My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ore-76ers-deal

“A number of NBA teams offered trade packages to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Jimmy Butler before he was acquired by the Philadelphia 76ers, and Jon Krawczynski and Shams Charania of The Athletic broke down the bids Monday.
    The Miami Heat proposed Goran Dragic, Justise Winslow and a draft pick in one deal and Josh Richardson and a first-rounder in another; the Houston Rockets went with four first-round picks, Brandon Knight and Marquese Chriss in an early offer and Eric Gordon, Nene and two first-rounders in their final offer; and the New Orleans Pelicans put forth Nikola Mirotic and an unprotected first-rounder.

The Sixers emerged, however, sending Robert Covington, Dario Saric, Jerryd Bayless and a 2022 second-rounder to Minnesota for Butler and Justin Patton.”

Mirotic and a 1st could’ve been interesting but Houston made the best offer. Miami’s offer was good too, wolves took the worst offer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would've made the Pelicans a legit threat. They'll never go far with that 3 guard SL. If only they pushed as hard for PG13 or Butler instead of Cousins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP all those players now sitting in a JITB parking lot reading this on their Twitters/Grams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all the reports of Thibs "high asking price"....I really can't believe they settled for Covington, Saric, and a pick.

Both are okay players...definitely not stars, but solid role players. But looking at what they turned down, I definitely feel like they could've done better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This trade becomes a plus if they can get something for Gibson he takes up too much space and takes away opportunities from KaT & Wiggins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gordon and the two 1st Rounders was much much better, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any SpursTalk insider info on what Craig Poplevich offered?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This trade becomes a plus if they can get something for Gibson he takes up too much space and takes away opportunities from KaT & Wiggins.
    Gibson is often way better than those two players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any SpursTalk insider info on what Craig Poplevich offered?
    Patty Mills, Pau Casol, Tony Parker, Matt Bonner, Becky Hammon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the do you turn down either of those Houston offers or the first Miami offer? I can maybe understand the four firsts since Thibs needs to win now and prolly wouldn't be around for most of those picks, but Gordon is better than either Covington or Saric and you get two firsts out of it. The Miami package with the best player offered in Dragic, a solid prospect/player in Winslow, and a first was much better than the Sixers' offer too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mirotic was the best deal. Guys averaging 20 and 11 and is a prototype stretch big for todays NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like they blew it. They need picks. Both Houston offers were better with Miami also better.

But it's the T-Wolves. They have the worst winning percentage in NBA history as a franchise for a reason.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Thibs take picks? Doesn't make any sense for him, he wouldn't even get to use them..

The 6ers deal was by far the best for what he wants to do..their team already has scorers and offensive players(Rose, Teague, Wiggins and Towns), they needed a high-level role player like Covington and Saric is a poorer man's Mirotic anyways..

When you give all the power to the coach, this is the type of you have to deal with..SVG did the same, he made win-now moves rather than looking to the future, it's what anybody would do with their job on the line..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Thibs take picks? Doesn't make any sense for him, he wouldn't even get to use them..

The 6ers deal was by far the best for what he wants to do..their team already has scorers and offensive players(Rose, Teague, Wiggins and Towns), they needed a high-level role player like Covington and Saric is a poorer man's Mirotic anyways..

When you give all the power to the coach, this is the type of you have to deal with..SVG did the same, he made win-now moves rather than looking to the future, it's what anybody would do with their job on the line..
    I wonder if Popovich feels like his job is on the line because he pulled the same in the offseason, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nah. Saric and Covington are alright, but the Wolves kind of blow. Maybe it cements the team together, but KAT and Wiggins are crappy building blocks and this squad isn't going to be that great. I'd take four picks from Houston in a heartbeat, especially for an overrated player like Butler. Houston's picks are going to become very valuable pretty soon. That CPaul contract is a killer.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

The 6ers deal was by far the best for what he wants to do..their team already has scorers and offensive players(Rose, Teague, Wiggins and Towns), they needed a high-level role player like Covington and Saric is a poorer man's Mirotic..

My thoughts exactly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US Sports trade system is one of the coldest s on the face of the Earth, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On paper, what the Wolves got is the ideal scenario to fit their starting lineup. They have a playmaking PG (in both Trague and Rose), a (suppossedly) star wing and a (suppossedly) star center. All they needed was a 3 and D guy and a stretch 4. They got that in Covington and Saric. Another plus is that they are young and would match Towns and Wiggings age window.

The problem now is seeing if Towns and Wiggings are as good as they were projected to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it comes down (a lot) to which team they were ok with improving.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Gordon and the two 1st Rounders was much much better, tbh.
    Why would they need Gordon at the back end of his career when they have to undersized gunners in Teague/Rose that Tyus Jones doesn't get any PT?

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Didn’t Minnesota have Bjelica as their stretch 4? Did they just let him walk in free agency?

So far this season, he’s looked like the greatest PF shooter since a prime Dirk. Now idk how the rest of his game is. But in today’s game, the rest of his game matters a lot less, specially when he’s shooting that well.

Thread Information