My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Bye got

One less racist in the world

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    When I see the name MnNair and the Oilers logo, I think of Steve. That guy was pretty cool

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    One less racist in the world
    Without Daddy McNair's paychecks, how many black athletes would be rotting in jail today or in a grave? Thousands?

Post Count
    Without Daddy McNair's paychecks, how many black athletes would be rotting in jail today or in a grave? Thousands?
    Man they would be worthless..how bad would it be tho?..would they be as worthless as Poland in World War 2?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Man they would be worthless..how bad would it be tho?..would they be as worthless as Poland in World War 2?
    Americans commenting on WW2

Poles in the 'Battle of Britain' alone was more influential to Nazis defeat than anything you did. We fought in the West, the East and the South. Against the Wehrmacht finest. You got your ass handed by Hitler Youth, teenagers and children.

"Americans were viewed as mediocre soldiers who only got anywhere by having unlimited quan ies of everything. German junior ranks were quite blunt in expressing this: “We had no respect whatever for the American soldier.”

Forever dumb and lazy. And now also brown.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 11-24-2018 at 05:28 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    He triggered snowflakes like the OP

RIP

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Good riddens.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Can we go back to the Oilers name? buy back the rights from Tennesee

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count

Poles in the 'Battle of Britain' alone was more influential to Nazis defeat than anything you did. We fought in the West, the East and the South. Against the Wehrmacht finest. You got your ass handed by Hitler Youth, teenagers and children.

"Americans were viewed as mediocre soldiers who only got anywhere by having unlimited quan ies of everything. German junior ranks were quite blunt in expressing this: “We had no respect whatever for the American soldier.”

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

America got its ass kicked by Germany and the Pollacks didn’t? You live in an alternative universe.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    America got its ass kicked by Germany and the Pollacks didn’t? You live in an alternative universe.
    We fought Hitler's best. By the time Americans rolled off the couch, the remaining Nazi veterans were all in the East attempting to conquer Moscow. The only Nazi soldiers left in France, Belgium and Holland were Hitler youth and Americans still struggled to advance. This is why 25 years later you were exposed by rice makers in Vietnam.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    We fought Hitler's best.
    And it only took 6 weeks for "Hitler's best" to push Poland's in.

By the time Americans rolled off the couch, the remaining Nazi veterans were all in the East attempting to conquer Moscow.
    Yeah no argument from me that Stalin/USSR played a much bigger role in defeating the Nazis than America did, however that's not relevant regarding your argument that ing Poland had more success against the Nazis than America did.

The only Nazi soldiers left in France, Belgium and Holland were Hitler youth and Americans still struggled to advance.
    Is this hyperbole or are you seriously trying to claim that all of the troops on the Western front were Hitler youth? I wasn't aware that Erwin Rommel was a Hitler youth commander.

I'm also confused about America "struggling to advance". The war with Germany was over less than a year after D-day, and outside of Market Garden / The Battle of the Bulge (which I'm hesitant to count since that was effectively just a failed German offensive), America never really "struggled" to push Germany back.

This is why 25 years later you were exposed by rice makers in Vietnam.
    Yeah, they got beat on foreign soil trying to fight guerilla warfare with tanks. It's not like America got invaded by Vietnam and was occupied 6 weeks after said invasion.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Yeah, they got beat on foreign soil trying to fight guerilla warfare with tanks. It's not like America got invaded by Vietnam and was occupied 6 weeks after said invasion.
    They also weren't allowed to actually invade North Vietnam (which would have been trivial to do otherwise) out of fear of provoking a war with China. The reality is that the US was set up to fail from the beginning because they wanted a Korea-like compromise without remembering that Korea only ended up that way because they were able to almost completely conquer the northern half first. Without allowing themselves to push into North Vietnam, they were never going to make the Vietcong stop fighting. It was going to just be about waiting until the Americans left.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    They also weren't allowed to actually invade North Vietnam (which would have been trivial to do otherwise) out of fear of provoking a war with China. The reality is that the US was set up to fail from the beginning because they wanted a Korea-like compromise without remembering that Korea only ended up that way because they were able to almost completely conquer the northern half first. Without allowing themselves to push into North Vietnam, they were never going to make the Vietcong stop fighting. It was going to just be about waiting until the Americans left.
    Exactly, Vietnam didn't even have a real purpose, it was a stupid war fought because of corporate interests. JFK was more or less tricked into it and was assassinated before he had the chance to reverse course, then LBJ kept it going because of interests that wanted him to (Monsanto, Dow Chemicals, etc.).

