Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White makes good decisions, he has great patience in the paint, and can change speeds. He has a leg up on Murray in all three of those. And just as a little bonus, White's EFG% is .535, compared to DJ's .451 last year. White's not perfect, and Murray isn't a scrub. But White is now a better PG than Murray was. And he's done it for long enough that it's not a fluke.

I posted in another thread - White's DRtg since the ASB is 99 (before tonight). That's hard to do on a team that plays poor defense. Murray is a legitimately good defender. So is Aldridge. The three of them are going to be a force to be reckoned with next year. But White is the PG. You can't put the genie back in the bottle.

One Bad Ass MoFo SouthTexasRancher's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate to move Demar to the bench with that contract, but it probably has to be done. Start Murray/White. Move Forbes/Demar to the bench. Trade Mills and Belinelli.
    I could probably live with DD coming off the bench since he'll still get his minutes. My only problem is if he went into full meltdown depressed mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thinking this one game is the only indication for how consistent he's been playing the entire season. Spurs are already in the lottery this year without White. He pretty much saved them from missing the playoffs.
    Consistent isn't the same as "Insane" and while his D has been consistent, his offense hasn't...but I admit it is growing, much to my pleasant surprise. And if you want to play this game, what would happen with a full season of White and we're missing LMA. Wouldn't we be a lottery team then too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He made all nba defensive team already and he’s 2 years younger. Imagine White being 2 years younger and doing what he’s doing today. That’s what makes people like Murray.
    Ok, but none of that makes him better than White. It's fine to like Murray but he's not better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? He never stood out to me in that way. I don't ever remember thinking "damn he's really disrupting passing lanes". That's something I would say about nephew during his time here but not Murray. His rebounding is what has always stood out, and I think that that's what ultimately ended up giving him this undeserved reputation as some sort of defensive stopper.

White is better on-ball, better team/help defender. It's not even close, imo.
    Yep,nothing special at disrupting passing lanes.You're absolutely right.

I'm not even gonna link you last years highlights,where he averaged 1.2 steals in 21 mins.Those are way too long.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is a threat to White's development. And I don't mean that he's a threat to be the better player, I mean that it's very possible that White's role gets diminished and the starting PG spot gets gifted back to Murray no matter how well White finishes the season. that. White is just plain better and he is a joy to watch...why would any spurfan want some low IQ instagram baller instead?
    Both.

Will.

Play.

Together.

A LOT.

How can you not see that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, but none of that makes him better than White. It's fine to like Murray but he's not better.
    Sure, he’s not better than White who’s 2 years older - what is your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FkLA is just in I want to argue mode. He will wake up hungover tomorrow and apologize

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are both going to be good as long as they play to their strengths. White brings things to the game that Dejounte doesn't and vice versa.

And yes this will be the new Tony vs Manu when all is said and done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, he’s not better than White who’s 2 years older - what is your point?
    Dude, you're the one that quoted me after I scoffed at the suggestion that Murray is better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what it looks like. Stupid really. I think Murray is better but I'm not doing it at the expense of disparaging the other, which is what the Manu vs. TP debate deteriorated to.
    + 1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll take Murray and White over Forbes and Mills any day and all day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep,nothing special at disrupting passing lanes.You're absolutely right.

I'm not even gonna link you last years highlights,where he averaged 1.2 steals in 21 mins.Those are way too long.
    It’s a shame how he doesn’t even remember this. Must have never watched any games!! He’s living by the “What have you done for me lately” philosophy and it’s a damn shame. I’m excited for BOTH players. They’re gonna be a nightmare for opposing teams. Best defensive backcourt in the NBA. How can people not be excited about that? But noooo it has to be one or the other.. in idiots! I like both players. Both players will be really good. Guarantee Murray has put in a work. He’s passionate about basketball and that’s what a lot of players lack right now. He’ll be a major contributor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're going to pair them it's White and Murray not Murray and White, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s passionate about coming off like he's passionate about basketball
    FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s exciting to know who will start between white and Murray next season..there’s now way pop put derozan off the bench..tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned this even before White came on strong but always wanted to move Murray to SG but either way White and Murray are going to be a hand full on the defensive side. Can you imagine if we able to draft Thybulle..DAMN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s exciting to know who will start between white and Murray next season..there’s now way pop put derozan off the bench..tbh
    "Annd starting at small forward for your San Antonio Spurs... Demarrrrr De Roooozan!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Annd starting at small forward for your San Antonio Spurs... Demarrrrr De Roooozan!"
    its not gonna happen, unless pop decides to go small ball..

starting 5 next season would be:

white/Murray , derozan, Gay, aldridge, poetl
    or
    Small ball = white, murray, derozan, Gay, aldridge

remember derozan is better at sg and aldridge is better at playing PF..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are 9-2 in the last 11 games played with Derrick. Him and Murray together as combo guards is the future. They can both guard the 1-4 role and spot up from 3 when the other is running point. We will dictate matchup problems. This will be a breath of fresh air over the Parker & Mills days of getting exploited play after play after play after play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hot take # 0, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But yeah, I still like Murray. I like White/Murray more than White/DeRozan, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not gonna happen, unless pop decides to go small ball..

starting 5 next season would be:

white/Murray , derozan, Gay, aldridge, poetl
    or
    Small ball = white, murray, derozan, Gay, aldridge

remember derozan is better at sg and aldridge is better at playing PF..

Yeah, that's pretty much small ball by definition. Actually I think there were some games this season where White was listed as the SF. I think Gay is listed as a PF, even though he's been a SF his while career, and LMA is listed as a C. Right now White is unquestionably the PG, but Forbes and DeRozan are both on the floor with him. So who's the SF out of that group?

It's just some letters after the name in the p
    ositionless NBA. Look at it this way: would you rather see White/Murray/DeRozan or White/Forbes/DeRozan? I don't think the Spurs are getting a quality starting SF for the MLE. And I doubt that they will be able to draft a SF who will be ready to hop straight into the starting lineup. So I'm really thinking you'll see those three on the floor together quite a lot, except when they absolutely have to go bigger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's pretty much small ball by definition. Actually I think there were some games this season where White was listed as the SF. I think Gay is listed as a PF, even though he's been a SF his while career, and LMA is listed as a C. Right now White is unquestionably the PG, but Forbes and DeRozan are both on the floor with him. So who's the SF out of that group?

It's just some letters after the name in the p
    ositionless NBA. Look at it this way: would you rather see White/Murray/DeRozan or White/Forbes/DeRozan? I don't think the Spurs are getting a quality starting SF for the MLE. And I doubt that they will be able to draft a SF who will be ready to hop straight into the starting lineup. So I'm really thinking you'll see those three on the floor together quite a lot, except when they absolutely have to go bigger.
    White/Murray/DeRozan on defense; White/Murray/Forbes on offense, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clear message: TRADE DEROZAN.

Thread Information