Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd put Durant on there and not Westbrook or Harden? C'mon, man. That's dumb.
    Harden is a one way player and even worse he is completely worthless in big games. Westbrook is too much of a stat padder and plays like a moron. I don't like his game at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden is a one way player and even worse he is completely worthless in big games. Westbrook is too much of a stat padder and plays like a moron. I don't like his game at all.
    So what if you don't like them? They're both playmakers who can set up teammates. Durant is showing himself to be a one trick pony. Superior scorer but ing terrible at anything else, much less creating for others.

Harden and Westbrook are franchise players, Durant is not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what if you don't like them? They're both playmakers who can set up teammates. Durant is showing himself to be a one trick pony. Superior scorer but ing terrible at anything else, much less creating for others.

Harden and Westbrook are franchise players, Durant is not.
    So you just want to ignore that Harden is not a big game player? That he disappears consistently in the playoffs once the refs swallow their whistles and he stops getting so many food stamps from his flopping? Harden is no franchise player, no way in . I don't know how someone watching Durant consistently bust the Spurs ass in the playoffs could actually consider him a non franchise player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you just want to ignore that Harden is not a big game player? That he disappears consistently in the playoffs once the refs swallow their whistles and he stops getting so many food stamps from his flopping? Harden is no franchise player, no way in . I don't know how someone watching Durant consistently bust the Spurs ass in the playoffs could actually consider him a non franchise player.
    Bruh, 'franchise player' has nothing to do with the playoffs. It's a guy who can ing carry a franchise. Karl Malone was a franchise player and he blew it in the POs all the time. Durant is only good when he has a top end guard creating for him and taking pressure off. Otherwise he sucks. I'd love to see him try to run a team all by himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh, 'franchise player' has nothing to do with the playoffs. It's a guy who can ing carry a franchise. Karl Malone was a franchise player and he blew it in the POs all the time. Durant is only good when he has a top end guard creating for him and taking pressure off. Otherwise he sucks. I'd love to see him try to run a team all by himself.
    Durant was pretty killer in the Scotty Brooks isoball era. Don't try to tell me Westbrook created those shots Durant was burying the Spurs with. I can't imagine calling someone who sucks in the playoffs a franchise player. That's lunacy. You're telling me you'd want to build a team with Harden as your centerpiece?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant was pretty killer in the Scotty Brooks isoball era. Don't try to tell me Westbrook created those shots Durant was burying the Spurs with. I can't imagine calling someone who sucks in the playoffs a franchise player. That's lunacy. You're telling me you'd want to build a team with Harden as your centerpiece?
    Of course Westbrook was instrumental in Durant's success. Don't be ridiculous. Just look at Durant now. An older, more experienced player and he's completely lost without Curry.

Your ideas are just off-base here. Malone was a franchise player. He was terrible in the clutch. I mean, that's case closed. Harden is a franchise player. You may not like him, but he is. Chris Paul was a franchise player and he never made it past the second round. You don't seem to really understand what these terms mean and are just making up garbage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Westbrook was instrumental in Durant's success. Don't be ridiculous. Just look at Durant now. An older, more experienced player and he's completely lost without Curry.

Your ideas are just off-base here. Malone was a franchise player. He was terrible in the clutch. I mean, that's case closed. Harden is a franchise player. You may not like him, but he is. Chris Paul was a franchise player and he never made it past the second round. You don't seem to really understand what these terms mean and are just making up garbage.
    Franchise player is someone I'd want to build around to try to win a le. What part of Harden fits that bill? His playoff performances offensively? His complete inability to play defense? I don't know what your definition of franchise player is, but the 2010s version of Alex English isn't mine.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

You have some valid points but I won't lie, I lean more to Bum's side. Guys like Nique, CP3 and Harden are franchise guys. All of them led their franchise to unseen heights and deserve the accolades for doing so... But franchise guys that can be the foundation of a tle team is a more elite tier.None of these guys are that... I would have paid any of those guys, in their prime a max deal... But Bum is right you ain't winning a chip if any of those guys are your best player, and I loved Nique as a kid...but he just couldn't...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have some valid points but I won't lie, I lean more to Bum's side. Guys like Nique, CP3 and Harden are franchise guys. All of them led their franchise to unseen heights and deserve the accolades for doing so... But franchise guys that can be the foundation of a tle team is a more elite tier.None of these guys are that... I would have paid any of those guys, in their prime a max deal... But Bum is right you ain't winning a chip if any of those guys are your best player, and I loved Nique as a kid...but he just couldn't...
    Man you don't see Harden as a modern day Alex English? You can make an argument for Westbrook as a franchise player but Harden disappoints every single year in the playoffs and plays no defense whatsoever (while Westbrook can be elite defensively when he tries). I think it's kind of insulting to Dominique and CP3 to compare them to Harden. Could you see Harden outplaying Bird in a Game 7 in Boston Garden like Dominique did? Or Harden getting badly hurt and still carrying the Clippers over the defending champion Spurs in Game 7 while throwing the game winner over Duncan? Yeah, me neither.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys don't understand what a franchise player is. But whatevs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man you don't see Harden as a modern day Alex English? You can make an argument for Westbrook as a franchise player but Harden disappoints every single year in the playoffs and plays no defense whatsoever (while Westbrook can be elite defensively when he tries). I think it's kind of insulting to Dominique and CP3 to compare them to Harden. Could you see Harden outplaying Bird in a Game 7 in Boston Garden like Dominique did? Or Harden getting badly hurt and still carrying the Clippers over the defending champion Spurs in Game 7 while throwing the game winner over Duncan? Yeah, me neither.
    Alex English? What the , man. I get that you hate Harden. I do, too. But he's a franchise player if there's one in the league right now. Sure he's a ing cheater but that team is nothing without him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You guys don't understand what a franchise player is. But whatevs.
    I said he was a franchise player or did you not read my post?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think bums definition of a franchise player is very restrictive but on the other hand you can’t just say best player on a team level is a franchise player.

But where do we draw the line? We shouldn’t put the walls and Michael Adams as franchise players but on the other hand not everyone is a shaq duncan or MVPau.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it's going to come down to variations in the definition, but I would agree with a team like Denver making Nikola Jokic their "franchise player" because I think he is a guy you can surround with good players and challenge for a championship. Maybe he's not a top 8 player, but he's still a rare enough talent that meshes well with others that it makes sense to build around him. I'd put Embiid in that category now too. To me, Westbrook and Harden are like Dominique Wilkens-- good enough to guarantee your team wins lots of games, but also flawed in fundamental ways to make ringing doubtful. Given the choice to start a team with Jokic or Westbrook, I'd definitely choose Jokic.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 11-21-2018 at 01:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still remember when Washington signed Gilbert Arenas to that huge contract! One of my friends said: "you can't make the most immature player on your team the highest paid player on the team. That's a recipe for disaster." Nothing has changed in Washington...

Thread Information