Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the thing is Pop has Derrick White handling the ball too much. When White handles the ball DeRozan is parked in the corner and he can't shoot 3s effectively. Now if DeRozan has the ball and White, who's a good 3-point shooter, is parked in the corner that makes way more sense and should be how they attack on offense. Even if White ain't open he can then put the ball on the floor and make a play
    This. White's return has hindered DeRozan's impact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay should be a starter
    Starting Gay in place of Cunningham and letting Bertans play the backup 4 and Dante play behind DeRozen seems like the obvious move.

Cunningham gets in the way in the starting lineup; DeRozen and Aldridge aren't threats outside of 18 feet and teams playing off of him don't help things

White-Forbes-DDR, Gay, LMA
    Mills, Beli, Cunningham, Bertans, Gasol

Beli definitely looks more trigger happy now than his first stint with the Spurs, it's looked ugly in large part because he's hitting only 32% on 3's and has even been missing open 3's in addition to taking a bunch of sketchy shots.
    This sounds about right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. It would appear that the White, Forbes, DD lineup isn't working. I look forward to seeing what kind of rotation Pop uses if he's confident that Gay is good to go. He was definitely a silver lining in Sactown. I'd like to see DeRozan back at the 2 and Gay as our starting SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp, thanks for the grades as always! Glad to have you back! Really missed your posts! Any who, it's really hard to put a finger on one thing of what is exactly wrong with this team. A couple of things that come to mind is the injuries that are causing lineup changes which could result in disrupting chemistry and rhythm. Another observation is this team's energy and aggressiveness. Of course, they need to come out the gate punching, clawing and scratching which is lacking in some of the games they've played in. In the games they lost, they come out flat and then try to turn the heat up when it's too late. I think that this energy will be determined by which LaMarcus Aldridge shows up. LMA (Lean, Mean, Awesome) or LA (Lazy Arse). DD10's energy is also been in question in some games, too. Perhaps it's because he's playing out of the 2 position and into the 3 position. I think he maybe more comfortable in playing the 2 position having the ball in his hands to facilitate and create. The big problem is the 3 position. Right now, this team doesn't really have anyone who is quick and athletic enough to effectively play that position, especially from a defensive standpoint to guard the perimeter and be able to quickly switch and move around screens. RG22 and DC33 seem to struggle with opposing lineups with athletic and quicker players. Also, this team must have an appropriate fear for teams like the Kings, who are up and coming, and are bringing their A-game against a team like the Spurs. Hope the Spurs bring their A-game against the Suns and the Clippers! GSG!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. It would appear that the White, Forbes, DD lineup isn't working. I look forward to seeing what kind of rotation Pop uses if he's confident that Gay is good to go. He was definitely a silver lining in Sactown. I'd like to see DeRozan back at the 2 and Gay as our starting SF.
    I am a strong believer in starting your best 5. There are few exceptions.

Thread Information