Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So our bigs would be Turtle, Metu and Eubanks. Ooof
    There's not much else that can be done if we want to get both Porter and Beal without giving up Walker, tbh. I'd rather have a problem of lacking bigs in a league that's already trying to make them extinct while replenishing our back court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA, DeRozan and Patty for Beal, Porter and Mahinmi works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's not much else that can be done if we want to get both Porter and Beal without giving up Walker, tbh. I'd rather have a problem of lacking bigs in a league that's already trying to make them extinct while replenishing our back court.
    It’s funny how you don’t realize how lacking the front court is when you hypothetically trade two players. That squad would never get a rebound

We do have a plethora of midgets and players with medical issues though. Too bad there isn’t a market for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did they not approach the Wizards about this trade during the Kawhi saga? Smfh. Beal & Oubre>>>>DDR & Jakob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s funny how you don’t realize how lacking the front court is when you hypothetically trade two players. That squad would never get a rebound

We do have a plethora of midgets and players with medical issues though. Too bad there isn’t a market for them.
    I know what you mean but Poetl's rebounding has improved and Metu has the bounce to be able to crash the boards effectively given the opportunity. Porter is also a good rebounder for his position and grabbed 14 boards a week ago. I'm just throwing it out there. It's not going to happen, really.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did they not approach the Wizards about this trade during the Kawhi saga? Smfh. Beal & Oubre>>>>DDR & Jakob.
    The Wizards were optimistic about being a playoff team and darkhorse ECF contender. IIRC Wall wasn't fat yet at that point. If they trade Beal that's a sure sign of incoming tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not like Dwert was their savior but...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington would have no reason to trade for Mills considering he still has two more years (and fully guaranteed AFAIK) after this one and at a hefty salary. Gasol + Walker + White/Poetl + picks for Beal would work under the CBA and give them a ton of cap relief. Though gotta wonder if Washington wants to dump Beal. Wall is the one they really want gone.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think trading for Beal and Porter while keeping DD makes sense. You would either have to bring Porter off the bench, play him mostly at the 4, or have DD play PG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think trading for Beal and Porter while keeping DD makes sense. You would either have to bring Porter off the bench, play him mostly at the 4, or have DD play PG.
    as of now, for the way we are playing, DDR is already actually our pg....being Forbes the outside shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as of now, for the way we are playing, DDR is already actually our pg....being Forbes the outside shooter.
    Forbes is guarding the PGs tho, he's playing the position even if he's not a true PG. This is where DDR's lack of size & physicality on defense sucks tbh. He's such a flawed 'star' on both ends.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can play porter at the 4 most nights. Forbes, (or mills), ddr, Beal, porter, and poetl would be an interesting lineup. Pick up a buyout big or call up a G league gut for rim protection.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't have assets but a Beal for DDR swap would be ideal. I would throw in a draft pick & another player if necessary. The Wizards culture is really bad right now and their 2 best players don't get along. Wall's trade value is at an all time low and with that contract, forget about it. The Wizard front office are also incompetent so maybe in their mind, DDR would fit better than Beal given the relationship issues. Nevertheless, I put this at 1% chance of happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's trade anyone except Derozan, Walker, Murray, Gay and White for Beal, so we traded for Ariza after December 15 and then the dream of a certain poster will be realized even if by crooked means

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not like Dwert was their savior but...

Brokeback Dwert

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's trade anyone except Derozan, Walker, Murray, Gay and White for Beal, so we traded for Ariza after December 15 and then the dream of a certain poster will be realized even if by crooked means
    So take this bucket of and give us your best player...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"this is fake - we are set with Brynn. Beli & Patty"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade everyone except Murray and Walker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

haha yes we'll take one otto porter and one bradley beal to go please and you can have any 3 selections off our dollar menu...thank you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington will not trade Beal. They prefer to trade Walls. The will most likely trade Porter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington will not trade Beal. They prefer to trade Walls. The will most likely trade Porter.
    No one is going to trade for Wall unless they’re brain dead. They’re stuck with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is going to trade for Wall unless they’re brain dead. They’re stuck with him.
    Exactly. There aren't enough #1 overall picks to sweeten a deal to move that contract extension and the cancer that goes with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully they're desperate for cap relief, which the Spurs could provide with Gasol's contract. A Gasol + Walker + White + pick for Beal trade would save the Wizards a combined $48 million in committed salary over this season and the next two. I don't know what their situation is in regard to possibly being repeat offenders under the luxury tax, but if so that $48 million in committed salary could be much bigger in terms of actual dollars saved. That's the reason the rumors of the Lakers doing a sign and trade for LeBron never made any sense, because it would have cost the Cavs through the nose in luxury tax payments to trade for the Lakers crap assets.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 11-30-2018 at 02:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not unless the Knicks hire Isiah again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm fine with porter. his size fits more of what we need.

Thread Information