Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    Two starts since Flacco went out.
    2-0 and looked like where he left off in collage as far as # of rushes and yards.

Vicks advice? Proceed with caution.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...roceed-caution

Y'all think Jackson can sustain this? Or will he be yet another quick out of the box rookie QB who flames out fast?

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    He’s not built to sustain it. But he’s too raw of a pocket passer to make drastic changes to his game.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Vick would know.

We all see it in every football game at every level. There go the receivers taking the defenders with them, here comes that pass rush and there are those big vacated areas just behind that rush. There is 10/15 yards before the defense can get back. That won't do Eli, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Carr much good but guys like Jackson, Cam, Dak, it's like Moses at the Red Sea.

You build the offense around a 4.3 sprinter at QB. Working off a pass first system, which will spread out a defense, leaving big holes all over the place. Holes a 4.3 guy will thrive in.

15 carries a game and he will need to be a master at the slide. A QB who can out run corner backs is a rarity.

If done right, the guy could put up massive numbers. The first time the guy gets macho (Jimmy G) ya let him know that is a big no no. you slide/out of bounds or hit the bench.
    Last edited by JohnnyZ; 11-28-2018 at 01:42 PM.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    We all see it in every football game at every level. There go the receivers taking the defenders with them, here comes that pass rush and Bathere is those big vacated areas just behind that rush. There is 10/15 yards before the defense can get back. That won't do Eli, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Carr much good but guys like Jackson, Cam, Dak, it's like Moses at the Red Sea.

You build the offense around a 4.2 sprinter at QB. Working off a pass first system, which will spread out a defense, leaving big holes all over the place. Holes a 4.2 guy will thrive in.

15 carries a game and he will need to be a master at the slide. A QB who can out run corner backs is a rarity.

If done right, the guy could put up massive numbers.
    Injury prone, shorter careers, almost always less accurate passers. I’ll stick with the pocket passers and let the running go to the new age type RBs like Kamara, Hunt, Barkley who can catch passes in space and get those yards without having to worry about my QB taking shots all game.

Injury prone, shorter careers, almost always less accurate passers. I’ll stick with the pocket passers and let the running go to the new age type RBs like Kamara, Hunt, Barkley who can catch passes in space and get those yards without having to worry about my QB taking shots all game.
    I totally agree. BUT....if ya spend a high pick on a mobile/runner QB....why?

This guy made it work.

I know, he was 6-4 225 and more strongly built than Jackson and those defenses nothing like we see today.
    Last edited by JohnnyZ; 11-28-2018 at 04:20 PM.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Already better than Flucco tbh

Already better than Flucco tbh
    No he's not guy.

From what I'm hearing the guys are all bought in on Jackson in Raven land. If he plays well this week will Flacco ever be back as the starter? I have always though what a guy with amazing speed like a Vick could do exploiting that vacant gap behind the pass rush and in front of the coverage. That will take a guy just like Jackson. I am talking a real effort trying something different.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    he looked atrocious and there's no way to sugarcoat it. He's no prospect for anything, he has 0 upside.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    he looked atrocious and there's no way to sugarcoat it. He's no prospect for anything, he has 0 upside.
    You still think Watson isn't a franchise qb either so who cares about your judgement here tbh

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    From what I'm hearing the guys are all bought in on Jackson in Raven land. If he plays well this week will Flacco ever be back as the starter? I have always though what a guy with amazing speed like a Vick could do exploiting that vacant gap behind the pass rush and in front of the coverage. That will take a guy just like Jackson. I am talking a real effort trying something different.
    Vick wasn't "a real effort at trying something different"?

You're a ing fat boob

Vick wasn't "a real effort at trying something different"?

You're a ing fat boob
    I'll go slow, you can do this stupid.

The speed of Vick dummy, ok?

Now think idiot, have we ever seen any team make a real point out of working off that vacated gap behind the defensive line and in front of the back defenders? No we haven't to the degree I'm talking about.

Dude, tel us al again how Dwight Clark is a TE, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

Flucco had no chance after Raven and Avante came out for him tbh

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    bust.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

Dumb considering Jackson has faced three of the worst defenses in football.

I'm not like the rookies who freak out game to game. I do go with body of work.

BUT....what is your take and I really am curious about the 2018 Cam Newton, the guy was doing the great, what happened?

As far as Jackson goes it way too early to get a real read on the situation.

13 rushes for 71 yards.
    More good running from Jackson.

KC escaped in OT.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    There's a great chance Jackson will break a leg

There's a great chance Jackson will break a leg
    Or he could be another Vick+.
    Had Vick been engaged mentally, and not slacking on preparation and in dog fights he would have been a dynamo.
    Still had a few kick ass seasons anyways.

Ravens 5-1 since Lamar Jackson took over, only loss coming in OT in Kansas City

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    slim tebow doing slim tebow things.

power run game and elite defense carrying the team. we've seen this before.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    No he's not guy.

Told ya he was you fat got

Thread Information