Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    Maybe you'll strike gold on drafting your next QB of the future this year. Will Levis is probably the best QB of this class. Fields just isn't a good enough passer or decision maker.
    No way they draft a QB this year. FO and the fans are all sold on Fields having what it take to be THE guy.

That being said, it is widely accepted that he does need to improve as a pocket passer. Next year is the time for him to show that, otherwise it's back to the drawing board for the most QB starved franchise.

RGIII responds to the spouter telling Vick to "put a brace on it"

Robert Griffin III responds to Michael Vick' - 01-16-2023 (prosportsdaily.com)

So which team is he on next?

Baltimore can match any offer.

Wish the 49ers would sign Jackson.

Unfortunately he probably is stuck in Baltimore unless some blow away offer comes.
    I don't believe Jackson is asking for fully guaranteed like Watsons.

JJ Watt Openly Asks The Question Many Are Asking About Lamar Jackson’s Situation (msn.com)

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    JJ Watt Openly Asks The Question Many Are Asking About Lamar Jackson’s Situation (msn.com)

Most those "QB needy teams" would need to completely revamp their offense to fit his playstyle. Which established Coaches even feel comfortable running such an offense. Not to mention this process/he is expensive. Almost every Head Coach that agrees to this trade is likely signing their walking papers sooner than later.

For established players these guys sure acting like this is Madden on Playstation.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    imo owners have colluded. all the owners were pissed at browns for giving watson a fully guaranteed deal. its publicly known that lamar wants one as well. owners are uniting to say that they dont want watson deal as precedent.

no reason for a bunch of teams to not even try negotiating with him

russell wilson cost 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and a few players (lock sucks, but harris/fant are solid players), while also getting a brand new fat contract. you cant tell me teams wont give a 26 year old lamar 2 firsts + a contract unless there's something else going on

heck, falcons were all-in on watson last year but suddenly have no interest in lamar? off

imo owners have colluded. all the owners were pissed at browns for giving watson a fully guaranteed deal. its publicly known that lamar wants one as well. owners are uniting to say that they dont want watson deal as precedent.

no reason for a bunch of teams to not even try negotiating with him

russell wilson cost 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and a few players (lock sucks, but harris/fant are solid players), while also getting a brand new fat contract. you cant tell me teams wont give a 26 year old lamar 2 firsts + a contract unless there's something else going on

heck, falcons were all-in on watson last year but suddenly have no interest in lamar? off
    Agree 100 with exception of bolded.
    Jackson himself has not said he wants Watson + all guaranteed. I'm sure he wants a lot and wny not, look what Daniel Jones just got. And Wilson.

Are the colluding owners floating the "Jackson wants Watson + all guaranteed" rumors?

Most those "QB needy teams" would need to completely revamp their offense to fit his playstyle. Which established Coaches even feel comfortable running such an offense. Not to mention this process/he is expensive. Almost every Head Coach that agrees to this trade is likely signing their walking papers sooner than later.

For established players these guys sure acting like this is Madden on Playstation.
    He's 45-16 of which a lot of the wins were with very average Baltimore teams.
    Certainly the last 2 years have been major issues, not only with roster but injuries.
    Entire strength and condition team was fired recently. Way too late? Sure seems that way.

WR Batemen flat said the plays are not designed to players strenth including LJ. And he commented on the conditioning teams sucking too.

Major problems, LJs style is sure as not the problem.

Many good coaches would do just fine with LJ.

The 49ers? A virtual lock for SB win with Jackson imo.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Commanders, Eagles, and Boys fans are pretty happy with the Danny Dimes contract. If they had signed LJ instead that would be a cause for concern. It's insane looking at both their numbers that he got that contract.

Agent talk about how large QB deals are really done. Seem to be keeping it real.

Lying, tampering and compromise: NFL agents sound off on Lamar Jackson mess (msn.com)

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Commanders, Eagles, and Boys fans are pretty happy with the Danny Dimes contract. If they had signed LJ instead that would be a cause for concern. It's insane looking at both their numbers that he got that contract.
    they could have franchise tagged jones this year and he would have been cheaper for this season. they could have then tagged him again in 2024 and he STILL would have been cheaper than what he's scheduled to be in 2024

terrible deal for them

the only reason for optimism is that Jones has had basically no help at the WR position since taking the job over, which has deflated his numbers. with that said, id rather tag and evaluate than just pay him under the assumption that there really is greatness there

Nicely done:

moar noise

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Is Mommy really his representative negotiating with executives

Is Mommy really his representative negotiating with executives
    eh NFL good old bois club is butthurt their agents aren't involved.
    Not putting too much stock in the mommy rumors.

That having been said ya i think he should have a snake agent.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Belichick should last hurrah trade for him.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Just a rough situation for the Ravens. What do you do with a QB that wins a bunch of regular season games, sells out stadiums, but deep down you know doesn’t have the arm to lead a team to a SB?

It’s a brutal dilemma, not at all helped by his injury history and the stupid Watson contract. A lesser franchise would accept this lot and ride Lamar until 30. Ravens are folding a full house because they know the other AFC powers have a better hand. Tough fold, but necessary.

^ could Buffalo upgrade with Jackson?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    ^ could Buffalo upgrade with Jackson?
    No thanks, we already have a guy who can’t win a SB, don’t need one who can’t win a playoff game

No thanks, we already have a guy who can’t win a SB, don’t need one who can’t win a playoff game
    Ya I'm sure Joe Montana would take this Ravens roster to a Bowl win.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Just a rough situation for the Ravens. What do you do with a QB that wins a bunch of regular season games, sells out stadiums, but deep down you know doesn’t have the arm to lead a team to a SB?

It’s a brutal dilemma, not at all helped by his injury history and the stupid Watson contract. A lesser franchise would accept this lot and ride Lamar until 30. Ravens are folding a full house because they know the other AFC powers have a better hand. Tough fold, but necessary.
    ravens have probably had the worst group of WR's in the league since lamar was drafted

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ravens have probably had the worst group of WR's in the league since lamar was drafted
    Yeah...I actually checked this as far as what Lamar's had to throw to. I didn't go through every team in the NFL but Jackson's have been pretty terrible. Marquis Brown may have been the best and they got rid of him.

Just saw a stat showing that Ravens are 31st in WR spending.

That being said, I don't think Jackson is a great passer. I think he needs big ass WR targets and/or great slot receivers that can separate.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah...I actually checked this as far as what Lamar's had to throw to. I didn't go through every team in the NFL but Jackson's have been pretty terrible. Marquis Brown may have been the best and they got rid of him.

That being said, I don't think Jackson is a great passer. I think he needs big ass WR targets and/or great slot receivers that can separate.
    hard to know until he actually has an NFL caliber WR group. right now all he has is a TE

The coffees on me porkass:

hard to know until he actually has an NFL caliber WR group. right now all he has is a TE

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Won't happen in Baltimore. They are already slashing the roster to make room for Lamar's current contract

Thread Information