Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Ya I'm sure Joe Montana would take this Ravens roster to a Bowl win.
    No one said he would, I’m talking just a playoff win. Btw, this is the same roster that had the Bengals on the ropes in Cincy if not for a fluke turnover at the end. They probably win if he plays but he couldn’t bother being there for his teammates because “muh contract”

and before you spout some bull injury excuse, he was questionable for just about every game the previous month leading up to kickoff, holding the team hostage as a negotiating tactic.

Joe Montana would’ve played. Even Huntley was injured going into the game and he showed up. People will always make excuses for players like this
    Last edited by DeadlyDynasty; 03-30-2023 at 01:47 AM.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I think Lamar's being pressured by fellow black players. He's fighting something now. A meaning.

Hire an agent. Get off social media. Do a scripted interview.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Maybe both parties honestly want a separation before big money commitment

Lamar can go to a theoretical Cardinals and offensively showcase. Seems that is currently more important to him than Winning.

And that's understandable. Baltimore is unattractive for athlete and the franchise remains Defensive focused.

No one said he would, I’m talking just a playoff win. Btw, this is the same roster that had the Bengals on the ropes in Cincy if not for a fluke turnover at the end. They probably win if he plays but he couldn’t bother being there for his teammates because “muh contract”

and before you spout some bull injury excuse, he was questionable for just about every game the previous month leading up to kickoff, holding the team hostage as a negotiating tactic.

Joe Montana would’ve played. Even Huntley was injured going into the game and he showed up. People will always make excuses for players like this
    Good little owners suck up.

Lamar Jackson trade: Tyrann Mathieu defends Ravens' QB amid injury concern (clutchpoints.com)

Maybe Lamar would have played if he had the 49 receivers and roster.

Two decades later, Joe Montana is still dealing with painful injuries - CBSSports.com

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count

Lamar Jackson trade: Tyrann Mathieu defends Ravens' QB amid injury concern (clutchpoints.com)

Two decades later, Joe Montana is still dealing with painful injuries - CBSSports.com
    Lamar has missed 11 games the past 2 seasons at the most critical time, and held the team hostage last year for selfish reasons. Since his MVP season, in what direction would you say his career is trending, be it measured in individual stats or team success?

Is he injury prone or selfish, Fabbs? It can’t be neither…and regardless of the answer, you don’t give players like that fully guaranteed contracts unless you are the Drowns.

In Sunday's 49-13 rout of the winless Cincinnati Bengals, Jackson became the second player in NFL history to produce a perfect passer rating (158.3) in multiple games in a single season. The only other player to do so was Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who had two in 2007.
    you don’t give players like that fully guaranteed contracts unless you are the Drowns.
    Jackson never asked for fully guaranteed. That was rumor floated by colluding owners after the Drowns disaster.

Nicely done:

Lamar has missed 11 games the past 2 seasons at the most critical time, and held the team hostage last year for selfish reasons. Since his MVP season, in what direction would you say his career is trending, be it measured in individual stats or team success?
    Sure Ralphie,
    Mahomes, Joe Montana, Elway, Rothy, Marino etc would have done a whole lot better with this Ravens roster and playcalling the last 2 seasons.

Young: Lamar Jackson Can Be ‘Greatest Player in the History of the Game’ - Sports Illustrated

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Ok so you’re just going to blame everybody else for his shortcomings and playoff failures, right? If that’s your hill you wanna die on so be it. No sense arguing further with a fanboy

All throughout the year you cried and blamed the refs or his receivers. Despite being good enough to dominate the league in 2019 and go 14-2 he was embarrassing in the playoffs against 9-7 Tennessee, but that must be the teammates. Since then he’s injury prone and now a diva.

You can bump this thread when he’s on his new team and make some predictions. We all know what will happen from you though: new team, new excuses

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Exactly. Lamar is being pressured now. I think his legacy is changing the position / more so than being the biggest winner.

He should leave Baltimore & I think they want him to.

Exactly. Lamar is being pressured now. I think his legacy is changing the position / more so than being the biggest winner.

He should leave Baltimore & I think they want him to.
    Baltimores record his entire career without LJ is pathetic.
    They definitely want him to stay.

Any trade timeline would most likely be after the draft.

