an injury or believing in his potential and just realize he isn’t as good as he or his fans advertised.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I thought you were a master player evaluator and I'm years away from getting to your level. How is it possible that years ago I was better at evaluating players than you?
    Yep, you are. Give it up, dude. All you said here was that White > Derrick which pretty much any 5 year old can do. You cant articulate why. For all we know, you came away with this conclusion because White is your favorite color. You lack any depth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white looked great down the stretch and in the playoffs last season, then he looked timid and ty for the early part of this year, only to ramp things back up during the bubble.

he's a demonstrably better player than Murray at this point, but both of their improved outside shooting tells me they can start together, even if murray plays more of a SG role. their defensive upside together is monstrous

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, you are. Give it up, dude. All you said here was that White > Derrick which pretty much any 5 year old can do. You cant articulate why. For all we know, you came away with this conclusion because White is your favorite color. You lack any depth.
    Apparently not when I posted this, hence all the backlash I got. Maybe you should have asked a 5 year old for advice so that you wouldn't say that White should be Murray's backup because Dejounte has "all-star" potential, tbh.

And you wanna know why White is better? Because he's a better shooter, a better passer, a better finisher, a better defender and a more intellegent player all around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white looked great down the stretch and in the playoffs last season, then he looked timid and ty for the early part of this year, only to ramp things back up during the bubble.

he's a demonstrably better player than Murray at this point, but both of their improved outside shooting tells me they can start together, even if murray plays more of a SG role. their defensive upside together is monstrous
    Probably because our coach thought it would be better to make him a bench player again in favour of a half-baked product that is not near as good as him. Not only did Pop made White a reserve again, he only gave Derrick 20 minutes per game. If you told me Pop gave him the Manu 6th man role with 30 mpg then fine, but, no, not even that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently not when I posted this, hence all the backlash I got. Maybe you should have asked a 5 year old for advice so that you wouldn't say that White should be Murray's backup because Dejounte has "all-star" potential, tbh.

And you wanna know why White is better? Because he's a better shooter, a better passer, a better finisher, a better defender and a more intellegent player all around.
    I never said White was better or that because hes the backup that he's worse than Murray. This is idiotic. Was Manu better than the player who started over him? yes.

I keep saying I'm done with your illogical ass but you're a pest, man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said White was better or that because hes the backup that he's worse than Murray. This is idiotic. Was Manu better than the player who started over him? yes.

I keep saying I'm done with your illogical ass but you're a pest, man
    I'm the illogical one?

I only bumped this because you started acting all y and and tried to patronize me just because I didn't agree with you on the analysis of some young guys that neither of us have seen play enough. If you are going to be a petty , I can be one too, but at least I'm going to provide actual results.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm the illogical one?

I only bumped this because you started acting all y and and tried to patronize me just because I didn't agree with you on the analysis of some young guys that neither of us have seen play enough. If you are going to be a petty , I can be one too, but at least I'm going to provide actual results.
    Nah breh go yourself. No ones being petty, but someone is being a pest -- that's you

Its not my fault you have some casual ass takes and have an argumentative nature

Thread Information