Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    It should be said that Jackson isn't close to healthy right now. Whatever's going on with his back has hampered his running ability. This game's probably different if Lamar had more ability to escape pressure. He also fumbled in large part because he didn't have the speed to just walk in. I'm not sure if his back will be able to heal during the season or if this is just what he's going to be like.
    51 more vs Chargers. Jackson 7th overall in NFL rushing, still #1 in yards per carry.
    The 22 yarder to break Chargers pass coverage was great.
    Looked a little bit less injury hampered.

Bateman as a new WR. Not impressed at all. Can only get better so hoping it was 1st game jitters.

88 yards
    40 more called back due to a holding penalty.

3 pivotal plays that cost the Ravens in their loss to the Bengals - Baltimore Beatdown

And this: Missed it. Say it ain't so.

• Ty’Son Williams — Get up the field. It’s 4th & 15 and Williams’ had a lane to get the first down. He instead, watched Jackson shift around, planted his feet and went out of bounds early on a 4th down catch...
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 10-25-2021 at 10:21 AM.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    He had 12 carries. The starting RB had 4.

Is that really the game plan?

He had 12 carries. The starting RB had 4.

Is that really the game plan?
    The other RBs carried 12 times. Its RB by committee now.

Dude Baltimore just set the rushing record.
    Now do i like their playcalling? No.
    But to give the run to your best "backfield" player is a good strategy.

1. Ravens receivers still are subpar.
    2. They are never going to be a media darling. Brady or Mahomes bust a 40 yard run? You can bet there will NEVER be an offensive hold called. Ok just fantacise Bradys running.
    3. Ravens D got absolutely shredded.

Also see above for Harbaughs decision not to have Mr. Automatic kick a fg. Twice.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The other RBs carried 12 times. Its RB by committee now.
    Well yeah, Lamar = 12 carries, everyone else combined including WR jet sweeps = 12 carries. What is that? Is that really their game plan?

Dude Baltimore just set the rushing record.
    Now do i like their playcalling? No.
    But to give the run to your best "backfield" player is a good strategy.

1. Ravens receivers still are subpar.
    2. They are never going to be a media darling. Brady or Mahomes bust a 40 yard run? You can bet there will NEVER be an offensive hold called. Ok just fantacise Bradys running.
    3. Ravens D got absolutely shredded.

Also see above for Harbaughs decision not to have Mr. Automatic kick a fg. Twice.
    Jackson won an MVP. I'm not sure you can get any more media darling than that.

Jackson won an MVP. I'm not sure you can get any more media darling than that.
    Please. Let me know when he starts getting completely bogus PI calls.

As to the running backs, they had like 3 get injured in a short time. They ran very well last week but laid a total egg yesterday vs Bengals.
    Not sure if Super Jacksons back is 100% yet.

It should be said that Jackson isn't close to healthy right now. Whatever's going on with his back has hampered his running ability. This game's probably different if Lamar had more ability to escape pressure. He also fumbled in large part because he didn't have the speed to just walk in. I'm not sure if his back will be able to heal during the season or if this is just what he's going to be like.
    Should either of these malcontent / diva's be considered by the Ravens on the trade wire? (or any other team)

DeShaun Jackson
    Odell Beckham Junior

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Should either of these malcontent / diva's be considered by the Ravens on the trade wire? (or any other team)

DeShaun Jackson
    Odell Beckham Junior
    I actually think his receiving corps is above average. It's young, but the guys have talent. I wouldn't trade for either guy, though DeSean could be a good value add.

NFL record 12th career 100+ rushing game.

15 rushes of at least 5 yards, the most by any player in a single game this season.
    5.7 yds per rush to boot. 120 on 21 carries.

