Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dis got signed by the right team. He's averaging 5ppg in the last three games in 35mpg

He should really be thankful. He got signed by the one team that dont mind playing slow with less possession and less space.

Still how many players in 2018 average 5ppg and 35mpg?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about avg, but Kemba Walker had 7 pts in 35 minutes the other night.....

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    high basketball IQ
    Play within himself
    Control the pace
    Deceptive quickness

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle is a good playoff piece. Specially in clutch when you going one on one and you need the ball in a kawhi leonard type of player.

But man he aint surviving this league if it werent for the fact he played in both ISO heavy teams and slow ass teams ( spurs and Grizz)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's playing off the ball more than he ever did as a Spur (bc Spurs swing the ball side to side and he handled the ball a fair amount last season playing as a wing anyways)... Now he's strictly off the ball, and playing more as a big than he did on the Spurs (a result of injuries to Jamychal Green, Casspi and even Parsons), He has not been good offensively this year. However he is getting more comfortable with new teammates and has ended up fitting really well. Memphis is playing very well considering and aside from Conley and Gasol, they have a new developing scoring option in rookie Jaren Jackson.

Anyways... the Grizzlies snagged a gem in the draft in JJJ. He looked very very raw when I first watched him in preseason and he's definitely showing he's 19 at times, with too much fouling and some missed rotations, but wow he's crazy talented and has great tools to succeed. After seeing how well he's doing in a team that with a healthy Conley and GAsol is pretty decent... I don't really mind the Spurs falling off and would rather wish they got a high lotto pick... but c'est la vie with Pop still wanting to "contend" ...

Anyways, point is, the Grizzlies rook is pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    high basketball IQ
    Play within himself
    Control the pace
    Deceptive quickness
    what?

Banned
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    He's playing off the ball more than he ever did as a Spur (bc Spurs swing the ball side to side and he handled the ball a fair amount last season playing as a wing anyways)... Now he's strictly off the ball, and playing more as a big than he did on the Spurs (a result of injuries to Jamychal Green, Casspi and even Parsons), He has not been good offensively this year. However he is getting more comfortable with new teammates and has ended up fitting really well. Memphis is playing very well considering and aside from Conley and Gasol, they have a new developing scoring option in rookie Jaren Jackson.

Anyways... the Grizzlies snagged a gem in the draft in JJJ. He looked very very raw when I first watched him in preseason and he's definitely showing he's 19 at times, with too much fouling and some missed rotations, but wow he's crazy talented and has great tools to succeed. After seeing how well he's doing in a team that with a healthy Conley and GAsol is pretty decent... I don't really mind the Spurs falling off and would rather wish they got a high lotto pick... but c'est la vie with Pop still wanting to "contend" ...

Anyways, point is, the Grizzlies rook is pretty good.

He's a glue guy on defense still at least.

Banned
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    See how deceived you are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strange that he doesn't handle the ball more I would'v expected him to be signed as the backup PG basically and he can guard wings. He can't really play off ball that effectively bc he can't shoot but he's not a bad player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See how deceived you are.
    Memphis Girl

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

See that quick hand. Even the black mamba is a victim of it

Banned
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Strange that he doesn't handle the ball more I would'v expected him to be signed as the backup PG basically and he can guard wings. He can't really play off ball that effectively bc he can't shoot but he's not a bad player.
    The expectation seemed to be for him to fill a wing need that had been missing after Chandler Parsons was considered a bust.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle is 1 for 5 shooting the three this season. How the does this guy not get that he has to have that shot to succeed? Spurs were smart to not double down on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

See that quick hand. Even the black mamba is a victim of it
    this speaks more about defensive qi than about "Deceptive quickness," he has no speed or explosion, that's exactly the reason why his ceiling is limited, good for him in Memphis he is invited to do less than in SA on the offensive side, it's a perfect place for him tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did last year’s team make the playoffs? Really good defensively yes, but you had Aldridge with the ball in his hands and nobody really spacing the floor. Murray/Kyle couldn’t shoot, Patty Mills and Danny Green weren’t exactly knockdown shooters last year. How the did that starting 5 score any points

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this speaks more about defensive qi than about "Deceptive quickness," he has no speed or explosion, that's exactly the reason why his ceiling is limited, good for him in Memphis he is invited to do less than in SA on the offensive side, it's a perfect place for him tbh.
    Exactly. Great play but if Kobe had tried (he totally gave up) he could have outran Kyle and got in front of him and contested. Maybe Kyle still scores, but maybe not. Kyle 15 feet from the basket and a regular nba guy 20 feet is a push.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KA was good defending Yannis in the clutch road win though

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I miss something? Did he get traded back to the Spurs? Why is this in the Spurs forum?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Great play but if Kobe had tried (he totally gave up) he could have outran Kyle and got in front of him and contested. Maybe Kyle still scores, but maybe not. Kyle 15 feet from the basket and a regular nba guy 20 feet is a push.
    Maybe, Kobe did give up, but one of the things that Kyle is really good at is using his body to shield the ball. He's damn slow, but he makes it extremely difficult to get around his body to cut off his line to the basket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did last year’s team make the playoffs? Really good defensively yes, but you had Aldridge with the ball in his hands and nobody really spacing the floor. Murray/Kyle couldn’t shoot, Patty Mills and Danny Green weren’t exactly knockdown shooters last year. How the did that starting 5 score any points
    They didn't that's why after first half spurs had like 36 points

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props for mill still playing in nba as he gives up as much as he scores

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that he's playing so much and the Grizzlies are overachieving tells you that he's Indeed an impactful player. Defense is underrated in the NBA and Kyle is just elite at that end.

I'm a loser
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that he's playing so much and the Grizzlies are overachieving tells you that he's Indeed an impactful player. Defense is underrated in the NBA and Kyle is just elite at that end.
    He sucks in the playoffs dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grizzlies are now 10-5. He’s a key member if the Grizz rotation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information