Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Beli is included in any trade, I'm sold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beal is just another SG, a talented SG, but still a SG. He wouldn't help us defensively and is not a SF.
    I don't watch enough of Beal so besides knowing he can shoot the 3, is he at least decent on defense?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never going to happen, but wouldn't make sense anyways..

This team doesn't need another star.. Aldridge/DeRozan aren't good enough to lead a team to a le, but they're still legit scoring options and this is who the Spurs are building around(and Gay as a complimentary scorer)..they should be surrounded by shooter and defenders..they need Danny Green and Robert Covington-types..

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao either I totally misread this or the subject was changed, sorry. I’ll see myself out Totally read it as Avery Bradley
    Me too that’s why I passed it by until today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This team doesn't need another star.. Aldridge/DeRozan aren't good enough to lead a team to a le, but they're still legit scoring options and this is who the Spurs are building around(and Gay as a complimentary scorer)..they should be surrounded by shooter and defenders..they need Danny Green and Robert Covington-types..
    Or Otto Porter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or Otto Porter.
    I don't even think Otto Porter is as good as Robert Covington and he's getting paid like 2 Robert Covingtons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why another scorer when the defense is the problem?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even think Otto Porter is as good as Robert Covington and he's getting paid like 2 Robert Covingtons.
    Yeah well, we already ed up the chance of getting Covington.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is way better than covington, look at their career %, plus he’s also a good defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm seeing a lot of Otto Porter love here and I figure it's bc people here haven't actually seen him play (the site isn't called wizardstalk). Porter is HORRIBLE for this team. He's like a Danny Green but getting paid $25 million a year. He has games where he makes you think hey he's good and worth a gamble but more often than not he will follow up those games with bad ones that make you think why are we paying him this much money? He's an ok defender but not a great one. He can guard role players well, but every star goes off on him like he's not there. He's an ok rebounder but not a great one. He's an ok shooter but not a great one. He can't really create for himself and has to be spoonfed a lot of times for his points. He doesn't get to the line like at all. He SHRINKS in the playoffs. Every single one of his stats go down in the playoffs. I would love to have him on the same type of contract that we had Danny bc he's a bigger version of him, but paying him more than twice that amount is just dumb especially when we can draft a SF this year that will essentially do everything he brings to the table but at a fourth of the price. Watch some Wizards games (difficult I know) and you will see that he IS NOT the answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm seeing a lot of Otto Porter love here and I figure it's bc people here haven't actually seen him play (the site isn't called wizardstalk). Porter is HORRIBLE for this team. He's like a Danny Green but getting paid $25 million a year. He has games where he makes you think hey he's good and worth a gamble but more often than not he will follow up those games with bad ones that make you think why are we paying him this much money? He's an ok defender but not a great one. He can guard role players well, but every star goes off on him like he's not there. He's an ok rebounder but not a great one. He's an ok shooter but not a great one. He can't really create for himself and has to be spoonfed a lot of times for his points. He doesn't get to the line like at all. He SHRINKS in the playoffs. Every single one of his stats go down in the playoffs. I would love to have him on the same type of contract that we had Danny bc he's a bigger version of him, but paying him more than twice that amount is just dumb especially when we can draft a SF this year that will essentially do everything he brings to the table but at a fourth of the price. Watch some Wizards games (difficult I know) and you will see that he IS NOT the answer.
    i think we're all just so desperate for anyone at this point.

so you are 6'8, a wing and come play some D, sign him up! lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Send Gasol, Marco, filler and a pick for Carroll and Faried. The defense would get better in a hurry, plus both are expiring contracts. Don't think other teams would give up much even though they are expiring, and the Nets will not take on long term salary.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    lmao either I totally misread this or the subject was changed, sorry. I’ll see myself out Totally read it as Avery Bradley
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tion-continues

Minnesota and San Antonio are two teams that one of the rival execs said would be interested in discussing a trade for Beal. For the Timberwolves, he would serve as a replacement for Jimmy Butler. For the Spurs, he would provide more scoring punch and a three-point-shooting threat—though such a move would necessitate moving DeMar DeRozan to the 3 or playing them in the backcourt together at times without a true point guard.

