Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...tion-continues

Minnesota and San Antonio are two teams that one of the rival execs said would be interested in discussing a trade for Beal. For the Timberwolves, he would serve as a replacement for Jimmy Butler. For the Spurs, he would provide more scoring punch and a three-point-shooting threat—though such a move would necessitate moving DeMar DeRozan to the 3 or playing them in the backcourt together at times without a true point guard.

Gregg Popovich and R.C. Buford don't make panic moves. But given the Spurs' recent struggles, they are expected to be one of the teams that most closely monitors the Wizards mess to see if it's fixable—or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao either I totally misread this or the subject was changed, sorry. I’ll see myself out Totally read it as Avery Bradley
    Last edited by NASpurs; 11-30-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would the Wizards even be interested in? If they could pull off a miracle LMA 4 Beal trade that would be great. I'd dump Aldridge even for Porter + Oubre.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would be better? to try and get Beal or Porter?

I feel Porter fills what we need but Beal is the all around better player. And obviously who knows what it would take to get either of them. But i'm all in for whatever. We desperately need some change here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do we give up for him? LMA is our only half competent big, trading him for a SG would be questionable.

Pau, Jakob, ??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could’ve just not traded Danny Green lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good question. This team needs more a wing with Porter's size but I've watched him play this season and he seems too much overrated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I feel Porter fills what we need but Beal is the all around better player. And obviously who knows what it would take to get either of them. But i'm all in for whatever. We desperately need some change here.
    I'm a little torn as well. Porter better fit vs Beal better player. Either way, I'm in for a change too.

The bigger question for me is, do we make a trade to improve the team or do we try and put something together to shed salary and get young guys back. This morning it's reported that NY is questioning it's draft choices of Nitklina (sp?) and Knox. I'd be just as happy to try and put something together around Pau and Gay and take back bad salary if I could add a guy like Knox and Nitklina. Just pick a direction and do something soon..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shedding salary for young players is just too risky unless the kids are proven blue chippers and those teams that have those few players aren't letting go of them on those rookie deals.

If you want to compete, the NBA is the MLB now. Load your payroll up with stars and that's the only way you're going to contend. Get used to what we've watched the last 3-4 years- NBA seasons where one 2-4 teams are the only contenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do we give up for him? LMA is our only half competent big, trading him for a SG would be questionable.

Pau, Jakob, ??
    Whatever the Wizards ask for. If you can get him for Pau and/or Mills, excellent. If not, I have no problem giving up whoever of Aldridge or DeRozan, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We could’ve just not traded Danny Green lol
    That's all Miss "I need a 50th opinion to make sure my quad is fine" Leonard's fault, tbh.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trade aldridge for him and lets look like the Blazers with Derozan and Beal. omg, who wouldn't love that.

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how far off from a deal would Walker, Pau, Bertans or Belinelli + 3 Picks (Our Two Firsts + Second) for Beal and Green be? Salary is close. Pau could get them cap relief...Young player w upside in Walker and Filler Bertans... would have to showcase Walker and he’d have to show something. Our first would be unprotected.

Is this sounding like a brainwashed homer or is there something to a deal centered around this? I just don’t know what we can realistically offer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also wonder where Porter's value is on the market? Can a package of LMA, Pau, Cun, and Gay + picks get us Beal and Porter?

It would certainly shake things up for both teams and shed salary for Washington? Then maybe pick up a a cheap big or G-league body to play down low.

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes no sense for them to trade for DD or LMA. It’s not like they would turn the season around and you would lose some return on picks for example.

i think Beal would be an ideal fit with LMA and DD though. Keep Murray and that would be some team next year imo.

Murray/Beal/DeRozan/Gay/Aldridge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trade aldridge for him and lets look like the Blazers with Derozan and Beal. omg, who wouldn't love that.
    Beats the crap out of looking like we look right now, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m a fan of Beal. He was the guy I was hoping they Spurs could have gotten for Kawhi. Pop will want to make a big push if he wants to have a chance at even making the conference finals before he retires.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Grunfeld isn't stupid enough to trade Beal for any combination of Spurs players and picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It makes no sense for them to trade for DD or LMA. It’s not like they would turn the season around and you would lose some return on picks for example.

i think Beal would be an ideal fit with LMA and DD though. Keep Murray and that would be some team next year imo.

Murray/Beal/DeRozan/Gay/Aldridge
    Why not? Maybe with a change of look they can somehow accomplish that. Besides, they are never ever trading Wall, so it's not like they can go full blown rebuild, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The sad thing is the west is wide open this year. It's the dubs on top of course but 2-8 is a toss up. Sucks the spurs blow ass all of the sudden. I don't know much about Beal but he can't be worse than the we have on the roster now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA, Pau, Mills and Toronto's 1st for Beal and Porter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA, Pau, Mills and Toronto's 1st for Beal and Porter?
    So our bigs would be Turtle, Metu and Eubanks. Ooof

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they aren't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take our Gasol please!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm... this idea sounds interesting. BUT it would be interesting to see what inerest would the Spurs give up in this trade? Would it be Forbs, or White or Bertans, or WALKER or a combo of these two or one of these guys plus DC33 or QPon & their Toronto 1st round? The BIG question is: can the Spurs afford his contract or match it with a trade? According to Spotrac.com, Beal is entering into his 3rd year of his 5 year, $127 million contract, with an annual salary of $25.4 million. He will be an UFA in 2021. He's 25 right now, & will be 28 by the time his contract expires. This can possibly play into the factor as well. I'm Sure that DeRozan, Mills, Gasol, Aldridge & Murray MAY BE untouhable(?). But let's say this were to happen, it would be interesting to see how they would factor him & DeRozan into the starting lineup since they both play the same position. Beal is 6'5" while DeRozan is 6'7", which is more of the size of a SF. But the bottom line is: Beal would add perimiter scoring punch to this team. We'll see, but won't be holding my breath for this one, especially with PATFO's loyalty, frugalness & history of not making drastic roster moves & shake-ups. GSG!!!

Thread Information