My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    spur fans trying to spin this somehow to feel better about this show
    Yep

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tatum still has the potential to be really good but he’s regressed after an offseason of Kobe telling him to chuck more.

Jaylen Brown was never anything more than a glorified Jamal Crawford who just had a hot shooting streak at the right time last year.
    Celtikkk fans blaming the Lakers for their problems is like David Dennison and Hillary's emails.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Celtikkk fans blaming the Lakers for their problems is like David Dennison and Hillary's emails.
    Not blaming Kobe, it's the Celtic's fault for encouraging Tatum to take advice from the biggest chucker in NBA history

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not blaming Kobe, it's the Celtic's fault for encouraging Tatum to take advice from the biggest chucker in NBA history
    Kobe is better than every Celtikkk that ever playedPERIOD. Pick any era - Kobe would bust they ass. Havlicek, Bird, Russell, DJ, Parish, PP, Reggie Lewis, Len Bias - he would bust any of theirs asses.

Lakers had a better trade package for KG too. Yet Lurch gifted him to Boston anyway. Verdict? 1 rang in the last 32 years! Meanwhile Kobe beat y'all in 2010, capping off a repeat (without Shaq). Moral of the story: STFU about Kobe.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Kobe is better than every Celtikkk that ever playedPERIOD. Pick any era - Kobe would bust they ass. Havlicek, Bird, Russell, DJ, Parish, PP, Reggie Lewis, Len Bias - he would bust any of theirs asses.

Lakers had a better trade package for KG too. Yet Lurch gifted him to Boston anyway. Verdict? 1 rang in the last 32 years! Meanwhile Kobe beat y'all in 2010, capping off a repeat (without Shaq). Moral of the story: STFU about Kobe.
    better trade package? Al Jefferson was better than anything the Lakers were offering at the time.

getting defensive about Kobe
    the Lakers since Jerry Buss died
    Magic Johnson
    Lonzo Ball

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    better trade package? Al Jefferson was better than anything the Lakers were offering at the time.

getting defensive about Kobe
    the Lakers since Jerry Buss died
    Magic Johnson
    Lonzo Ball
    50s les
    60s les
    Reggie Lewis
    Len Bias
    Kobe beat 4 HOFers in 2010

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wouldn't have done that, because that would have been career suicide.
    he did that all year las season

Of course he would have done that. Spurs had to get rid of this cancer

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Kobe couldn't even beat Pierce in 2008 and needed the refs and MVPau to carry him past Pierce in 2010.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't trade him and he loses a ton of money.
    What good does that do the spurs?

Stop thinking like a jilted lover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he did that all year las season

Of course he would have done that. Spurs had to get rid of this cancer
    He wouldn't have done it two years in a row. And if he did, he would have been legally obligated to stay with the Spurs for one more season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe couldn't even beat Pierce in 2008 and needed the refs and MVPau to carry him past Pierce in 2010.
    at you conveniently leaving out the fact that Baby Drew was hurt in 2008. It's cool tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It forces Kawhi to play, therefore giving the Spurs better trade options.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    at you conveniently leaving out the fact that Baby Drew was hurt in 2008. It's cool tho
    Oh, you mean the guy that Kobe wanted to "ship his ass out" for Jason Kidd?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Takes some of the leverage from Kawhi, and forces Kawhi, in a contract year, to play.

There were probably a lot of questions about his health, so they probably thought better to sell high. In hindsight keeping him and trading him like Minny did Jimmy Butler, was the better move.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh, you mean the guy that Kobe wanted to "ship his ass out" for Jason Kidd?
    Yeah, that guy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It forces Kawhi to play, therefore giving the Spurs better trade options.
    His trade value will crater after signing a long term deal. It’s very difficult to trade super max players.

Besides the spurs will be hesitant to give him Supermax money knowing he is unwilling to play anyways. It won’t be too different from the summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His trade value will crater after signing a long term deal. It’s very difficult to trade super max players.

Besides the spurs will be hesitant to give him Supermax money knowing he is unwilling to play anyways. It won’t be too different from the summer.
    What you say doesn't make sense. Kawhi had a year remaining, Spurs didn't need to sign him to anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you say doesn't make sense. Kawhi had a year remaining, Spurs didn't need to sign him to anything.
    Isn’t he done after this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's easy to spot the people who have never run a business. They make irrational, emotional decisions without regard to the future of the franchise. They'd hire or fire someone just to make a point, then go s up the next year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Blake Griffin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t he done after this year?
    Yes, but I don't understand your point.

My point is: Kawhi would have played, folks would have seen he was healthy and teams would be willing to make better offers ti the Spurs.

Why would Kawhi play? Because sitting two years of his prime is career suicide. Also, there could have been a mutual agreement between Kawhi and Pop. "You want to get traded and we want to concede your wish, but right now we aren't getting anything good. Start the season with us, remind everyone how good you are and we would be able to move you".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's easy to spot the people who have never run a business. They make irrational, emotional decisions without regard to the future of the franchise. They'd hire or fire someone just to make a point, then go s up the next year.
    I run a considerable successful business son. Do you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I run a considerable successful business son. Do you?
    You felt called out for some reason.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Busted!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because I was called "a jilted lover" for saying I wouldn't trade Kawhi, on this very same thread. I was literally called out for being "irrational and emotional". Try to keep up.

Thread Information