Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played the 4 and 5 in College but he has good handles and can get to the rim and finish at a high rate. He is also pretty good at help defense and has a springy jump which helps in put backs, rebounds, and blocks. He is as someone mentioned a mobile SF/PF. I agree with some post that’s if he can improve his 3 ball he could become a good back up looking like a 10th man.

At this point I would rather go through young guys who may have a chance then old vets playing last year in league. Was really pissed as the Spurs should have had three or four SF in G League last year and this year.
    Or in Summer League or training camp. But that is all a moot point, now.

It says a lot that they gave Moore a two-way spot before Blossomgame. They really must not see him as a NBA level prospect or developmental project. I hope he eventually catches on with another NBA team this season, though.

I think Moore being further along as a three-point threat (even if at low volume) is what made them acquire him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again with the archaic positional designation. He should be classified as a big wing. Since he's a poor range shooter, I'd compare him to the likes of Hollis-Jefferson, Kidd-Gilchrist and (Stanley) Johnson.

The first two now play almost exclusively as nominal PF's and the third probably would if the 2 best players on his team weren't bigs, but they're still wing defenders. All that really means is, they longer play with two traditional bigs, so they don't have to serve as pseudo perimeter players on offense.
    So, essentially a combo forward ala Draymond Green (probably the best in today's NBA), the three you mentioned, Johnathan Isaac, James Johnson and Justise Winslow.

Obviously, his ceiling is much, much lower than all those players but if he works hard enough, shows enough progress and develops more of an outside touch could carve out a 5 - 10 year NBA career.

Eventually playing a similar role to Kyle Anderson would be a huge, huge win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he seems to have legitimate offensive skills, but he can also be a bruiser when he wants, spurs really need a guy like that, the question is if these skills can translate in the nba, but they're there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the signing.

It's good to see the club recognizes the weaknesses of the roster. Metu, Moore, Huestis? are supposed to add athleticism, rebound, defensive versatility and the ability to play quality, collective basketball. And they fit into the Spurs culture. Cunningham is barely ok as a starter (exceptionally and at SF but not at PF), Bertans hasn't improved enough in defense, Metu is too raw yet and only Gay remains really playable in both sides of the court in a Forward position.

It's interesting how the club is looking more and more for athleticism in young players (not more Forbes please). Moore currently looks like we would like Metu to look at the end of this season. Similar profiles IMO. Hopefully, Moore's game is more developed and mature than Metu's. There is a significant difference between them in terms of basketball experience.

I guess the plan for him is to start with the Toros learning the system and then progressively participate in practices with the NBA team until the coaches think he deserves an opportunity in a game. I think PATFO will try to speed up this process as much as possible. Given his profile, background and references, it looks like the Spurs think of him as a player that can help the team now and probably he signed being told he could have a real chance of playing NBA minutes.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was really surprised by this signing, as I was wondering why the Spurs had not brought anyone in for the 2nd spot.
    After reading up about him, he seems like a interesting prospect but he is clearly a tweener. He lacks size as well as bulk (he is listed as only 203 lbs). At that weight he is lighter than some small forwards. If he is a hustle/energy player, I am all for it., he can take Pondexter spot on the roster. The Spurs need an infusion of youth and hustle since they were relying on 40 yr old Manu as their energy/hustle player for the last 10 years.

One Bad Ass MoFo SouthTexasRancher's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What?! Why are you whining incoherently about the team signing a two-way player? I think finding a wing is more important, but clearly small ball 4 is an issue with Bertans struggling (thus far) and Cunningham as the only other option.

The two-way contract is made exactly for players like Ben Moore. Giving them a "chance" to make the NBA without costing teams' a vital 15 - man roster spot.

Ignoramus, that was TIC but, you're too stupid to grasp such a thing. Too funny, you thought I was serious about signing an elite 5' 4" - 140 lb. Class 1A F/C to a guaranteed 5 year, $50 million contract and make him a starter. Good grief you are stupid. You fit in the imbecile category. and at the top of the class. Get an education, bozo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you mean Anderson. Strangely enough the Spurs managed to turn him into a competent defensive player despite his lack of speed. The Spurs "system" may be grossly overhyped, but still, credit where credit is due.
    Spurs didn't turn him into a good defensive player... This narrative needs to die... If we had some magic formula, we wouldn't have so many bad defensive players on the team right now... Give players credit for their own skill and development... That's like saying the Bucks have some magic formula to make players like Giannis (who would have gone first in his draft if ppl knew how good he would end up being)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs didn't turn him into a good defensive player...
    Yes they did. Period. There is no honest argument to the contrary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's a "two-day" contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First 2 games with Spurs:

POS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A +/- OREB DREB REB AST PF STL TO BS BA PTS
    Ben
    Moore

26 4-9 0-1 6-9 10 3 9 12 0 4 3 4 0 1 14

POS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A +/- OREB DREB REB AST PF STL TO BS BA PTS
    Ben
    Moore

PF 14 2-4 0-0 0-2 -4 1 3 4 1 1 1 0 0 0 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PF? He barely weights 200 pounds. Probably smaller and lighter than Davis who already has issues a a PF... maybe a SF prospect?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played Center and PF in college he know how to bang in the trenches he is not scarred of contact. He has good handles and is able to take it to the rim and finish with no problems. As far as he weight I am pretty sure that was his college weight he added built and is around 220 now.
    Last edited by BackHome; 11-22-2018 at 01:48 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very Spurs material. Suit him up. Spurs need energizer and a glue guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying play Moore. He's better than Cunningham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just in case Ben Moore is the one that gets called up for the 15th spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks more athletic than our whole roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just in case Ben Moore is the one that gets called up for the 15th spot.
    Moore could have been called up any time, as a two way player. Both two way players do not count against your 15 man roster. They are limited on days with the big club, 45 to be exact, but Moore has 0, as far as I know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone with the complete article, please?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I don’t think he’s ever gonna be an nba rotation player. Hopefully he become effective in a Cunningham role

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope your wrong but Spurs have drafted PF and tried to make them SF and have failed. But we need a young guy like this is athletic and long which we desperately need to improve our defense I am hoping he is working with Chip as we speak. He has the right character and I think he will be given every opportunity to make team and be successful he just got to put in the work and just play ball

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did his shot improve?

Thread Information