Post Count
    Dang that argument was over quick

Frostking put up about as much fight as Poland did back in the day here tbh

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    And it only took 6 weeks for "Hitler's best" to push Poland's in.

Yeah no argument from me that Stalin/USSR played a much bigger role in defeating the Nazis than America did, however that's not relevant regarding your argument that ing Poland had more success against the Nazis than America did.

Is this hyperbole or are you seriously trying to claim that all of the troops on the Western front were Hitler youth? I wasn't aware that Erwin Rommel was a Hitler youth commander.

I'm also confused about America "struggling to advance". The war with Germany was over less than a year after D-day, and outside of Market Garden / The Battle of the Bulge (which I'm hesitant to count since that was effectively just a failed German offensive), America never really "struggled" to push Germany back.

Grab a lawn chair

Polska was attacked by 4 at once

We retreated to reinforce Britain. Hence the "Phony War". We fought longer and harder than France.

Americas involvement with the other North American crew were honestly half ass. You weren't fighting for your land. Hence 'Battle of Cassino"

I stand by my statements

USA did more in WW1. By 2nd War it was calculated no durect fighting Nazis or Soviets. Polska battled both
    Last edited by FrostKing; 11-25-2018 at 12:13 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Grab a lawn chair

We retreated to reinforce Britain. Hence the "Phony War". We fought longer and harder than France.

Americas involvement with the other North American crew were honestly half ass. You weren't fighting for your land. Hence 'Battle of Cassino"

I stand by my statements
    Bend over, I'll in attack you by 4 at once.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll in attack you by 4 at once.
    We defeated Lenin's Russia, Teutonic Knights and Ottomans in our past.

USA: Independence, Saddam? Mexico?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Grab a lawn chair

Getting attacked in all 4 directions in and of itself isn't heroic. If they had gotten attacked in all 4 direction and fended said attacks off that'd be relevant to your argument, but they got attacked in all 4 directions and collapsed in a matter of weeks.

They also have themselves to blame for it. They were sandwiched between two economically and militarily superior countries, and instead of allying with one or both of them, they acted as a puppet state for France/Britain (two countries that were bending over backwards to avoid conflict with Germany and were never in a million years going to provide Poland with sufficient military aid) and ignored multiple warnings from Hitler regarding what would happen if they kept committing atrocities against the German population in the Danzig Corridor.

Poland picked a fight that it had no way of winning. That's not heroic and it's not a demonstration of strength, it's just ing stupid.

We retreated to reinforce Britain. Hence the "Phony War".
    Please site your source for this. I'm anxious to hear about how a bunch of Pollacks on horses were able to assist the RAF against the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain.

We fought longer and harder than France.
    I'm willing to bet that this probably isn't true but no reason to debate it since it has nothing to do with your original statement that Poland had better success fighting the Nazis than the US did. Your arguments are bouncing all over the place.

Right, America's involvement was half assed, yet it still played a bigger role in defeating the Nazis than Poland did.

I stand by my statements
    You "stand by your statements" without providing any specifics or details. Still can't provide any examples of how America "struggled" to push Germany back outside of Market Garden/Battle of the Bulge, how America was only facing Hitler Youth soldiers, or how Poland fought well against Germany. Your argument thus far has been a series of vague statements along the lines of "Poland fought against the best!" and "the American effort was half assed!"

The idea that Hitler didn't commit significant military resources to the Western front is laughable. He had arguably his best general (Rommel) in North Africa and also had Rommel in charge of the Atlantic Wall, something that Germany poured tons of resources into in order to avoid a direct western front.

USA did more in WW1. By 2nd War it was calculated no durect fighting Nazis or Soviets.
    Again, you have no actual backup or examples of this. The US sent thousands of troops to literally get gunned down by Nazi machine guns in order to create a Western front where they could fight the Nazis head on.

Polska battled both
    Yup, and once again, provoking a 2 front war with two of the most ruthless dictators in modern history isn't something to be proud.

We defeated Lenin's Russia, Teutonic Knights and Ottomans in our past.

USA: Independence, Saddam? Mexico?
    Yet again, you're going off on a tangent when your original statement was with respect to WWII.
    Last edited by Will Hunting; 11-25-2018 at 01:19 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Still bummed about Steve McNair, tbh.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Sad news. Record year for lost owners, tbh.

Thread Information