Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Including being by far the most sacked and hurried QB last year.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    And the Ravens are slow in contract extension talks.

Sometimes the stats don't tell the whole story. There's also the eye test. Too bad because he's fun to watch.

And the Ravens are slow in contract extension talks.

Sometimes the stats don't tell the whole story. There's also the eye test. Too bad because he's fun to watch.
    Notoriously cheap Ravens would sign Lamar in 2 seconds.

He's repping himself and is in no hurry.
    He gets victimized again by their porous OLine and ball dropping receivers and he'll be the most prized FA since Brady.

Lazy Lamar Jackson criticisms are back, so NFL preseason must be soon (usatoday.com)

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Lamar’s slow play paid off. Former MVP and regular season magician who puts asses in the seats > serial perv and Call of Duty addict. Record-breaking deal without homework clause coming any time now.

Lamar’s slow play paid off. Former MVP and regular season magician who puts asses in the seats > serial perv and Call of Duty addict. Record-breaking deal without homework clause coming any time now.
    Sures seems that way.
    In the event he does not reup for 50 mil a year and the GM franchise tags him for this season and Baltimores support sucks again, would be 100 ballsy of Jackson to play out the season and be the prize FA.
    Photos and comments on this current offseasons workouts say Jackson is ripped.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Ya I think I'd take Lamar over Murray too. As they age both are dependent on their physical skills (Murray is limited in the pocket because of his height) but you'll never question Lamar's drive and focus especially as both become filthy rich.

My only concern is there is some truth to elite WRs being cautious about joining Baltimore. But there might be more to it like Baltimore has never prioritized their offensive weapons for sustained success.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 07-28-2022 at 12:08 AM.

My only concern is there is some truth to elite WRs being cautious about joining Baltimore. But there might be more to it like Baltimore has never prioritized their offensive weapons for sustained success.
    Not enough "muh touches"? Don't think so. Jackson has racked up 4500 multiple times now.

GM Decosta has made some very good draft picks in the past, including GOAT fg kicker, but the past 2 years he has simply the bed. We'll see how this years picks do.

Hasn't done to address the WR situation, unless Bateman rises above his simply average status. One of the newbs this year seems to have a lot of athletic talent, so we'll see. Still all a bunch of 5'11" shrimps, Decosta completely avoids height. No one who can fight for the 3rd down possession catch.

Wasted 4 years on 1st round pick *Hollywood* Brown, only to release him to the Cardinals after he caught 90 last year. What a ing waste of time and resources.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Not enough "muh touches"? Don't think so. Jackson has racked up 4500 multiple times now.

GM Decosta has made some very good draft picks in the past, including GOAT fg kicker, but the past 2 years he has simply the bed. We'll see how this years picks do.

Hasn't done to address the WR situation, unless Bateman rises above his simply average status. One of the newbs this year seems to have a lot of athletic talent, so we'll see. Still all a bunch of 5'11" shrimps, Decosta completely avoids height. No one who can fight for the 3rd down possession catch.

Wasted 4 years on 1st round pick *Hollywood* Brown, only to release him to the Cardinals after he caught 90 last year. What a ing waste of time and resources.
    Baltimore is unattractive destination for a skill position player for a number of reasons on and off the field. Probably going to be doing alot more blocking there than Arizona.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

"Mahomes said he wouldn't go as far as to say Black quarterbacks are evaluated differently than their white counterparts. But he did say he found it interesting that only Black quarterbacks are subject to certain types of criticism."

Oh no. What's Lamar accomplished compared to Jimmy other than a MVP won in large part because he was....a record breaking runner. There are other examples like Cousins or Goff. If your claim to fame is a revolutionary play style then shouldn't you expect the skepticism to this play style that has limited success in the Playoffs.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Steve Young:

“I can’t wait for someone to train Lamar Jackson in a sophisticated passing game. I think he’d be the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said. “But he keeps getting held back by the Ravens year after year because they keep doubling down on this [rushing] thing Lamar Jackson is great at. No question, he’s the best at that. But that’s not the championship football they need to play. That’s not what Lamar Jackson wants to be.”

Steve Young questions Ravens’ development of QB Lamar Jackson: ‘He keeps getting held back’ (msn.com)

More injuries. !
    What was their best running back will be out at least 5 weeks.

Ravens RB Gus Edwards (knee) placed on reserve/PUP list, will miss at least first four weeks of season (nfl.com)

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm guessing that that means they're expecting Hill to be good to go pretty soon. They still have Hill. Mike Davis (meh). And Badie.
    Edward's YPC were great but I suspect that has to do with the system. Any of these guys will be fine. Edwards was undrafted.

Looking to extend his Top 3 QB status another year......
    Jackson has bulked up while remaining ripped.
    Had been at around 205 for previous seasons. This year, 220:

245 / 165 is now the real bar.

