Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon Johnson got that dog in him. He's the only one that consistently plays hard every game.

Think about all of our past 5 le teams. What's the common denominator? They had all had dogs on the team.

1999 - Avery Johnson, Mario Ellie
    2003 - Stak5, Duncan
    2005 - Manu
    2007 - Manu
    2014 - Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All our past championship teams have had multiple hall of famers. We need to get us a couple of those, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All our past championship teams have had multiple hall of famers. We need to get us a couple of those, tbh.
    HOF are not built overnight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Without Timmy, TP3 and Manu wouldn't be recognized as HOF type players until way later in their careers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure Mr and Mrs Duncan built Timmy overnight, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that I think of it... Bill Simmon said in his book that every championship team needs a crazy guy on it lol. Any one of those on the market?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon Johnson got that dog in him. He's the only one that consistently plays hard every game.

Think about all of our past 5 le teams. What's the common denominator? They had all had dogs on the team.

1999 - Avery Johnson, Mario Ellie
    2003 - Stak5, Duncan
    2005 - Manu
    2007 - Manu
    2014 - Kawhi
    nephew??? Also why did Duncan have that dog in him in 03, but not in the other years according to you? Makes no sense. Keldon fills the void that Manu left. He just brings that type of energy, but it's a lot more to it than just that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that I think of it... Bill Simmon said in his book that every championship team needs a crazy guy on it lol. Any one of those on the market?
    Which where the Spurs' crazy guys?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nephew??? Also why did Duncan have that dog in him in 03, but not in the other years according to you? Makes no sense. Keldon fills the void that Manu left. He just brings that type of energy, but it's a lot more to it than just that.
    Duncan had underwhelming NBA Finals series in 2005 and 2007 and was on his last legs in 2014. Now that I think about it, I should have added him in 2005 going up against Detroit and think more broadly of the entire playoffs versus just the NBA Finals.

Duncan is more of a methodical guy, a dog in his own way... but you can't ignore averaging 20 points, almost 20 boards and 5 blocks in the 2003 NBA Finals. I had to put him in 2003.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Without Timmy, TP3 and Manu wouldn't be recognized as HOF type players until way later in their careers.
    I think you sell Manu short. He sacrificed his numbers for the team and likely would've averaged over 25-30 PPG on other teams in his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you sell Manu short. He sacrificed his numbers for the team and likely would've averaged over 25-30 PPG on other teams in his prime.
    Without Timmy's winning ways, championships would have been harder to come by for Manu. Also that was during the Kobe era, so Manu would probably have no rings if the big 3 didnt exist. He'd have great stats, sure. But like I said, HOF recognition would come later when the majority would realize what he had done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Timmy's winning ways, championships would have been harder to come by for Manu. Also that was during the Kobe era, so Manu would probably have no rings if the big 3 didnt exist. He'd have great stats, sure. But like I said, HOF recognition would come later when the majority would realize what he had done.
    Timmy definitely thanks Manu and TP9 for some of his rings, especially Manu in '05 but you're right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ is an alpha with a dog mentality for sure. His athleticism is kinda getting slept on though. He's a freak. Not as fluid with the ball obviously (yet) but he looks like a mini-Lebron out there. Bigger, faster, stronger than other wings most night.

NBA = ed once the rest of his game develops, imho.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way he has more than 2-3 seasons of 25-30 ppg. He played way too hard every night. 6th man role for him was perfect. He'll always been immortalized for the 2004 Gold however. No one can take that away from him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few more to add.

Malik Rose in 2003
    Glenn Robinson in 2005
    Robert Horry in 2007

Bruce Bowen in all the above

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Avery once danced on the sabbath. Crazy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way he has more than 2-3 seasons of 25-30 ppg. He played way too hard every night. 6th man role for him was perfect. He'll always been immortalized for the 2004 Gold however. No one can take that away from him.
    Most players would kill for 3 seasons of 25-30 PPG. Manu played according to what was asked of him in terms of going all out for his limited minutes. He played hard, of course, but if he was THE guy on another team, he would've adjusted to that role successfully, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, there's the guy that ed his teammate's wife while he was also ing Eva Longoria in her prime.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is underrated in the NBA overall considering how much more modern guards play like him than they do Kobe. Who are players influenced by Kobe in their playing style? Derozan?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this team wins a few championships the players will be HOF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure Mr and Mrs Duncan built Timmy overnight, tbh.

Thread Information