I think LJ would have to play all of this year and 2024 as a Raven to become an Unrestricted FA.
    Still wish 49ers would get him but no way are Ravens accepting their injured QBs in a trade return.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Baltimores record his entire career without LJ is pathetic.
    They definitely want him to stay.

Any trade timeline would most likely be after the draft.

I think LJ would have to play all of this year and 2024 as a Raven to become an Unrestricted FA.
    Still wish 49ers would get him but no way are Ravens accepting their injured QBs in a trade return.
    Why would SF want to pay for LJ? Shanahan has been great at creating offenses with a game managing QB. I can't imagine them wanting to put down that kind of money for Lamar.

Why would SF want to pay for LJ? Shanahan has been great at creating offenseLs with a game managing QB. I can't imagine them wanting to put down that kind of money for Lamar.
    Ya LJs potential salary, for that matter all NFL highly paid QBs...

Well here check it out. Virtually all of them do not lead to a Bowl or even playoff success.

Rank Player AAV
    1 Aaron Rodgers $50.3 million
    2 Russell Wilson $49 million
    3 Kyler Murray $46.1 million
    4 Deshaun Watson $46 million
    5 Patrick Mahomes $45 million
    6 Josh Allen $43 million
    7 Derek Carr $40.5 million
    T-8 Dak Prescott $40 milllion
    T-8 Matthew Stafford $40 million
    10 Kirk Cousins $35 million

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Why would SF want to pay for LJ? Shanahan has been great at creating offenses with a game managing QB. I can't imagine them wanting to put down that kind of money for Lamar.
    They couldn't afford it obv, but that team would be scary. Also happy NYG paid for Jones and not Lamar

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They couldn't afford it obv, but that team would be scary. Also happy NYG paid for Jones and not Lamar
    IDK. They pay Lamar and presumably Barkley. I don't know how they could afford getting him better WRs.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    IDK. They pay Lamar and presumably Barkley. I don't know how they could afford getting him better WRs.
    I think he is far better than Jones either way

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    saying "he doenst want fully guaranteed" but that rather he wants "more guaranteed than watson" is pretty funny tbh

im still astonished that there isnt a single team thinking "hmm let me get an mvp caliber player at age 26" though. thats pretty insane

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think he is far better than Jones either way
    Yeah but for Jackson money, I think they'd be screwed in getting him great weapons.

saying "he doenst want fully guaranteed" but that rather he wants "more guaranteed than watson" is pretty funny tbh
    Funny in the sense that Jackson never said such.

If otherwise then post.

Yeah but for Jackson money, I think they'd be screwed in getting him great weapons.
    Which team with a top salary QB has not been screwed by the QBs salary.

Chiefs?
    Bills?

Their core kinda sorta grew up with Mahomes and Josh Allen.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Funny in the sense that Jackson never said such.

If otherwise then post.
    lol lamar is never going to admit any of this publicly

baltimore doesnt have a track record of short changing qbs. they made flacco the highest paid qb in the NFL . they're not dumb. they understand they have no alternative at qb. they understand what the market is. they saw what daniel jones just got. i just dont think they're accepting the deshaun watson paradigm

lol lamar is never going to admit any of this publicly
    Therefore Jackson must have said it.

Fabbs "Move to strike your honor."
    Judge shaking his head "It's stuck. spurraider21 final warning, stop making stuff up."

Oh and you think the owners are going to reveal what they really say?

And to be clear i would think the Browns owner is now the turd in the punchbowl amongst the other owners.

You set precedence of top QBs getting fully guaranteed...... no i would not give Lamar Jackson fully guaranteed.

I'm aghast at these QBs getting 50%+ guaranteed. Freaking hundrew million bucks is insane.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    And to be clear i would think the Browns owner is now the turd in the punchbowl amongst the other owners.

You set precedence of top QBs getting fully guaranteed...... no i would not give Lamar Jackson fully guaranteed.

I'm aghast at these QBs getting 50%+ guaranteed. Freaking hundrew million bucks is insane.
    he absolutely is, and it has been reported ad nauseum that other owners were dogpiling on him at previous owners meetings

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It's not even a question that Jackson's best years ( or the one fluke MVP year he had before teams had enough game film on him to be specific) are behind him.

Not at all surprised that a gimmicky injury prone QB who's already on the decline & has been complete ass in the playoffs every time he's gone isn't getting the guaranteed money he wants.

Thread Information