Russell Wilson, Denver Broncos agree to 5-year extension worth $245 million, including $165 million guaranteed, sources say

Don't think LJackson or any other QB could hold their team to the joke Browns giveaway to Watson.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Looking to extend his Top 3 QB status another year......
    Jackson has bulked up while remaining ripped.
    Had been at around 205 for previous seasons. This year, 220:
    Not sure that's a good thing for him to be that big. Might slow him down some

Not sure that's a good thing for him to be that big. Might slow him down some
    Nah i trust he knows what he is doing.
    50% of a QBs totality in modern NFL is being able to stay on the field.

With Baltimore's annual failure to address WR positions and a questionable at best OLine, Jackson will once again be on the run and hit repeatedly.
    The bulk will help.

Should 2022 become another 8-9 stain it's best Jackson self preserves thus becomes the #1 free agent in 20 years.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Nah i trust he knows what he is doing.
    50% of a QBs totality in modern NFL is being able to stay on the field.

With Baltimore's annual failure to address WR positions and a questionable at best OLine, Jackson will once again be on the run and hit repeatedly.
    The bulk will help.

Should 2022 become another 8-9 stain it's best Jackson self preserves thus becomes the #1 free agent in 20 years.
    Yeah, staying on the field in the NFL, it's better to avoid the hit than being big enough to take it or give it. You're gonna shorten your career a lot faster

Yeah, staying on the field in the NFL, it's better to avoid the hit than being big enough to take it or give it. You're gonna shorten your career a lot faster
    On paper that sounds great. In reality:
    You put Princess Brady or any other immobile QB with this Ravens team and what's gonna happen?
    4-12 at best.

To your point, Jackson has gotten much better at going down after breaking a run and seeing there is little to no more yards to be had.
    If Ravens fail to protect him and drop passes again, we'll see if he can go to a team that allows him to pocket pass 1st run 2nd.

What?!
    So Baltimore can force him into another season after this season?

If the sides are unable to reach a new deal by March 7, Baltimore would have to place the franchise tag on Jackson to keep him from becoming a free agent. The only quarterback over the last five years to receive the tag was Dak Prescott, who eventually reached a long-term contract with the Dallas Cowboys.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    On paper that sounds great. In reality:
    You put Princess Brady or any other immobile QB with this Ravens team and what's gonna happen?
    4-12 at best.

To your point, Jackson has gotten much better at going down after breaking a run and seeing there is little to no more yards to be had.
    If Ravens fail to protect him and drop passes again, we'll see if he can go to a team that allows him to pocket pass 1st run 2nd.
    Again...this team's been built around Jackson to some degree. You can't just interchange QB's and say, "this guy would never work here". If they had Brady, they would have built differently.
    Ravens still ed up. Imo, they should have gone after great route runners that can get open and create bigger windows. Maybe Jackson eventually figures it out and becomes a good pocket passer. But his
    days of running are limited. I can't think of a small bodied running QB that had long term success in the NFL.

Again...this team's been built around Jackson to some degree. You can't just interchange QB's and say, "this guy would never work here". If they had Brady, they would have built differently.
    Ravens still ed up. Imo, they should have gone after great route runners that can get open and create bigger windows. Maybe Jackson eventually figures it out and becomes a good pocket passer. But his
    days of running are limited. I can't think of a small bodied running QB that had long term success in the NFL.
    You guys just don't get it with his passing.

His receivers have been average at best.
    Last year the TE Andrews stepped up, I'll give him that. Previous years meh. And specifically playoffs Andrews had some absolute key butterfingers.

OLine?
    Since 2018 he is the most hit passer, period. 737 times.
    No, that is not getting tackled after a run. That is getting harassed in the pocket by his Swiss Cheese OLine.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You guys just don't get it with his passing.

His receivers have been average at best.
    Last year the TE Andrews stepped up, I'll give him that. Previous years meh. And specifically playoffs Andrews had some absolute key butterfingers.

OLine?
    Since 2018 he is the most hit passer, period. 737 times.
    No, that is not getting tackled after a run. That is getting harassed in the pocket by his Swiss Cheese OLine.
    Are the WR average? Or did he make them average? Is the O-line Swiss Cheese or did he hold on to the ball too long? Agree that at first glance, it looks like he didn't have the right weapons. But Brown with Arizona should tell us enough about that.

Are the WR average? Or did he make them average? Is the O-line Swiss Cheese or did he hold on to the ball too long? Agree that at first glance, it looks like he didn't have the right weapons. But Brown with Arizona should tell us enough about that.
    1. WR is average. Brown will not be the tell all. Plus he was stuck with Brown for Browns 1st 4 years.
    Finally has a semi breakout year and catches 90 last year. If Brown catches 100 in a wide open Cardinal offense how in the is that going to be the determining factor on how he was with LJackson? Both on stats and with the eyeball test, Jacksons receivers the last 4 years have been average at best. Below average really.

2. OLine has had some brutal injuries the past years. The stats on hurries etc prove this.
    Jackson holding on too long? Please. He is one of if not the best at alluding the rush.
    Even Mahomes last year looked very different from previous years as his own Oline and WRs were not as good as previous.

I will give you he needs to correct the sidearm pass when it is not appropriate. Works great sometimes when under duress. On plays where he does have time to pass, should work on the classic 3/4th arm rotation pass.

Thread Information