Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    he looked atrocious and there's no way to sugarcoat it. He's no prospect for anything, he has 0 upside.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    ... he was awful. Singlehandedly kept cleveland in the game..

... he was awful. Singlehandedly kept cleveland in the game..
    They went from a trash team to a playoff team just by putting him in..7-1 as a starter, only loss was against the best team in the conference..

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    They went from a trash team to a playoff team just by putting him in..7-1 as a starter, only loss was against the best team in the conference..
    yeah well, good for him, not hating on a young man earning his pay, but if you're a ravens fan you have to be hating the situation, because it's obvious he'll never be starter material and it will be hard to get rid of him now.

yeah well, good for him, not hating on a young man earning his pay, but if you're a ravens fan you have to be hating the situation, because it's obvious he'll never be starter material and it will be hard to get rid of him now.
    Do you have the same opinion about Watson as you did before?

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Dude STFU. It’s obvious you’re a typical Euro racist who probably throws bananas on the field during soccer matches. Dumbass.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    My opinion on him was that he was being suicidal out there and that he'd get killed by the end of his rookie contract. So yes, my opinion has changed, he seems far more cautious with his runs, although that may be because I haven't watched much houston this year.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Dude STFU. It’s obvious you’re a typical Euro racist who probably throws bananas on the field during soccer matches. Dumbass.
    I'm afraid racism is an american thing, it doesn't actually exist in europe. People like to talk about it more than anything, really.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Can someone translate the le of this thread to English pls?

Can someone translate the le of this thread to English pls?
    Michael Vick, a great running QB in his own right and holder of the single season record (1039) thinks L Jackson has the best chance to beat his record.

Damn near did this season.

Is that slow enough for you?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    watson has proven to be a capable passer... slim tebow is still playing exclusively read-option and RPO stuff. they also have an elite defense. there's still a ton of uncertainty about jackson's long term NFL prospects imo

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    http://theundefeated.com/features/la...ks-in-the-nfl/

Nice article on Jackson, though it does get into pla udes a bit much. There's a lot in there that some non-minorities wouldn't really identify with, but the basic idea that the NFL game is becoming more friendly to "monkey-ball" or at least to shorter QBs who run way more than the previous generation is salient. For years now, the NCAA has had little incentive to develop a style of play that works well to prepare players for the pros. Now, pro teams are just adding in more college concepts to make it easier to find success. Now we need the rules to catch up to where this style of play is more advantageous (and since the NFL wants offenses to win, this will happen if enough teams run this style), and we also need to whole mentality of what it means to be a QB to adapt. I can't see a guy like Jackson playing until he's 37-40 like some QBs are nowadays. I think his shelf life is early 30s, with the last couple of years being post-prime. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but in today's league, QBs get paid huge bucks and are seen as foundations rather than engines. If a foundation is compromised, it could mean tearing down the house. If an engine wonks out, you can just replace it and keep going.

If a team focused on developing running quarterbacks and kept a stable of three or four on the roster, the injury concern wouldn't be as big of a deal. Like sure, only Jackson is going to be Jackson. But you could run a lot of the same concepts with Griffin or Josh Johnson or Tyrod Taylor. It's not as effective, but how many backups are as good as the starters anyway? Pay QBs as the replaceable parts they would be in this system and give that money to the lineman, who are as close to foundational as anyone in this system. The players would still get big deals, but they'd be comparable to skill-positions players rather than the current idea of getting almost double what elite RBs and WRs get.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    http://theundefeated.com/features/la...ks-in-the-nfl/

Nice article on Jackson, though it does get into pla udes a bit much. There's a lot in there that some non-minorities wouldn't really identify with, but the basic idea that the NFL game is becoming more friendly to "monkey-ball" or at least to shorter QBs who run way more than the previous generation is salient. For years now, the NCAA has had little incentive to develop a style of play that works well to prepare players for the pros. Now, pro teams are just adding in more college concepts to make it easier to find success. Now we need the rules to catch up to where this style of play is more advantageous (and since the NFL wants offenses to win, this will happen if enough teams run this style), and we also need to whole mentality of what it means to be a QB to adapt. I can't see a guy like Jackson playing until he's 37-40 like some QBs are nowadays. I think his shelf life is early 30s, with the last couple of years being post-prime. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but in today's league, QBs get paid huge bucks and are seen as foundations rather than engines. If a foundation is compromised, it could mean tearing down the house. If an engine wonks out, you can just replace it and keep going.

If a team focused on developing running quarterbacks and kept a stable of three or four on the roster, the injury concern wouldn't be as big of a deal. Like sure, only Jackson is going to be Jackson. But you could run a lot of the same concepts with Griffin or Josh Johnson or Tyrod Taylor. It's not as effective, but how many backups are as good as the starters anyway? Pay QBs as the replaceable parts they would be in this system and give that money to the lineman, who are as close to foundational as anyone in this system. The players would still get big deals, but they'd be comparable to skill-positions players rather than the current idea of getting almost double what elite RBs and WRs get.
    this is such a seemingly obvious points that many teams seem to ignore. even for teams with pocket passers as starters... its mind boggling to see teams have backups that play so differently from the starter. it makes no sense to me tbh, as it throws a whole wrench into your offense that suddenly has to play so different. going from flacco to lamar worked out, but in the event of a midgame injury, you want that continuity.

its why it would have made a lot of sense for a team like carolina to bring along kaepernick as a backup, instead of whatever doofus they have backing cam up this year. i was frustrated with the raiders carrying EJ Manuel last year as Carr's backup. not because Manuel was abominably bad (he was bad, but was acceptable as a backup in his limited action), but because the offense had to completely change character. its why Jimmy G worked well as Brady's backup.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Raven is a chick iirc

watson has proven to be a capable passer... slim tebow is still playing exclusively read-option and RPO stuff. they also have an elite defense. there's still a ton of uncertainty about jackson's long term NFL prospects imo
    Which one is slim tebow?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Which one is slim tebow?
    Lamar

Post Count
    Lamar reminds me more of a slightly better Kordell Stewart verses a Michael Vick. Vick was fairly accurate as a pocket passer. Lamar has shown flashes, but some of his passes are Tebowish.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Lol. Benching Super Bowl winner for this scrub

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I don't know if it is Cower or Boomer that said it that the Ravens would move on from Flacco and go with Tavaris. I saw Phil Simms just shaking his head with a look like wtf are you thinking?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I don't know if it is Cower or Boomer that said it that the Ravens would move on from Flacco and go with Tavaris. I saw Phil Simms just shaking his head with a look like wtf are you thinking?
    playoff tds last 6 years:

lamar 2
    flucco 0

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

lamar 2
    flucco 0
    Guy who had a SB run, throwing for 300+ yds in each game leading a WC team > Tavaris Jackson II

But for what it's worth, Flacco may only have two-three good years left; Ravens not risking too much. They gonna be QB shopping soon enough either way.

hope and change
    Post Count

lamar 2
    flucco 0
    lol those were garbage TDs after the chargers took their foot off the gas

disgraceful that Baltimore made the playoffs with that level of QB play.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

lamar 2
    flucco 0
    What the are you talking about? Flacco has 6 touchdowns in the 2014 playoffs, that’s less than 6 years ago you stupid ing chimp.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What the are you talking about? Flacco has 6 touchdowns in the 2014 playoffs, that’s less than 6 years ago you stupid ing chimp.

Thread Information