Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Sun, Nov 18, 2018 Venue TV

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers better not suck today
    Then again who knows what to expect with this team. We are usually TERRIBLE in back-to-back games as well.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Ingram really needs to put on some weight. He's being pushed around like a bag of air. I remember when Bruno Caboclo got drafted, one of the guys of ESPN said he was two years away from being two years away. That is Ingram exactly.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    51 piece King ing James

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    51 piece King ing James
    We are so blessed.. To have him

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i'm done with lonzo bro

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron going all-out in November is puzzling, I guess he wants that MVP

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i'm done with lonzo bro

Done with him and Ingram.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9-7 with new scrubs. That is excellent.

people who think DurCan't is even in the same league.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The Warriors lose Curry and they aren’t more than a very good, very beatable team. The Warriors lose Durant and they wouldn’t miss a beat.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But, but ST led me to believe LeBron was a declining nba player working as a part time Hollywood producer. I'm confused now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i'm done with lonzo bro
    Not done, but very concerned and teetering...
    Part of me (fan) says trade him for another underachieving prospect... Josh Jackson?

Coach in me says he hasn't been developed get him with a shot doctor and skills coach... But I wonder if he is just mentally weak... But still early he has not even played 82 games

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Warriors lose Curry and they aren’t more than a very good, very beatable team. The Warriors lose Durant and they wouldn’t miss a beat.
    People still pushing this narrative like the last 3 seasons didn't happen?

Warriors without Durant = Choked a 3-1 lead, one and done champions

Warriors with Durant = Dynasty

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    People still pushing this narrative like the last 3 seasons didn't happen?

Warriors without Durant = Choked a 3-1 lead, one and done champions

Warriors with Durant = Dynasty
    Since KD arrived at the start of the 2016-17 season, Curry, Thompson, Durant and Green have played 1,921 minutes as a group on the floor, according to the powerful pbpstats.com database. During that span, the Warriors are plus-16.9 per 100 possessions with that foursome on the court. When people complain that the Warriors are unfair, this is what they’re talking about -- a plus-16.9 point differential is the stuff of legend. (For reference, only three teams in the past decade have crossed the double-digit zone for a full season: the 2015-16 Warriors (who won 73 games), the '15-16 Spurs (who won 67 games) and the '14-15 Warriors that won (67 games).)
    Now, let’s call back to Green’s outburst and examine the Warriors when we take Durant off the floor. What happens? Probably a big drop-off, right? I mean, the guy's an MVP, two-time Finals MVP and fifth all-time in career scoring average. Actually, without KD, the Warriors are still super dominant. Golden State is plus-14.8 in 672 minutes with Curry, Thompson and Green playing without Durant.

With Curry rolling solo, the Warriors are still plus-14.3 in 216 minutes of action. That’s without the help of an MVP, a former Defensive Player of the Year and perhaps the second-greatest shooter ever not named Stephen Wardell Curry. The offense scores 116.6 points per 100 possessions in these lineups, which would be the league-leading offensive rating this season. To recap, the Warriors go from plus-16.9 to plus-14.8 to plus-13.9 to plus-14.3 as you keep removing an All-Star from Curry. But as these numbers show, Curry is impervious. He's teammate-agnostic. For those that think Curry would struggle in another organization or in another system, it’s clear: He is the system.

Now, let's take Steph off the floor. What happens when Durant, Thompson and Green go without him? Uh, oh ... plus-4.9 in 591 minutes without Steph. So, you take Durant off the floor and the Warriors are still juggernauts (plus-14.8). But you take Curry away from the equation? They go from dominant to merely solid. What if we looked at what happens with a solo Durant? If he truly is a better all-around player than Curry, it would stand to reason that he’d be able to fill in more gaps without stars around him. Remember, solo Curry still obliterated opponents without the help of other stars. The scoreboard with solo Durant: Minus-0.5 in 417 minutes. Yes, a negative point differential. And that makes sense given the loss of starpower, but Curry has shown he doesn’t need others to win.

It gets even more stark when we isolate the Warriors’ four superstars. To fully capture the power of Curry, here’s the scoreboard with each Warriors solo act:
    Lineup Net Rating Minutes
    Solo Steph Plus-14.3 216
    Solo Klay Plus-4.3 402
    Solo KD Minus-0.5 417
    Solo Draymond Minus-2.0 209

Each one is playing around .500 ball in their minutes -- except Curry. For those that believe Curry wouldn’t be Curry if it weren’t for the stars and system built around him, it’s hard to make a case considering opponents can’t stop him no matter who is flanking him. Don’t believe these in-game lineup numbers? With Curry active and no Durant over the last three seasons, the Warriors are 24-3, outscoring opponents by 353 points for an average win margin of 13.1.

Remember when the Steph-led Warriors uncorked a 13-game win streak when Durant hurt his MCL in 2016? Believe it or not, that win streak is still rolling. In fact, the Steph-led, sans-Durant Warriors have won 21 straight games, with 16 of those victories registering by double-digit margins. There’s a pile of evidence that, for the Warriors, Durant is a luxury, not a necessity. These last few games are a reminder that Durant-centric teams aren’t nearly as dominant as the Curry-led formations.
    Yikes.

tl;dr: Steph >>> Durbeta.

Thread Information