Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    Baltimore ran the ball at a league-high 49% clip this season, but it came out against Kansas City and inexcusably tallied just THREE early-down running-back runs in the first half. The game script can't be a scapegoat either, as the game was well within reach for its entirety.
    Baltimore averaged north of 28 points per game this season and decided to abandon the run and derail the train that earned them the opportunity to host the first AFC Conference Championship in M&T Bank Stadium history.
    Conductor Jackson could only fabricate so much offense to make up for the complete incompetence of Monken and head coach Jim Harbaugh. It's borderline negligible and should be a fireable offense.

Jackson now faces similar criticism as AFC foe Josh Allen. Neither can seem to out-duel Mahomes, who has reached four Super Bowls and the AFC Championship in each of the six years that he's been in the league. Jackson and Allen are great, but Mahomes is on a tier of his own. And to make it a tougher task for any AFC rival to knock off Kansas City, Mahomes has a perfect football marriage with head coach Andy Reid – one of the greatest all-time offensive minds.

Jackson was swimming upstream in a total riptide on Sunday. He was alone in the water while the lifeguards were seemingly off duty. Before pointing the finger at Jackson during the offseason, let's remember that his coaches set him and the Ravens up to fail miserably in the 2023 AFC Championship game.

^

The Blame Game: Did Lamar Jackson fail the Ravens in the AFC Championship? (msn.com)

I have yet to hear a post game Monken interview with specific questions about abandoning the run.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Baltimore ran the ball at a league-high 49% clip this season, but it came out against Kansas City and inexcusably tallied just THREE early-down running-back runs in the first half. The game script can't be a scapegoat either, as the game was well within reach for its entirety.
    Baltimore averaged north of 28 points per game this season and decided to abandon the run and derail the train that earned them the opportunity to host the first AFC Conference Championship in M&T Bank Stadium history.
    Conductor Jackson could only fabricate so much offense to make up for the complete incompetence of Monken and head coach Jim Harbaugh. It's borderline negligible and should be a fireable offense.

[FONT="]Jackson now faces similar criticism as AFC foe Josh Allen. Neither can seem to out-duel Mahomes, who has reached four Super Bowls and the AFC Championship in each of the six years that he's been in the league. Jackson and Allen are great, but Mahomes is on a tier of his own. And to make it a tougher task for any AFC rival to knock off Kansas City, Mahomes has a perfect football marriage with head coach Andy Reid – one of the greatest all-time offensive minds.[/FONT]
    [FONT="][/FONT]
    Jackson was swimming upstream in a total riptide on Sunday. He was alone in the water while the lifeguards were seemingly off duty. Before pointing the finger at Jackson during the offseason, let's remember that his coaches set him and the Ravens up to fail miserably in the 2023 AFC Championship game.
    Basically saying he can't handle a pass heavy offense. Poor Lamar. I don't want to see another article then claiming how great a passer he's become then.

Basically saying he can't handle a pass heavy offense. Poor Lamar. I don't want to see another article then claiming how great a passer he's become then.
    You don't understand football strategy.

Blake and Harbaugh talk:

"sometimes you need to be willing to get big and run the ball" because the way things played out is "not going to win an AFC Championship Game."
    "When you look at the way the game played out, you can understand it from a football perspective but once you get through all that you come back — You want to run the ball against the Chiefs," Harbaugh said. "There’s no doubt about it and we did want to run the ball against the Chiefs. We weren’t able get to it."

Beezus it's like listening to Trump weaseling.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    You don't understand football strategy.
    you didn't even know a blocking penalty that occurs in the end zone while the QB is back there equals an auto safety. I'm not even sure you also knew that team has to also kick it away.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Blake and Harbaugh talk:

"sometimes you need to be willing to get big and run the ball" because the way things played out is "not going to win an AFC Championship Game."
    "When you look at the way the game played out, you can understand it from a football perspective but once you get through all that you come back — You want to run the ball against the Chiefs," Harbaugh said. "There’s no doubt about it and we did want to run the ball against the Chiefs. We weren’t able get to it."

Beezus it's like listening to Trump weaseling.
    So you're saying a head coach in the NFL AFC le game doesn't understand football strategy.

But you do.

So you're saying a head coach in the NFL AFC le game doesn't understand football strategy.

But you do.
    I'd be in the top 10% for sure.

Read the Rex Ryan quote.
    And then dance some more.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I'd be in the top 10% for sure.