Gregg Popovich and R.C. Buford don't make panic moves. But given the Spurs' recent struggles, they are expected to be one of the teams that most closely monitors the Wizards mess to see if it's fixable—or not.
    I totally misread this thread as the Spurs were actually interested in Bradley Beal, not that some exec believes the Spurs might be interested given their recent struggles.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Aldridge isn't a star and Derozen is a bordeline all star ( would be a third option on serious contenders) but calling Beal a star

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge isn't a star and Derozen is a bordeline all star ( would be a third option on serious contenders) but calling Beal a star
    You're underselling DeRozan. 3rd options don't average 24.3 PPG. And as a 1 seed last year for the Raptors, he was their 1st option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're underselling DeRozan. 3rd options don't average 24.3 PPG. And as a 1 seed last year for the Raptors, he was their 1st option.
    ...and second team All NBA. There are 24 All Stars every year, plus injury replacements as needed. There are only 15 All NBA players. It's a higher bar to clear, and you don't get there by being a "borderline All Star".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    terrible post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way he has played this season, LMA is barely a rotation player. DeRozan is indeed a star - not a superstar, but a star. He also has a game, however, that is very difficult to fit other players around, and is pretty antiquated. I would flip him and LMA for Beal and Porter in a heartbeat rather than build around the games that LMA and DeMar bring to the table.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The same DeRozen that got benched in the postseaon against Cleveland for poor performance? Lot's of players can score but does he make teams better? Even on the days Kawhi sits out, Toronto doesn't miss a beat. He has some of the worst playoff advanced metrics you'll ever see from a supposed star. He's not even an average postseaon player, he's atrocious.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All-NBA players aren't borderline All-Stars

They aren't superstars, but clearly stars, and I say this as somebody that dislikes both..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is a fringe superstar, he's like at the highest level you can be without being considered a superstar imo. 2nd team All-NBA is definitely not a borderline All-Star though. You can basically say the same thing about Aldridge. He's a 6 time All-Star. 5x All-NBA. But clearly DeRozan is more in his prime currently than Aldridge. I think Aldridge just isn't a great player when the offense doesn't revolve around him but he's exceptional when it does. Obviously that can be problematic, but I don't believe it's really much of his fault or even an ego thing. I just think his game relies on rhythm and when he doesn't get a lot of shots up all of a sudden he's no longer an elite midrange shooter. The only thing I could ask of Aldridge is to stay in a little better shape. Maybe just needs to change his diet up a little bit and workout a little more in the offseason. We've learned with Timmy and even others like Gasol that it takes that at an advanced age sometimes to still play at a high level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two of my bookie sites just opened the Spurs as #2 to land Beal(tied with the Lakers, behind the Raptors)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of superstars, All-NBA, like virtually all awards, is mostly about narrative and cir stance(s).

DeRozan benefitted from being in the East and was wrongly widely regarded as the Raptors best player over the past half decade, even though Lowry + the bench generally posted their best metrics. But
    the archaic voters were seduced by and gave the majority of the credit for the top 5-10 record, to the athletic wing averaging 20something.

Strip those things away and he's an All-Star caliber player.

Aldridge was more of a legit All-Star until this season.
    Last edited by TD 21; 12-04-2018 at 04:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two of my bookie sites just opened the Spurs as #2 to land Beal(tied with the Lakers, behind the Raptors)
    They are gambling on Pop's desperation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beal is a better player than DeRozan. Can score from anywhere, is a 3-point shooter, can run point (4.2 assists per game), is a very good defender (averages 1 block and 1 steal per game). There's a reason why the Wizards had this stretch last year when Wall was out where they went on a winning streak. He's also just 25 and locked up for 3 years. Get him. If you somehow find a 3-and-D wing (maybe Demarre Carroll) on the buy out market and play DeRozan at PG, which gives him an even bigger size advantage, a line up of DeRozan/Beal/Carroll/Gay/Aldridge can easily make the WCF.

Spurs just don't have the assets to get him

Thread Information