Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's terrified with other teams hating the Spurs/getting an edge against them. So anything remotely show-boaty like dunks, trash-talk or celebrations often seem to draw his ire. He's not going to actually bench a guy for dunking, but a guy who dunks and screams is probably going to get a talking to, especially if they have a shallow skill-set such as Dewayne Dedmon or Jonathon Simmons.
    that just seems like a speculative inference. there could be a myriad of reasons as to why pop isn't a fan of showboating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO suckers think we're tanking?

This roster was constructed to be compe ive and make the playoffs. Their centerpieces are 33, 32, and 29 years old. If the strategy was to tank then Drunkford is more clueless that I thought. Y'all can use Lonnie Walker's and White's injuries for all I care. Walker was never going to see playing time. Rookies never do and he stunk it up in the summer league. Derrick White is having the impact of a wet fart and is a horrible fit with DDR and LMA. Murray may be missed, but let's not forget the team had a .500 record when he started last season. Would those high scoring games this season have happened with him starting? Doubt it.

Bottom line: Senile PATFO have no idea what they're doing and their ass wipers should be IP banned.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's terrified with other teams hating the Spurs/getting an edge against them. So anything remotely show-boaty like dunks, trash-talk or celebrations often seem to draw his ire. He's not going to actually bench a guy for dunking, but a guy who dunks and screams is probably going to get a talking to, especially if they have a shallow skill-set such as Dewayne Dedmon or Jonathon Simmons.
    Anyone else remember Pop screaming his head off at Elson for draining a three during a playoff game? I think the Spurs were blowing out the opponent at the time and Pop thought it wasn't very sportsmanlike to run up the score like that lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that just seems like a speculative inference. there could be a myriad of reasons as to why pop isn't a fan of showboating.
    That could be, but look at the way Pop tries to be friends with everyone. He clearly cares about how much the NBA community likes him. It's either a conceit of his or a compe ive advantage. I think it's the latter, because Tim, Kawhi and Green were all defenders who didn't try to use chippy play to get in opponents' heads. The way they got their edge is by being cool and business-like. It was almost a cold, calculated way of guarding a guy, like they're shutting you down, but it's not a big deal to them. It's really hard for some people to feel motivated to go at defender who doesn't do anything antagonistic. It would be like being pissed at a wall for blocking your way as opposed to a security guard.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the term here. Why does pop hate dunking when that is considered to be the best efficient basket made
    Pop's built a team based around the least efficient shot in basketball. The 20 foot jumper. He doesn't care for efficiency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd say gasol and mills for sure have to go, in terms of what they offer and how much cap-space they tie up. i'd be okay with letting go of forbes and bertans as well.
    How can you watch Poe be complete and still think getting rid of Gasol is a priority? It can be a lot worse than Pau. The last third-string backup centers should tell you that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else remember Pop screaming his head off at Elson for draining a three during a playoff game? I think the Spurs were blowing out the opponent at the time and Pop thought it wasn't very sportsmanlike to run up the score like that lol
    Yeah. Especially if it's a friend of his on the other side, he'll often have his team take the 24-second violation to end the game rather than getting up a shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you watch Poe be complete and still think getting rid of Gasol is a priority? It can be a lot worse than Pau. The last third-string backup centers should tell you that.
    gasol is necessary this year because of spacing and his absence has been underrated this past week but if the team is going to start a rebuild it needs to do so by adding not just a players via the draft while hoping the current young crop yields an all-star or two. the team will have to add a veteran all-star as well and gasol's cap is still going to count, even if not as much, next season. now, i'm not sure anyone takes him but i would be fine with it. and i agree that poe is garbage.

Thread Information