I actually think his receiving corps is above average. It's young, but the guys have talent. I wouldn't trade for either guy, though DeSean could be a good value add.
    Still seem too inconsistent.
    One thing that has to change if they want a snowballs chance to make the Finals is stupid penalties.
    Both potential game winning drives in regulation and OT were derailed by absolute re UNforced penalties. (Then the Lamar mega brain fart INT, i know.)
    Twice they were well in range of Super Tuckers distance and got penalized backwards. 's gotta stop. Ravens margin for error is not much vs better teams.

Worried the Ravens are going to continue to put way too much on LJacksons shoulders. Stand around and wait for him to bust another of his historic runs.
    If the dropped passes continue in the playoffs I'll lose it.

I actually think his receiving corps is above average. It's young, but the guys have talent.
    Pathetic last night vs Dolphins. They continually put far to much stress on Jackson by not making even the average catch. The catch-fumble by Watkins was a back breaker. TE who made the difficult catch -then bobbled it for incomplete- Ravens just never seem to pull off the harder then average catches either.

Also when you mentioned upthread LJacksons back, sure looked like he passed up some prime (for him) running ops last night.

68 yds on 17 carries.
    Still 7th place in NFL rushing. He's guarding some kind of injury tho, not sure if he gets above 1,000 but he may well.
    Most def injured as Chinook suggested upthread. Jackson had 10 yards of space and auto big gain when he settled for 14 yds and slid down. Previously he would bust that for a TD or at the least a big gain. Couple of Jacksons runs on the final semi-clinching drive to make it +6 vs +3 were fabulous, classic Lamar.

The Cleveland game will count as a *win but Ravens IQ continues to be sub zero.
    Passes hitting the hands and going for an INT, mega re penalties when driving for a TD or chip shot field goal......

This team is dumb. Yet they are 8-3 and #1 seed.

Might not get 1,000.

Injured early and out at Cleveland.

The injury to Jackson comes at a time when he has taken contact at a historic rate. Jackson is being hit an average of 16 times per game this year, the highest rate by any quarterback in the last 15 years, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Some calling Harbaugh a moron for going for it again.
    However, check out how open WR #5 is cutting across the middle.

MISREAD by QB, not a moronic call.

Should be in 1st few seconds of vid, if not look for the 43 44 45 second mark.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Baltimore's going to miss the playoffs barring a miracle. Lol Jaffar Jackson.

37-12.

Guess you can't catch Covid at home typing make believe trips?

Bump it.
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 12-27-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Baltimore's going to miss the playoffs barring a miracle. Lol Jaffar Jackson.
    Yep
    8-4 with him
    0-6 without.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yep
    8-4 with him
    0-6 without.
    Wrong... your tally adds up to 18 games and they've only played 16 and besides they won in Chicago without him already.

Wrong... your tally adds up to 18 games and they've only played 16 and besides they won in Chicago without him already.
    Son i had said Lamar was 8-4 when he was actually 7-4. And you're right, there are 17 games in this years NFL reg season, not 18.

This season was dreadful for the Ravens for injuries, Covid outs and moronic penalties in the Red Zone.

Ravens are 0-5 since he has been out.

His 37-12 record as a starter is better then any NFL QB in that time frame. I realize you are aware of his excellence and are disappointed he has not led yet another below average Raven team to the playoffs. I am too.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he missed 5 games and they missed the playoffs by 1.5

Keep Marquise Brown for 4 years, and when he finally cracks 1,000 yards on 91 catches.....trade him for ___ next to nothing?

Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta said after the season that the team would pick up Brown's $13.4 million option, but Baltimore never officially did.
    With Brown traded, the Ravens' top wide receivers are Rashod Bateman, Devin Duvernay, James Proche II and Tylan Wallace. So, wide receiver becomes a need for Baltimore.

So Jackson get's f'd by Decosta for yet another season with average -at best- receivers.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Since Jackson took over as the starter midway through the 2018 season, his winning percentage (.755, 37-12 record) ranks only behind that of Patrick Mahomes. Without Jackson, Baltimore is 2-5 (.286) over the past three seasons. -- Jamison Hensley

Thread Information