If you ask me about football strategy I'll just dance.

When Patty has decent WRs, he wins super bowls and MVPs. Parameters applied.
    Who besides you and Chinook were blowharding about Bateman?

4 Baltimore Ravens we can safely call busts after the 2023 season (ebonybird.com)

Bateman recorded just 32 catches for 367 yards despite playing in all but one game, showing that he never quite took to Todd Monken's offense. With Zay Flowers coming close to approaching Bateman's total output in three seasons during his rookie year, it's becoming clear he never will be a primary target for Jackson.

The Baltimore Ravens must admit Rashod Bateman struggled mightily

It would be very foolish for Baltimore to pick up his fifth-year option, especially when they are paying Jackson big money and will commit resources to more productive young players like Justin Madubuike and Kyle Hamilton. There's a good chance Bateman's time in Baltimore is coming to an end.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

4 Baltimore Ravens we can safely call busts after the 2023 season (ebonybird.com)

Bateman recorded just 32 catches for 367 yards despite playing in all but one game, showing that he never quite took to Todd Monken's offense. With Zay Flowers coming close to approaching Bateman's total output in three seasons during his rookie year, it's becoming clear he never will be a primary target for Jackson.

The Baltimore Ravens must admit Rashod Bateman struggled mightily

It would be very foolish for Baltimore to pick up his fifth-year option, especially when they are paying Jackson big money and will commit resources to more productive young players like Justin Madubuike and Kyle Hamilton. There's a good chance Bateman's time in Baltimore is coming to an end.
    I've never once talked about Bateman. Not sure I even ever noticed his name in fantasy football.

But you and I both agree they shouldn't have been passing the ball any way when they have a great runner like Jackson.

I've never once talked about Bateman. Not sure I even ever noticed his name in fantasy football.
    You used to try to deny that Jackson has had mostly sub par or ever suck receivers ever since he joined team.
    You or Chinook commented on Bateman whom I was not high on when he could not stay on the field and even when he could.
    Mark Andrews has been mostly solid but choked in the playoffs and a few one possession games when Lamar hurled another of his 70% pass completion rate bullets to him.

You're probably safe with the Search feature out.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    You used to try to deny that Jackson has had mostly sub par or ever suck receivers ever since he joined team.
    You or Chinook commented on Bateman whom I was not high on when he could not stay on the field and even when he could.
    Mark Andrews has been mostly solid but choked in the playoffs and a few one possession games when Lamar hurled another of his 70% pass completion rate bullets to him.

You're probably safe with the Search feature out.
    Lol "I'm probably safe".

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    rashod bateman was the other first round pick you mentioned and he's 6'1 200

hes been hurt both seasons so far
    Glad you mentioned Bateman. Here he specifically speaks to the points you Jackson haters have been making all thread long. Addressing GM DeCosta:

i dont know why you're whining to me. ive been a supporter of lamar getting paid. you mentioned their FRP wide receivers being short and i brought up that bateman is one who is not short. i also specifically mentioned that he's mostly been injured
    Lol fabbs

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Thanks Google

Yawn.
    From article you posted:

Ravens didn't invest in wide receiver

"Ravens have invested the fewest cap dollars on offense and second-fewest on wide receivers since 2019. The results? The fewest receiving yards by wide receivers in three of the last four seasons."
    Thanks Google and spurraider21.

Have no idea while Blake is giggling over another of his strawpersons.

No problem. Just stay in hiding.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Thanks Google and spurraider21.

Have no idea while Blake is giggling over another of his strawpersons.
    I'm guffawing out loud at you. You're a complete idiot and jackass.

I'm guffawing out loud at you. You're a complete idiot and jackass.
    Translation:

"Prawk prawk I've got nothing."

Are you taking lessons from Thread?

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Why do you lie like this? It's just a football forum. Weirdo.

Is Mommy really his representative negotiating with executives
    Yes she was very involved.

5 years 265 million.
    185 guaranteed.

How's that work for you?

ravens have probably had the worst group of WR's in the league since lamar was drafted
    He gets it.

spurraider 21

Before Lamars 2nd MVP season:
    It's not even a question that Jackson's best years ( or the one fluke MVP year he had before teams had enough game film on him to be specific) are behind him.
    There there Ralphie.

My bottom line is that he'll probably be finished as a starter by 2021.... Or sooner.

Thread Information